Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0 | Part 2

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
482947639.jpg

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Benoit's expression is pretty funny.

That's how Benoit looks in every scrum. Easily one of the most punchable faces. He just stands there grinning and chewing his mouth guard.

I said it the other day when we first learned Bordeleau was moving up to the third line, that hopefully he can make an impact and has in the past with a little more ice time. He has been great these last two games (for a guy of his skill level). It's unfortunate Shattenkirk's stick got caught between the two of them, but Bordy completely stole the spot light. He is no doubt a great hitter, and him getting this much more ice time just raises the potential for another huge hit. He can actually be a valuable agitator, and the best part is, there is only a handful of guys who can stand up to him. I have no problem with him getting 11 minutes a night if this is how he is going to play.

He also dangled Leopold which led to a powerplay.:laugh:

I also hope the Avs didn't wake a sleeping giant. This would be the perfect game for the Blues to rally around and say enough is enough, let's get it going. They haven't been as dominant recently, and I really hope the Avs didn't just refocus them.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=82864165&postcount=25

2 things that still astound me from this post:

1) That people are still clinging to the "The Avs are going to fall back to earth"

2) "Still got a long way to go to challenge for Top 3 in the Central..." Umm...we're already 2nd in the Division and I think we're positioned to keep up our strong play with our strong Core of players.

Some people just can't handle the fact that the Avs have done a good job on their rebuild.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Too much to read here so it may have been discussed already but did anyone else think this was one of the best games Paul Stastny ever played?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=82864165&postcount=25

2 things that still astound me from this post:

1) That people are still clinging to the "The Avs are going to fall back to earth"

2) "Still got a long way to go to challenge for Top 3 in the Central..." Umm...we're already 2nd in the Division and I think we're positioned to keep up our strong play with our strong Core of players.

Some people just can't handle the fact that the Avs have done a good job on their rebuild.
I don't really think you should be bothered by people who obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Too much to read here so it may have been discussed already but did anyone else think this was one of the best games Paul Stastny ever played?

Yes.

He was a beast all game. Something about the way he carried himself during the game as well. Seemed almost as if he was saying a big **** you to the Blues all game. Not sure if he was doing it on purpose or not. Felt like he was making his point to the Blues that he wasn't and never will play for them.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
What a game. Dominated these clowns in every facet of the game in their own barn missing an entire second line in Duchene, Parenteau, and Tanguay. I didn't look at the box score but I'm assuming even Corsi agrees we may have even 'earned' this one.

What an embarrassing display by the Blues, too. Too easy for Don Cherry to rip them. I had no idea Backes was so mentally weak. Hitchcock's post game comments were comical, pretending to take the high road. Great to see the Avs are plenty capable of beating this team as well. I can't imagine Backes being any sort of a factor if we eventually see them in a playoff round with 29 in his head. What a move by MacK getting through the team Canada pairing as well.

:handclap:

Ham Fist

Feb 6, 2014
Boulder
I'm just watching the 2nd period again. Game turned on the TMM penalty kill, right after that Mack made it 2-0. Blues had a golden opportunity to tie it up there and they just never seemed focused or engaged on the PP, much less the rest of the game to that point.

They've definitely taken their foot off the gas which is perhaps understandable but it's dangerous to back into the playoffs.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Yes.

He was a beast all game. Something about the way he carried himself during the game as well. Seemed almost as if he was saying a big **** you to the Blues all game. Not sure if he was doing it on purpose or not. Felt like he was making his point to the Blues that he wasn't and never will play for them.

I don't know about that but I loved when he slammed the glass after he scored the goal and got in some Blues fans faces.

Charlatan

Mar 4, 2014
Scotland
Just caught up on the game, such a team effort for the boys. We are a few off season pieces away from something special.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
It looks like I missed a must-see game while getting shot down by girls in Warsaw.

Not my finest decision I must say in hindsight.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
The bordy dangles were the single most incredible part of that game. Did anyone make a gif of it? I'd love to see that again.

If a gif doesn't show up, I can make one when gamecenter puts the game online. I think it'll be up tomorrow.

Huis Clos*

It looks like I missed a must-see game while getting shot down by girls in Warsaw.

Not my finest decision I must say in hindsight.

Are the girls in Warsaw as attractive as I imagine?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
What a game. Dominated these clowns in every facet of the game in their own barn missing an entire second line in Duchene, Parenteau, and Tanguay. I didn't look at the box score but I'm assuming even Corsi agrees we may have even 'earned' this one.

What an embarrassing display by the Blues, too. Too easy for Don Cherry to rip them. I had no idea Backes was so mentally weak. Hitchcock's post game comments were comical, pretending to take the high road. Great to see the Avs are plenty capable of beating this team as well. I can't imagine Backes being any sort of a factor if we eventually see them in a playoff round with 29 in his head. What a move by MacK getting through the team Canada pairing as well.

:handclap:

You know, I totally get Backes wanting to respond. Captain of the team, a smaller skilled guy just got hurt by the other team's tough guy, etc. But Backes simply did it wrong.

I think a completely reasonable response by Backes would have been to either check MacKinnon hard as crap into the boards (as Bordeleau did to Shattenkirk), or to drop the gloves with one of Colorado's skill players - but one who is more Backes' age and size. Perhaps EJ or Landeskog (captain-captain). Those would have been reasonable, even honorable responses. But he messed up, and dropped his gloves against a player who is 40 pounds lighter and has zero chance against him. That's just *****.

Another reasonable response by StL, would have been to simply put Reaves out there on Bordeleau's next shift, and taken care of it that way. Pretty simple, IMO. I mean, is there another reason why Reaves is on that roster?

I don't dislike Backes as a player, but he did the wrong thing here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad