Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Kings. 3-2 SOL. Close, but no cigar.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
You guys are near unbearable homers. A guy that has never even touched NHL ice, with only mediocre numbers in the AHL is not that far behind a Conn Smythe winner in Giguere? The Avs are 30th overall, but lots of people can't wait to polish the turd.

Someone has to polish the turd?

NOT IT!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
tppro_box.jpg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You guys are near unbearable homers. A guy that has never even touched NHL ice, with only mediocre numbers in the AHL is not that far behind a Conn Smythe winner in Giguere? The Avs are 30th overall, but lots of people can't wait to polish the turd.

I believe the poster was making a statement in terms of physical ability, and I'd probably agree with him. Lets face it the Giguere you are referring to is long gone, and is a shell of what he used to be. Don't get me wrong its obvious that the guy can still play well and I love his professionalism, but he isn't a number 1 guy any more, and is in the perfect role as a backup mentor now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There is a very real chance of Aittokallio getting shelled today. Team won last night, breathed a sigh of relief and now they face the heavy Kings.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There is a very real chance of Aittokallio getting shelled today. Team won last night, breathed a sigh of relief and now they face the heavy Kings.

This... he will probably let in 4 or 5. As we will all see tonight his rebound control isn't great right now, and the Kings will thrive on that. I'm still happy to see him get a chance.

Huis Clos*

I believe the poster was making a statement in terms of physical ability, and I'd probably agree with him. Lets face it the Giguere you are referring to is long gone, and is a shell of what he used to be. Don't get me wrong its obvious that the guy can still play well and I love his professionalism, but he isn't a number 1 guy any more, and is in the perfect role as a backup mentor now.

Bang on. Our AHL backup goaltender with mediocre numbers is just as good as Giguere.

:laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Hahah :laugh:, I always enjoy your pessimistic posts. Alright picture Giguere like a tank, it takes 30 second (I chose a random number) intervals to reload a new shell into the barrel, and now apply that to Giguere with saves. Again the guys speed is that of a 747 with no tires, I never expected us to win this game, but IMO Aittokallio will do fine for his 1st start.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Better for him to make his debut you now since we can afford to lose. I think he'll be fine the boys will play extra hard infront of him and I think there's a good chance we will win.

Huis Clos*

Hahah :laugh:, I always enjoy your pessimistic posts. Alright picture Giguere like a tank, it takes 30 second (I chose a random number) intervals to reload a new shell into the barrel, and now apply that to Giguere with saves. Again the guys speed is that of a 747 with no tires, I never expected us to win this game, but IMO Aittokallio will do fine for his 1st start.

You're actually right. I'm just a pessimist at heart. It's not like the Avs are dead last in the league.

Or the fact that a guy that played in the CHL all season already has better numbers than Aittokallio, granted in fewer games played.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have eight game in the coming 16 days. You can't ride Giguere into the ground. He has a medical condition that makes it very hard for him to absorb water. He has to get relief in one or two games, assuming Varlamov is done for the year.

Injuries have pushed Aittokallio into a spot he's probably not ready for. Hopefully our skaters have enough pride to do everything to protect him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You're actually right. I'm just a pessimist at heart. It's not like the Avs are dead last in the league.

Or the fact that a guy that played in the CHL all season already has better numbers than Aittokallio, granted in fewer games played.

Much fewer games, and Aitto had a pretty rough start to the season, then he got hurt. He has played fairly good the last 10-15 games IMO. He is picking up the smaller rink and his rebound control has gotten better as the season has progressed.

Patterson has a very slight edge in the most important stat, save % .907 vs .903. 1 bad game by Patterson and that swings in Aitto's favor. The best goalie in Lake Erie has been Pickard and it isn't close.

Edit: I should add in here that Patterson's edge really comes from having 1 really good game. In his starts he has given up 0-4-3-4 goals in LE.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Well with a win today, you'll get your chance for optimism because we will be in 29th!!!!! And have good chance of posting a good thing about Aittokallio, you loveable rascal you.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Calvin Pickard ‏@cpickard1 11m
Good luck to @Aittokallio74 in his nhl debut tonight!!!! Great place to start your career! #nafc #beauty

:laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I thought NAFC stands for North American Fishing Club, what do I know :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad