GDT: Av's double up on Calgary, 6-3

RA9

Dec 30, 2009
In all honesty, I think we deserved to win this game. Backlund missed about 3 opportunities in one period to give the Flames the lead. Kipper didn't play well at all, his bad-good rotation by season is showing.

The Flames were the better team, but the Avs capitalized on their chances.

We seriously need to consider trading our vets. But at least the Avs winning helped my fantasy team..

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Red Wings fan, coming in peace. I see Hudler had a big night. How has he been looking?

We still like Hudler, very good player.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Shame.

'bout all you can say.
Team that has only scored once in the past three games, and lights you up big time in your own building on 4 days rest. Although it's early... Jarome, Cammy and Kipper look lost out there.

Iggy was decent tonight made some nice plays but couldn't pull the trigger, Cammy was invisible and Kipper was terrible

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Honestly that was probably one of the easiest game Calgary will have this year. 4 days of rest while Colorado played 3 games in 4 nights. Pathetic really.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This has been the worst I've seen of Kipper.

Cammy has been, well, stupid with the puck in the defensive zone

Butler hasn't impressed me at all. Not after seeing Smith

Even though Butler and Cammy haven't been on their game, they're not as important as Kipper.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Kiprusoff really has been awful Irving needs to start next game. Cammy's looked terrible all season and I would look to maybe trade him for either prospects and/or picks if we are out of the playoffs or if we still plan to contend I'd look for another struggling top 6 winger but with more size maybe look at a team like Columbus with umberger or Brandon Dubinsky (bit of a stretch on Dubinsky)

Aug 3, 2010
I feel badly for Backlund, just couldn't finish - holding his stick too tight. He should've had that walk-in attempt but it was a very weak shot considering the time he had to utilize it.

Aceonfire*

At least you guys can look forward to Mackinnon

Or Jones, its your pick

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Iggy looked "good" tonight but he really looks like he has taken a step back this season and I wonder if it is finally time to ship # 12 out while he still has some value.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Wrong. We are terrible in our own end, and the Flames gave the Avs too much time in cycling the puck down low. We rode 1 line today and 2 defensive lines. Short bursts from our 4th line and from Backlund.

The Flames still can't play 60 minutes.

Rode 1 line? We had 5 forwards over 18 minutes, we never use more than 2 defensive lines Smith and Butler suck. The defense wasn't great but Kipper was easily the worse flames player today and that says alot as Butler sucked.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Red Wings fan, coming in peace. I see Hudler had a big night. How has he been looking?

We still like Hudler, very good player.

Him and Cervanka have been the only players Flames fans are happy about. Only seen Hudler twice now, but I want his jersey. Fan favorite in the making. Us Flames fans aren't used to seeing skill out there.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
In all honesty... **** sakes, just do a quick rebuild. I know this is kinda of a knee jerk reaction...

But seriously. Get some top tier talent while people still think Jarome's got some juice, get some top tier talent while people think Kipper's still a stud, get something for Cammy.
You have or are stuck with as a core in a rebuild:
Hudler, Cervenka, Backlund, Baertchi, TJ, Gio, Wideman, Glencross, Tanguay & Ramo.

I mean, Nathan MacKinnon is going to be a very good top line center in this league; just start selling. The team we have on the ice tonight doesn't look like it can compete with anyone.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Well... if we lose against Chicago this weekend (which I'm going to be at), then we might as well just start posting the consensus top ten picks at the start of each GDT.

It's becoming unacceptable in such a short season to have this much gone by with only 3 points, especially with the home ice advantage that we've had. It's not over yet, but if things don't shape up soon Feaster better start selling. Teams like Pittsburgh and Philly are gonna come calling with both teams hurting.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Him and Cervanka have been the only players Flames fans are happy about. Only seen Hudler twice now, but I want his jersey. Fan favorite in the making. Us Flames fans aren't used to seeing skill out there.

LOL :P

We do not even really know why he wasn't resigned.

I am guessing when he left for KHL that one year, it soured us on him a little.
Maybe he demanded too much money? we dont know. But I think he is quite good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad