GDT: Avs @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
damn what a game. nico was a beast. he almost had a couple of goals with some slick shots. he's been our best center this season and top 10 in the league.

bratt has been a revelation, the skills were always there.

need some consistent goaltending over the next few games to really start believing.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Wasn't able to catch the game live, but what a massive win. A statement game. With performances likes this and vs. NYI and DET, you can see how talented and how high a ceiling this club has when they put it all together.
It's funny bc the Avs board says that we 1-2-2 trapped all night and it was a game where both teams look bad and we shouldn't be celebrating because we beat them minus a bunch of their top players. For some reason Kadri was included in one post about that as well. I thought the Devils played a complete 60 min game, there were very few times if any that I can recall that they were obviously outplayed, and I thought we matched them very well.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
It's funny bc the Avs board says that we 1-2-2 trapped all night and it was a game where both teams look bad and we shouldn't be celebrating because we beat them minus a bunch of their top players. For some reason Kadri was included in one post about that as well. I thought the Devils played a complete 60 min game, there were very few times if any that I can recall that they were obviously outplayed, and I thought we matched them very well.

Hey, they were missing Kadri, we were missing Elias, surely it's a wash.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nothing like waking up to start the morning off knowing you have a very good hockey team. It's been a long time.

0f6.jpg

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Definitely looked like more than that on TV. Kind of disappointing how bad attendance has been, especially with the team starting off well. Ohh well, that’s what a decade of losing does. If they keep winning I’m sure it’ll pick up.

Attendance is down across the board. Like, all sports around the world.

It’s almost as if people are having to tighten their belts due to terrible financial policies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Definitely looked like more than that on TV. Kind of disappointing how bad attendance has been, especially with the team starting off well. Ohh well, that’s what a decade of losing does. If they keep winning I’m sure it’ll pick up.

I was there, a lot of empty seats but the crowd was amped all game. They'll come eventually, just got to keep winning.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I didn’t go to their board but I liked how a Avs fan complained on the main thread that this was a boring game. He said he didn’t even normally find Avs losses boring like this.

Yes sweetie, that unfamiliar sensation is called a shut out. We get it, you aren’t used to seeing your team not scoring on the hundred PP opportunities it gets every game. (Most in the NHL with a bullet.)

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Ok I had so much fun watching that game with my buds last night I couldn't even get in to post. Perfect.

If you remove Tatar and a couple of penalties, that was about as perfect a game as I've seen in ten years.

Vanacek was very good, esp since we have him nothing to do for a period+... He gave us exactly what we needed. The post came up with the first save and he did the rest. Perfect.

I can't even begin to say enough about our D corps. Marino and siegenthaler look impenetrable. Our forwards did a great job. There were only a couple of breakdowns and only one was bad.

Bratt to Hughes for the win.

I'm positively giddy.

Edit:. Bastian and the PK. The power play moving the puck. Nico in the dot.

The only bummer was that offside call on Woods' goal.
Complete, two way, perfect 60minutes. Ay yi.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Unfortunately our defense has been left flatfooted and hung out to dry on more than a few occasions this season by horrible forward play. I guess they didn't have any of those breakdowns tonight?
One, maybe two breakdowns, and that's all. Beautiful game defensively. I might go back and watch it a few more times. Vanacek was there with the big saves when we needed it, and that looked different... But a huge difference was the commitment level all over the ice.

If, and it's a huge if... We can actually execute like this every game, we are a playoff team. And this is the first time I've believed it after typing it in many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille