Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Kings. 3-2 SOL. Close, but no cigar.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1m
#Avs goaltender Sami Aittokallio (@Aittokallio74) will make his NHL debut tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings (8:30 MT, @AltitudeTV).

Well we get to see him play!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sure, lets not play a goalie who stood on his head last night just after calling out the entire team and showing that he is the true leader in the dressing room. Instead we will call up a rookie to our last place team and arguably the worst defensive core to skate in this league in the last 5 years and start him against the stanley cup champions for his first nhl game.

I'm as excited as anyone to see Aitto play. I hope the kid shines. I just completely disagree with the timing. Why not let Giggy play again. He deserves it. This management gets worse by the day.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Sure, lets not play a goalie who stood on his head last night just after calling out the entire team and showing that he is the true leader in the dressing room. Instead we will call up a rookie to our last place team and arguably the worst defensive core to skate in this league in the last 5 years and start him against the stanley cup champions for his first nhl game.

I'm as excited as anyone to see Aitto play. I hope the kid shines. I just completely disagree with the timing. Why not let Giggy play again. He deserves it. This management gets worse by the day.

Sometimes you have to just throw him into the fire.

And watch him burn I say! Burn!!!!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sometimes you have to just throw him into the fire.

And watch him burn I say! Burn!!!!

you're right. I'm just so pissed off that anything questionable builds a fire under me. I hope it works out. I cant wait to see him play. I just feel Giggy deserves it.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Stood on his head? Anaheim only had 22 shots and looked awful. Plus, Giguere has that sweating condition so back to backs are less likely with him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Not sure Varly will be back for a few, and if that is the case Giggy will be playing a lot (slight feeling he'll play more even when Varly returns). Back to backs may be a bit much for the old guy. :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well I was going to start Aittokallio just for fun in my fantasy league, but ESPN hasn't seen fit to add him to their player list.

Huis Clos*

Nothing quite like starting your 4th string goaltender. This could get interesting.

Huis Clos*

There is not a big difference between 2-4 in terms of talent, IMO.

You guys are near unbearable homers. A guy that has never even touched NHL ice, with only mediocre numbers in the AHL is not that far behind a Conn Smythe winner in Giguere? The Avs are 30th overall, but lots of people can't wait to polish the turd.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 1m
#Avs goaltender Sami Aittokallio (@Aittokallio74) will make his NHL debut tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings (8:30 MT, @AltitudeTV).

Well we get to see him play!

Awesome. Thanks for posting. Actually excited to watch the game tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad