GDT: Avs @ Blues *The Boys Are Back (Hopefully)* 8PM ET / 6PM MT

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Love how salty some Blues fans are and the progression they've taken this season.

'We're better than the Avs' > 'It's injuries' > 'We can beat the Avs, they aren't that good' > 'lul Avs so soft, can't wait to watch them get bounced in the playoffs'.
Why they so angry? They are a few years removed from a Cup. Holy hell.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Love how salty some Blues fans are and the progression they've taken this season.

'We're better than the Avs' > 'It's injuries' > 'We can beat the Avs, they aren't that good' > 'lul Avs so soft, can't wait to watch them get bounced in the playoffs'.
Reading that thread is just so fun.

"Hit the Avs and they get scared become turnover machines"

You don't even have to touch the blues to scare them and make them turn the puck over or fire it over the glass LOL

That team is just terrible for the talent they have

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Funny how they called Dubnyk trash when we played them last game after acquiring him now 2-0 against them :laugh:
There are some people on this board who called him trash as well and they are very quiet too...probably waiting for his first loss to bring it up.

Reactions: Avs425 and Spilot23

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Reading that thread is just so fun.

"Hit the Avs and they get scared become turnover machines"

You don't even have to touch the blues to scare them and make them turn the puck over or fire it over the glass LOL

That team is just terrible for the talent they have
Can't wait to go 3-0 in these games to kick them to the curb.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Lost the CORSI battle.

upload_2021-4-22_20-43-21.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There are some people on this board who called him trash as well and they are very quiet too...probably waiting for his first loss to bring it up.

If Francouz is done and Dubnyk keeps this up, I wouldn't mind bringing him back (assuming he'll take a $1 mil x 1-2 yr contract). Seems like a great locker personality. Hell, even if Frank does get healthy it might make sense to trade him and gain a bit of cap space.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I don't know that I've ever seen a team full of players who just lay on the ice just excepting a call than the Blues. Lost track towards the end of the game. Might win some more if you get up and get back to the play instead of just laying there thinking it helps your case with the refs.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
-Avs are 22 points ahead of them
-have beat them 5 games in a row, 4 with a 3rd string goalie
-have a 5-1-0 record against them this season, including an 8-0 beat down
-If the Blues manage to sneak into the playoffs, they will probably get the Avs.

What is to like.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Saad deserves alot of credit this year he has been such a great addition he’s way way way more consistent than Kadri. If this wasn’t of Jost emergence, Saad and Bura’s production Kadri would eat so much **** right now. Good job Sakic managing to get Saad for Zadorov !! Miss the guy but not much in the lineup.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Also worth looking at IMO... I think the Avs have a number of different combinations now that are finding chemistry together, which come playoff time could be very important in games where we're struggling to generate a lot which will inevitably happen.

9296 line we know works.

Nuke - Kadri - Burakovsky is a tried and true line.

We're seeing success from Landy/Mack/Rantanen now lately. And IMO I think we are really starting to see some great chemistry from Jost and Saad.

When we get Rantanen and Donskoi back I would really like to see the Avs try these lines for a few games to see how it works:

Landy - Mack - Bura
Saad - Jost - Rantanen
Nuke - Kadri - Soda

Being able to separate Mack and Mikko would go a long way in making it even harder for teams to defend us and strategize defending us.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I don't know that I've ever seen a team full of players who just lay on the ice just excepting a call than the Blues. Lost track towards the end of the game. Might win some more if you get up and get back to the play instead of just laying there thinking it helps your case with the refs.
Nashville and SJ did that a ton. Dallas did it in the playoffs.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Saad deserves alot of credit this year he has been such a great addition he way way way more consistent than Kadri. If this wasn’t of Jost emergence, Saad and Bura’s production Kadri would eat so much **** right now. Good job Sakic managing to get Saad for Zadorov !! Miss the guy but not much in the lineup.
You can tell that getting Saad away from Kadri helped him quite a bit. Playing with a center that never passes the puck must be quite hard.

Helped Bura too BTW.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
St Louis still has ColoradoX2, VegasX2 and Minnesota X5. Arizona has a papersoft schedule other than 2 against Vegas.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
St Louis still has ColoradoX2, VegasX2 and Minnesota X5. Arizona has a papersoft schedule other than 2 against Vegas.
Can't count on them. 7 losses in their last 8 games. They aren't interested in making the playoffs.

Reactions: McMetal

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

The St Louis Cardinals fanbase likes to convey this idea that they're super classy. Its a lie. But its how they like to see themselves.

And so its a little strange to see how they act with the Blues. Its probably a more honest representation of themselves.

What I find extremely amusing is when they try to rein in our joy. They can go to hell. No one cares about three years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad