The Luck Against

fb3345f328acd20a3d11900634952cc0.jpeg

The Scratch

03/06/2014
The Rematch

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Guesses one McLeod suspension? I'll go with 5 games judging by who determines it.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I liked seeing Bordy smash Tootoo and EJ going ape against zetterberg in the last 2 minutes of the game.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
We really need to shoot more with some urgency.

I'm happy we outshot them overall but on the PP and with an EN, 2goals down in the dying seconds, is not the time to start passing it round the boards/back of the net.

Get it to the point as quick as possible and get to the net for a tip/rebound!
That's just basic

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
So depending how much time Mcleod gets, do we just play Cliche and not carry an extra forward on the short road trip or do we call someone up for a couple games?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So depending how much time Mcleod gets, do we just play Cliche and not carry an extra forward on the short road trip or do we call someone up for a couple games?
I want to see Malone.

member 116861

I'm so glad that EJ scored, makes the loss a lot easier to handle.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Probably depends more on Landy. If he is hurt somebody will have to be called up. In that case I'd prefer Sgarbossa, Carey, or Agozzino.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
EJ only averages 12 seconds of PK time per game. Huh. So it wasn't only tonight.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Tough one, but I thought they battled hard tonight.

McLeod is an idiot sometimes, and this was one of those times. He'll get suspended and rightfully so.

What Bordeleau was doing on the ice twice in the last 10 minutes of the game is beyond me. He's a waste of space in games like this.

EJ played great, then had the massive brain fart at the end. Been very impressed with EJ and Hejda together.

Wilson not only looks slow skating, but slow with his decision making. Like I've said, I don't mind tossing him in any deal to get a proven top 4 defenseman.

The 3rd line had their worst game of the season by far.

On the other hand, Stastny's line, I thought, did well. Nice of Landy to get that monkey off his back, and I hope he's alright.

The next game will be a test. Coming off a loss and playing an awful team. Can't let down.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kronwall said of the hit:

"I'm ok. It's just so unnecessary (to put himself in that spot). It was mostly my own fault".

McLeod will probably get a game or two, but I don't think he'll get more.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
McLeod shouldn't get more than 5.

But since there was an injury and Shanny is Shanny (and probably will be bias towards the Wings), McLeod is probably done for the season and half of next season.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
McLeod deserves 2-3...but Shanahan's in charge, so 8-10 expected

I hope he doesn't get that kind of a punishment.

I think he could have let up considering how soon Kronwall turned, but still Kronwall should protect himself better than that and was a major part of the hit being as bad as it was.

I wouldn't complain if McLeod wasn't given any further punishment as I don't think he had any intention of injuring Kronwall.

I thought you guys played a great game, love your teams speed and pressure on the puck. When the kids you have playing for you get a little more experience you're going to have one scary line-up. One that should contend for a long time in the West.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Get badly outshot and win. Outshoot them 40-28 and lose. Go figure. :laugh:

Like Roy said, we played better tonight than we did in a few of our wins. It happens. Even though we lost tonight, I feel better about our performance tonight than against the Stars.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Dater having a stupid twitter battle with some moronic red wings fan with anger management issues, but Dater sounds like a real loser too by stooping to his level.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I hope he doesn't get that kind of a punishment.

I think he could have let up considering how soon Kronwall turned, but still Kronwall should protect himself better than that and was a major part of the hit being as bad as it was.

I wouldn't complain if McLeod wasn't given any further punishment as I don't think he had any intention of injuring Kronwall.

I thought you guys played a great game, love your teams speed and pressure on the puck. When the kids you have playing for you get a little more experience you're going to have one scary line-up. One that should contend for a long time in the West.

Question for you, how does it feel getting all the calls and bounces throughout multiple seasons? Don't think I am asking you in a sore loser way because I am not. It is something that I observed and just curious what Wing fans think of the situation they're in and how veteran teams get away with calls.

Don't think I am biased because even Kevin Weeks has commented about this same situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad