JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

3baedkY.jpg

m4OCQlI.jpg

DEVILS (4-3-0) vs. AVALANCHE (4-2-1)

Head-to-Head

The Devils will face the Avalanche two times this season with the rematch coming on March 1 in Denver. Last season, the teams split their two games with the Devils winning 5-3 at Prudential Center on March 8 and the Avs winning 3-1 at Ball Arena on April 14.

Devils team scope:
The Devils started the season with two losses but since that time have been the best team in the NHL. Since October 16, no team has more points than the eight the Devils have registered. They're first in shots per game at 40.4 and first in fewest shots allowed at 20.6 (five less than second-place Seattle). Most recently, the Devils had a big 6-2 win on Tuesday in Detroit and have won four of their last five games overall.

On the season, Jesper Bratt leads the Devils (and tied for the NHL lead) with 12 points (3 goals, 9 assists). Nico Hischier is second with seven points. Hischier's seven points have all come in the team's last five contests.

Avalanche team scope:
The defending Stanley Cup champion Avalanche opened the season to some mixed results with only two wins in its first five games but have rattled off victories in each of its last two on the road against formidable opponents, beating Vegas 3-2 this past Saturday and the Rangers 3-2 in a shootout several days ago.

Valeri Nichushkin leads the Avs with seven goals and 12 points, both of those are tied for the NHL lead. Nathan MacKinnon is second on the club with 10 points and Mikko Rantanen is third with nine.

By the Numbers:
Two players tied for the NHL lead in scoring will be playing in this game. Bratt and Nichushkin each have 12 points on the year. Bratt leads the League in assists with nine, tied with Edmonton's Leon Draisaitl while Nichushkin leads in goals with seven, tied with Andrei Svechnikov and Steven Stamkos. … Last season, Bratt was the Devils' leading scorer in games against Colorado with a goal and three assists for four points in two contests. Yegor Shrangovich, Pavel Zacha and Jack Hughes each had two points. For Colorado, Cale Makar, Rantanen and MackInnon each had a goal and two assists for three points to lead the way for the Avalanche against New Jersey.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Bernier (Hip - IR)
Palat (Lower Body - Day-to-Day)

Avalanche
Landeskog (Knee - IR)
Helm (Undisclosed - IR)

J3nZj3f.jpg

D3RUEyS.png

vZNor5v.png

UiNXLqV.gif

jx9cOQF.png

5KLnl10.png

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Tough game against a tough opponent, but if we lose while giving a good effort, hard to be mad. If we play to our strengths, we can 100% keep up with them.

Might miss the game tonight, but I’ll check my phone for sure if I do.

LGD!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
This game is definitely going to be a big test. I don't expect to win, and I certainly don't expect to outshoot them by 18 shots or put up a 60% CF.

But I do want to see that the Devils can bring their A game and compete with the Cup champs. Would be demoralizing to be totally outclassed when we have hopes that this can be a playoff team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We actually did beat them last March (I think it was in March? Or was it February?) at home.

I think Daws was in net though.

And didn't we come back from 3-0 down to win either 4-3 or maybe 5-3 with an empty net?

It was probably one of the most memorable games of last season, considering the opponent and the fact that there weren't many memorable games at all.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Nichushkin looks fantastic at the moment. Fast, skilled, vision and toughness. He looks scary.

The Devils will need an A+ game.

Nichushkin has 5 PP goals in 7 games when his last career high was 5 PP goals in a season.

For some reason him as a PP net front presence wasn’t a thing before and now it’s money in the bank. So we need to try to stop that.

He has a total of 7 goals but 1 of of his 2 EV strength goals is an EN goal so he isn’t doing the same damage there.

Reactions: MauDevils

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nichushkin has 5 PP goals in 7 games when his last career high was 5 PP goals in a season.

For some reason him as a PP net front presence wasn’t a thing before and now it’s money in the bank. So we need to try to stop that.

He has a total of 7 goals but 1 of of his 2 EV strength goals is an EN goal so he isn’t doing the same damage there.
So Nuke is getting a Hatrick you say?

Devils Suck at keeping the crease clear.😥

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

So... everything we should do is asking Mister Smith to play clean game. Right? Its an easy task?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Their first line and D are absurd, but am I crazy for not being too impressed by lines 2-4? I know missing Landeskog doesn’t help, but still.

Reactions: markog

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We actually did beat them last March (I think it was in March? Or was it February?) at home.

I think Daws was in net though.

And didn't we come back from 3-0 down to win either 4-3 or maybe 5-3 with an empty net?

It was probably one of the most memorable games of last season, considering the opponent and the fact that there weren't many memorable games at all.
Yes which makes me more worried about tonight, don’t think they’ll exactly sleep on us this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad