Confirmed with Link: Avs Match O'Reilly Offer Sheet Part II [2 yrs 10 m, 5m AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
#90 looks weird but him getting rid of #37 is probably a good thing. That could be a sign that he's staying here long term. I'm glad he didn't change to #18.

He decided on the number change a while ago, in the summer I believe.

Alex B

Dec 3, 2012
He said in an interview that he only took #37 because it was given to him in camp and that he ultimately wanted something with a #9 in it.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He's going to make history next season by becoming the first NHLr to not use an integer for a jersey number when he changes it to 6.5

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater and Chambers at it again....

Adrian Dater @adater
Very icy comments by Duchene about O'Reilly's holdout...

I don't think Duchene's comments today about O'Reilly's contract matter can be interpreted any other way as something of a shot at him. "If I cared about that, maybe I would have done what he did," Duchene said in Detroit, when asked about O'Reilly's holdout.

I think it might be time for Martineau to step in and say no more questions about O'Reilly and his contract situation.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
Dater and Chambers at it again....

I think it might be time for Martineau to step in and say no more questions about O'Reilly and his contract situation.

You know what, I really could care less if he stirs up any crap - I bleeping love Duchene.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Interesting. Probably thinks he's going to get traded.

Asked directly if he is a franchise player, O’Reilly paused and sort of sighed.
“I don’t know if that’s up to me,” he said with a little uncomfortable laugh. “That’s something I can’t control. It’s up to the management and stuff like that. All I can control is the things I can control.”

Dutchy?

Overhearing a conversation about O’Reilly, one Avs player, sounding envious, not angry, interjected: “It’s a great life.”

Last edited:

Mant*

Whatevs man. Just glad The Factor is back! (I just love that nickname :D)

The O'Reilly Factor is a lame way to come up with a nickname... especially when it turns out sounding like a jersey shore guido name.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Chambers at it again.

Denver Post seem almost desperate for this to be a 'thing'. I guess this is what qualifies as journalism these days.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Chambers at it again.

Denver Post seem almost desperate for this to be a 'thing'. I guess this is what qualifies as journalism these days.

Chambers isn't an interesting writer. Whereas Dater inserts his opinion and often injects controversy into his blog posts, Chambers just gives it to you straight.

This season, he's tried to be more edgy with his writing, and it doesn't feel natural.

Take the story you linked: a piece about the bad blood between Duchene and O'Reilly. It starts off well enough, painting an icy scene between the two aforementioned players.

But instead of going for a knockout punch at the end, he finishes with: "(Duchene) probably is glad O'Reilly is back, helping the team, but he doesn't have to agree with how it happened."

Enlightening.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Heh and I thought Avalanche would be able to challenge better teams with Landeskog and O'Reilly. What a failure this season has been. Sacco needs to go now jesus. He's just ruining this young team. How can Avalanche management look at this and let Sacco keep his job? Unbelievable. :shakehead

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Heh and I thought Avalanche would be able to challenge better teams with Landeskog and O'Reilly. What a failure this season has been. Sacco needs to go now jesus. He's just ruining this young team. How can Avalanche management look at this and let Sacco keep his job? Unbelievable. :shakehead

Lost with about two minutes left last night and less than a minute left tonight. Pretty sure that's challenging team ;)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This will all simmer down. Chambers and Dater are just stirring up crap because they know people will read it. Once people get tired of hearing about this story (a couple weeks) it will be plum forgotten and Duchene and ROR can figure out what ever issues they have over the rest of the season/summer.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Chambers isn't an interesting writer. Whereas Dater inserts his opinion and often injects controversy into his blog posts, Chambers just gives it to you straight.

This season, he's tried to be more edgy with his writing, and it doesn't feel natural.

Take the story you linked: a piece about the bad blood between Duchene and O'Reilly. It starts off well enough, painting an icy scene between the two aforementioned players.

But instead of going for a knockout punch at the end, he finishes with: "(Duchene) probably is glad O'Reilly is back, helping the team, but he doesn't have to agree with how it happened."

Enlightening.

He probably got that from Dater. That's his specialty. Make an outlandish assertion based on nothing factual, and then at the very end cover your bases and say, "or maybe not."

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This will all simmer down. Chambers and Dater are just stirring up crap because they know people will read it. Once people get tired of hearing about this story (a couple weeks) it will be plum forgotten and Duchene and ROR can figure out what ever issues they have over the rest of the season/summer.

i don't think there are any issues between the two of them.
i think it's simply Duchene trying to make a point that he doesn't agree with the way the situation went down because ROR essentially left his teammates high and dry to get paid.

that stuff was probably resolved the minute ROR was at practice for the first time. it's kind of like you and your brother fighting over something and then after a couple of hours or days you're buddies again.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
i think Duchene might be wanting that C from Lando. :yo:

To be honest, he's deserving of it. The Avs' brass shouldn't have been so keen on pinning the C on a kid as a lame PR stunt.

Not saying Landy isn't deserving of the C, but no kid really is at this age. If the Duke didn't want it anymore, they should've just gone with NO captain this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad