Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
So you decided to derail the thread before anyone else beats you to it? Solid logic lol

I'm sorry but this has to be the fifth thread about the Habs dealing with colorado and in every single one it is drenched with insane proposals for the avs top prospects lol. Already see where this is going as Timmins name is getting tossed around with a first. Isn't happening.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
1st + Timmins is fair. Tatar won't come for cheap since he's signed for next yeat as well. I could see Nichushkin as part of a package as well.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Isn't Dater a hack?
Well he's not 100% wrong all the time so I wouldn't call him a hack. He definitely has some sources in the org and has called stuff.

The reasons we dislike him generally is because:
- He guesses on a lot of stuff (injuries, trades, signings)
- He can act like an enormous ass, and paywalls his 'news' stories on his new site. Usually it's news that can be found elsewhere.
- When he doesn't get a scoop, he gets kinda buttsore and makes excuses for why he didn't break the story first, which rubs some of us the wrong way. Classic stories include: being stuck on an elevator, on a flight, etc.

Also he looks like Beaker from the muppets

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I mean I'd love that kind of package.

Realistically something similar to 1st + Timmins. But not sure how willing Sakic would be to do that
Alright I hope we can snag Kreider if not maybe a less costly player we can turn into a Burakovsky :sarcasm: Sadly for me I’m not ready to give up someone like Newhook or Timmins. I hope Sakic has the same thinking as I do. He showed extreme patience since he’s here so I doubt he will trade one of them.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
1st + Timmins is fair. Tatar won't come for cheap since he's signed for next yeat as well. I could see Nichushkin as part of a package as well.
Tatar doesn't pull either of those assets alone, let alone both. Timmins is not being traded. Tatar isn't getting a 1st either, or at least I wouldn't touch that value with a 2,500,000 foot stick

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I saw a facebook post from RDS saying that Bergevin was in Denver to scout. Boy I read the comments. Someone suggested Tatar and Kovy for a 1st, Newhook and Timmins or someone straight up Byram. It was a funny read though. Anyway what does Habs fans expect to get for Tatar?

There's not reason not to expect a return between what VGK gave up for him and what Montreal got for Pacioretty. He's producing, he's in his prime, his cap number for any team getting him without retention from Montreal is $4.8 million - a bargain for the player he is. Montreal is under no pressure to sell him off, so it has to be something of real value.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
No way Armia gets traded. Guy gets an extension on July 1st.
I mean, if we want to rebuild, you can't have guys like Armia as untouchable... I could see him bringing a very nice package because of his rare combo of attribute (2way play, size, goal scoring, contract, age).

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Considering the market,
Tatar for 1st + Timmins + Zadorov/Jost/Kaut/Graves

I would be ok with just 1st + Timmins, but with how the recent trades have gone, the habs could definitely get more for tatar.
I would definitely love to add another winger but sadly not at the expense of Timmins or Newhook. Mack and Newhook are our future #1/2C while our future top 4 should look something like Byram-Makar Girard-Timmins. I guess it will have to hurt to add one of Kreider or Tatar :(

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
Tatar doesn't pull either of those assets alone, let alone both. Timmins is not being traded. Tatar isn't getting a 1st either, or at least I wouldn't touch that value with a 2,500,000 foot stick
If you honestly think Tatar on a 2 year deal wouldn't get a 1st while on pace for 70 points after BLAKE COLEMAN got a 1st, I question your ability to fog a mirror

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I know the market is bananas right now, but do you really expect a guy like Tatar to command a bigger return than he has in his last 2 trades? That’s just not going to happen (and no it doesn’t matter that you guys flipped Scandella for a bigger return than you got him for).

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I mean, if we want to rebuild, you can't have guys like Armia as untouchable... I could see him bringing a very nice package because of his rare combo of attribute (2way play, size, goal scoring, contract, age).
He fits with the rebuild/retool way more age wise. He's also almost the only forward with size in the whole Montreal organization.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If you honestly think Tatar on a 2 year deal wouldn't get a 1st while on pace for 70 points after BLAKE COLEMAN got a 1st, I question your ability to fog a mirror
Blake Coleman makes $3m less for the same amount of term. That's far more valuable to a contending team up against the cap than even Tatar at 50% retained. He also PKs at an elite level and is one of the quickest skaters in the NHL.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I know the market is bananas right now, but do you really expect a guy like Tatar to command a bigger return than he has in his last 2 trades? That’s just not going to happen (and no it doesn’t matter that you guys flipped Scandella for a bigger return than you got him for).
I think so. He just had 2 career years, he's only 29, and signed to an excellent contract. His value is at an all-time high. Add to that the fact he's the *2nd* top forward rumored available on a crazy seller market, with many teams looking for a top 6 forward, the value is even higher.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad