Post-Game Talk: Avs lose a tough one

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If Ryan Wilson clears that puck like hes supposed to on that play. Tangs never takes that penalty, Mitchell doesnt need to hustle to the bench, Mackinnon has his stick down, Benoit doesnt lose coverage and Franzen doesnt score that GWG.

But who lost the puck in the first hand so that it ended up in the Avs zone with Wilson failing to clear it, and Tangs taking the penalty, Mitchell not hustling......

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
But who lost the puck in the first hand so that it ended up in the Avs zone with Wilson failing to clear it, and Tangs taking the penalty, Mitchell not hustling......

Avs had control of the puck Wilson had plenty of time to clear it and shot it off a wings skate and hemmed the Avs in thus causing Tangs to take a penalty. Wilson was responsible in one way or another for the first 3 Wings goals because he sucks

Huis Clos*

Avs had control of the puck Wilson had plenty of time to clear it and shot it off a wings skate and hemmed the Avs in thus causing Tangs to take a penalty. Wilson was responsible in one way or another for the first 3 Wings goals because he sucks

He's certainly not a top four defenseman.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't know if someone mentioned it, but McLeod's hearing is scheduled for Tuesday and he can't play until then so it's a minimum of two games he'll miss.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't know if someone mentioned it, but McLeod's hearing is scheduled for Tuesday and he can't play until then so it's a minimum of two games he'll miss.

Lapierre got 5.
If Cody gets anything more than 4 there might be something to the Shanahan favors the Deadwings stories...

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Anyone have a link of Kronwall commenting on the hit?

Or any sort of quote of him taking partial responsibility of the hit.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
One loss and all these line change suggestions? Seriously? Why switch RoR off the wing when he'the s looked rather good there?

Or make any of these changes.. 15 Games is when we can really tell what lines are and aren't working. 7 games? Not so much. Too soon, players are still learning each other. Mac is still learning what the NHL is even about.

Definitely use the lines a little more wisely, but I don't know that Roy did that as a blunder as much as it was an intentional thing. And I don't know that playing him against Dats was necessarily a bad idea anyway. Give the kid a taste of whats to come so he can prepare. If it keeps happening then yeah sure, but this could of just been a test/preview for Mac.

Would like to clear up my position on this. I posted new lines on what I think gives us the best chance to win but I realize that we are 6-1 and wholesale changes are not required at this time.

To me it is a combination of :
- maximizing RoR's game by playing him at center with 2 guys he's had chemistry with in the past
- putting PAP back with Duchene for obvious reasons and McGinn fit in well with them last season
- taking advantage of MacKinnon's speed and game breaking ability by playing him with 2 skilled playmakers on the 3rd line (good matchups)

Now there is something to be said for trying to develop Mack as a center instead of a and winger and I get that but I'm also not suggesting this needs to be done now or kept that way forever. When Forsberg went on Joey's wing, it didn't permanently convert him to a winger, just gave the team a boost and a different look. That's all I'm saying, keep it in your back pocket until you need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad