Post-Game Talk: Avs - Canucks 1-3 | Almost hockey

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Now that Mcping scored , should i re-open the thread ? :laugh:

Oh hell no! You saw those threads, they were ripe with the other team's posters telling us why our players suck and that we'd be lucky to allow them to take them off our hands for their hot garbage.

The only thread involving the Avalanche that should remain open on that forum is the "All-Purpose Kulikov Discussion" thread because a respected Hockey Journalist, Elliotte Friedman, gave the quick-hit about a potential Avs/Panthers deal....by the way a number of Panthers fans (though not all of them, but some of them) would be open to a trade where McGinn-for-Kulikov is the main parts of a deal.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hopefully the return of Tanguay soon will help with things. MacKinnon needs to be put back at center ASAP.

Meaningless or not, glad that McGinn was able to pick up a goal.

And if a thread is started on the main board about lack of PP's for the Avs, I'll make sure not to join in. That's whining at it's finest. And really, do you want to see this PP at all?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Oh hell no! You saw those threads, they were ripe with the other team's posters telling us why our players suck and that we'd be lucky to allow them to take them off our hands for their hot garbage.

The only thread involving the Avalanche that should remain open on that forum is the "All-Purpose Kulikov Discussion" thread because a respected Hockey Journalist, Elliotte Friedman, gave the quick-hit about a potential Avs/Panthers deal....by the way a number of Panthers fans (though not all of them, but some of them) would be open to a trade where McGinn-for-Kulikov is the main parts of a deal.

You got going in the Leafs one today as well. But that was fun. :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If it was a tight game with solid work from the team, it wouldn't bother me as much. But we looked terrible. You can't be this bad and expect to make the playoffs, these games need to be aberrations. But as we've seen in the two Blues and the one Oils games, we really suck sometimes.

Yeah, we're not done rebuilding. But for the love of god... show some life out there offensively at least.

This wasn't one of those games. The offense was a cluster**** but we didn't play too badly.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
You got going in the Leafs one today as well. But that was fun. :laugh:

Tell me about it...that one was the WORST! Especially when his ridiculous logic gets thrown back in his face what happens? He tries to deflect away from it.

I gave him multiple opportunities to just admit that he was wrong about what he originally wrote, but he wouldn't do it.

He was certainly worthy of this .gif (same that I posted in the trade thread)

frustrated-gif-2.gif

(makes me laugh...every time)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully the return of Tanguay soon will help with things. MacKinnon needs to be put back at center ASAP.

Meaningless or not, glad that McGinn was able to pick up a goal.

And if a thread is started on the main board about lack of PP's for the Avs, I'll make sure not to join in. That's whining at it's finest. And really, do you want to see this PP at all?

Or at least put him with Stastny.

Agree about the whining. Anyone who thinks we're losing because of the refs is just lying to themselves. If we did get a PP, we would just complain about how terrible it is.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That seals it. Edmonton game-->Calgary-->Nucks
When the 3rd line is your best line it looks pretty clear the top 2 lines aren't working.
Nice practice scrimmage by the gang tonight. Should be well rested for the Yotes.
I'm ready to say Barrie looks like a 5/6, unless he has a big defensive guy next to him, at least in this man to man type system of Roy's. Just cant handle even medium sized forwards along the boards or in front of the net.
Duchene is being out done by Mitchell in the playmaking category?!?!?!?
Team was blah, officiating was blah (seems the new norm this year league wide), Nucks were even Blah.
Overall, just a loss, but that was a sad effort tonight.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

I think the Avs would be too , i'm sure we could work something out arround Mcping + for Kulikov ... Even if i know that Kulikov wouldnt be a savior , he would still be our second best Damn

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Tell me about it...that one was the WORST! Especially when his ridiculous logic gets thrown back in his face what happens? He tries to deflect away from it.

I gave him multiple opportunities to just admit that he was wrong about what he originally wrote, but he wouldn't do it.

He was certainly worthy of this .gif (same that I posted in the trade thread)

frustrated-gif-2.gif

(makes me laugh...every time)

That guy was literally the most contradicting poster in HF history haha. :laugh: Anytime he'd say something in relation to an Avs player it was that we over rate them, and we can't over value them because they haven't reached their potential yet.

Yet with any leafs player they can be elite because of what they'll do in the next 12-15 months. Even the other Leafs fans were embarrassed he was posting with as a Leafs fan.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think the Avs would be too , i'm sure we could work something out arround Mcping + for Kulikov ... Even if i know that Kulikov wouldnt be a savior , he would still be our second best Damn

I don't even think there has to be a big "+" or even one at all from what some of them were talking about. Granted I didn't dig deep into their threads.

I'm hoping that if Friedman WAS right about a potential deal nearly being done that it gets revisited and it isn't completely dead.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This wasn't one of those games. The offense was a cluster**** but we didn't play too badly.

I wouldn't even classify this game as 'decent'. The offense was anemic, I've seen more life out of a cadaver. The defense was missing reads left and right, letting guys walk into the slot and make passes into every dangerous area. Giggy was out of position several times.

It was a terrible game that Vancouver should have beat us with 5+ goals to be honest. At least 4. We looked better against Edmonton.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mentioned it before, but all three players that have recently come back from injures have really SUCKED.

- McGinn: Work effort has been there, but nothing else.
- Stastny: Looked like a 4th line centre tonight.
- Duchene: An injured Joey Hishon would have done better.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Well that was a crappy birthday present (I go these tickets for my bday back in oct)
Duchenes line was the worst line for either team, and Dutchy himself looked injured. I don't know what excuse Landy has for hat game though.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Given our weak d corps and thoroughly average bottom 6, it's pretty hard to be surprised at losses when none of our top 6 show up to play. What the hell is going on with some of these guys, I'm confused as to how they can all slump at once. Our young scoring forwards are supposed to be our strength, so as long as they're ineffective its hard to see the team being very successful.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well that was a crappy birthday present (I go these tickets for my bday back in oct)
Duchenes line was the worst line for either team, and Dutchy himself looked injured. I don't know what excuse Landy has for hat game though.

Having to play with Duchene? :laugh:

I love Duchene but he's sucking the life out of everyone that plays with him right now. Just put O'Reilly back with Duchene and leave them alone. They'll figure it out eventually. Same with Landeskog and Stastny.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Getting almost two minutes of 5 vs 3 or Holdens shot going in the net might have changed the game. Every team will have a bunch of these what if losses during a season.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy said he thought they played well, but the top two lines haven't performed as well as they normally have. Not much interesting, was asked about Guenin and he said they have a lot of confidence in him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm losing confidence in Guenin more and more each game but I don't expect Roy to say any different than he did. He has to show the players he believes in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad