Post-Game Talk: Avs hockey: 10 minutes of actual work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

I thought the one problem we didn't have was character issues but ffs we even have that and we're further from competing than I thought. The effort level for the whole game is just never there.

I had faith that this mgmt knew what it was doing outside Sacco but they're all pretty clueless and have no plan. This is depressing. My 2nd favourite team is the Leafs and they suck but I kept thinking that at least the Avs will get back to contention but now the Leafs are lookin better to me.

Don't be silly.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was pathetic. :shakehead

What the hell is their obsession with Hunwick? He got the most PP time and he was only behind EJ for SH ice time. That should NEVER happen. Sacco and whoever is in charge of special teams are complete morons. Hunwick on the top PP unit? Duchene at the point on the PP where he is awful? EJ not on the ice at all? WTF?

I've been saying all along that O'Brien should be in the line-up. Oh boy. He was a disaster all game long. His first game of the season but I was wrong on that one.

Never been a big fan of Wilson and once again he did nothing to change my mind. His effort on the empty net goal just summed up his night perfectly. At least try to get back and prevent the goal. I know he's nothing more than a third pairing defenseman and he's being asked to do too much but a little bit of effort there would be nice.

People will still defend him and make excuses but what another pathetic performance by Stastny. Complete no show once again. He is actually the 22nd highest paid forward in the league and 13th highest paid center. Sure all he did was just accept the idiotic contract FG gave him but he hasn't even come close to living up to it and when you're getting paid like that, you better produce. I'd rather give O'Reilly $6.6M/yr because at least when he's not scoring, he's doing a lot of other things to help the team. Stastny is doing NOTHING to help the team right now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I want to see Sgarbossa. People can say he isn't ready for the NHL, but the way he's producing in the AHL and the way this team isn't producing at the NHL level, they need a serious influx of skill, especially with the injuries. Give him a shot.

Malone appears to work hard and is good defensively, but doesn't look like he's got a ton of skill.

Huis Clos*

What happened to the line of Mcginn-Stastny-Jones everyone was raving about last year?

At this point I think you have to put Landy with Stastny, I doubt it will help but you have to try something. Everyone will continue to blame Paul's linemates tho.

In 10 combined games how many points do Jones and McGinn have combined? Two?

member 116861

What the hell is their obsession with Hunwick? He got the most PP time and he was only behind EJ for SH ice time. That should NEVER happen. Sacco and whoever is in charge of special teams are complete morons. Hunwick on the top PP unit? Duchene at the point on the PP where he is awful? EJ not on the ice at all? WTF?

I've been saying all along that O'Brien should be in the line-up. Oh boy. He was a disaster all game long. His first game of the season but I was wrong on that one.

Never been a big fan of Wilson and once again he did nothing to change my mind. His effort on the empty net goal just summed up his night perfectly. At least try to get back and prevent the goal. I know he's nothing more than a third pairing defenseman and he's being asked to do too much but a little bit of effort there would be nice.

People will still defend him and make excuses but what another pathetic performance by Stastny. Complete no show once again. He is actually the 22nd highest paid forward in the league and 13th highest paid center. Sure all he did was just accept the idiotic contract FG gave him but he hasn't even come close to living up to it and when you're getting paid like that, you better produce. I'd rather give O'Reilly $6.6M/yr because at least when he's not scoring, he's doing a lot of other things to help the team. Stastny is doing NOTHING to help the team right now.

I thought Hunny was pretty good.

:(

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
However trading Stastny or not trading him will not solve this team problems. We have 1 too many bad contracts with 5 no. 6 dmen. This team also needs better coaching and management. Something all of have cried for years.

Until that changes its just going to be the same management with a different face i.e. promotion from within, preaching change. Rinse wash and repeat.

I'll still follow this team to the end but good god its like a relationship with a hot girl that went fat and ugly and am still hoping it goes back to being the hot girl.

That's more or less describing how Stastny's career has gone.:(

I say trade Stastny for a defender, sign ROR fire Sacco snd we'll be sitting pretty.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
- PAP is a ****** player. I know he scored a goal so everyone will say he played well but the guy is **** and he was holding down Duchene. He is a playmaker but he couldn't make a pass the whole game. I'm not happy with this signing.

I was afraid of this. I paid attention to the Isles the past couple seasons and I wasn't sure what their fans meant when they called PAP a hockey Pejorative Slur but I soon understood. He has some good tools like NHL speed and passing ability but he makes two bad plays for every decent one. If you want your team to be a contender then this is not the type of player you use on your first line and maybe not even your top 6 even if he can put up 50 or 60 pts.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I was afraid of this. I paid attention to the Isles the past couple seasons and I wasn't sure what their fans meant when they called PAP a hockey Pejorative Slur but I soon understood. He has some good tools like NHL speed and passing ability but he makes two bad plays for every decent one. If you want your team to be a contender then this is not the type of player you use on your first line and maybe not even your top 6 even if he can put up 50 or 60 pts.

Parenteau played fine. He has good vision. You know who's played like **** this season so far? Paul Casper Stastny. He looks so slow and weak.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Sadly, Stastny is looking like a contract player (IE Theodore).

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
Im ok with that in this throwaway season
Get Seth if we can
put Barrie or Elliot in a package deal down the road.

Right now they need Barrie and his ability to pass and handle the puck not to mention his skating. As nice as it might be to draft Seth, they could really use a top forward. Too many complementary forwards and not enough skill. Really could use a game breaker.

member 116861

Parenteau played fine. He has good vision. You know who's played like **** this season so far? Paul Casper Stastny. He looks so slow and weak.

Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Crossing over to your board for a minute..

My observation:
Duchene was the best player today for either side.. The guy loves Rexall ice.
Varmalov was rock solid all night keeping the Avs in the game.
Statsny was invisible.. was expecting a lot bigger contribution.
Great fight at ES all night.. clearly the better team despite offense depletion..
Special teams in the end was the difference..

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Stastny has played better than PAP. Yeah PAP has 3 goals but the guy struggles to make a pass.

PAP struggles to receive passes as well if anyone noticed. He's not a $4 M player.

But I won't say that he's been worst than Stastny.

The only solace I take is that Stastny's a centreman and he might be making a hard to notice on TV contribution in terms of the defensive game.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Maybe I'll get an answer here since nobody answered in the Stastny thread.

If Stastny is such a bad player, why would anyone give us the top pairing defensemen we need for him. It's easy to say "well trade him for a Defensemen" but you guys wouldn't take just any defensemen would you?

And don't give me this "well any defensemen is better than what Stastny is giving us" because it's not true. If we traded Stastny for another 5-6 defensemen you guys would be all over the guy if he didn't produce and then get on Shermans back for making a bad trade.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Crossing over to your board for a minute..

My observation:
Duchene was the best player today for either side.. The guy loves Rexall ice.
Varmalov was rock solid all night keeping the Avs in the game.
Statsny was invisible.. was expecting a lot bigger contribution.
Great fight at ES all night.. clearly the better team despite offense depletion..
Special teams in the end was the difference..

You're too kind

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Barrie should get a shot. Sure he makes some defensive mistakes, but at least he can gain the blue line and pass the puck. He is much more skilled than most of our defenders.

member 116861

I think Barrie should get a shot. Sure he makes some defensive mistakes, but at least he can gain the blue line and pass the puck. He is much more skilled than most of our defenders.

He has to be better than Shane O'Brien.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Maybe I'll get an answer here since nobody answered in the Stastny thread.

If Stastny is such a bad player, why would anyone give us the top pairing defensemen we need for him. It's easy to say "well trade him for a Defensemen" but you guys wouldn't take just any defensemen would you?

And don't give me this "well any defensemen is better than what Stastny is giving us" because it's not true. If we traded Stastny for another 5-6 defensemen you guys would be all over the guy if he didn't produce and then get on Shermans back for making a bad trade.

I would try and get a guy like Sekera for him. He would be tough to move because of that bloated contract and the cap going down next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad