Rumor: Avs considering Tatar as circle back option [Mod Warning in OP]

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Fair that you feel you want to protect him. I doubt that you get Tatar and not give up one of Newhook or Byram. I know, you value them high but Habs not going to trade Tatar for less than what Coleman just returned.

Good luck with Kreider. Habs will gladly keep Tatar if we don't get the return we want.

Sakic doesn't strike me as someone who would trade an asset like Byram or Newhook so I guess I'm fine with the Avs never acquiring Tatar or Kreider.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Sakic doesn't strike me as someone who would trade an asset like Byram or Newhook so I guess I'm fine with the Avs never acquiring Tatar or Kreider.

Yup. We have so much cap we can get Kreider or even hall in ufa if we wanted to.

Burakovsky; Rantanen; Landeskog; donskoi; Nuke; compher. I'm happy with our winger depth regardless.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Yup. We have so much cap we can get Kreider or even hall in ufa if we wanted to.

Burakovsky; Rantanen; Landeskog; donskoi; Nuke; compher. I'm happy with our winger depth regardless.

Yeah and it seems like, and I could be off on this completely of course, that Sakic is a GM that has studied the past and he probably realizes that Lecroix messed up most of the time with his deadline trades and rode on his, forsberg's, and roy's coat tails to actually get shit done.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think Sakic went the cheap route and went with Namestnikov. I expect Sakic is more likely to try and pick up another cheap forward rather than circle back for Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad