Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0 | Part 2

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've seen Landeskog dive 2-3 times this year and it concerns me. There's no place for that kind of thing in the league.
I don't recall Landeskog diving in the past, and this one wa questionable given his head was down and all his momentum was that way, making it easier to fall.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Sure there is, it's clearly what the league wants, that's why they punish teams for not embellishing.

This and if the league didnt want it then Captain Crybaby Crosby wouldn't get away with everything under the sun including his diving

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Avs playoff path could be truly epic. Hawks>Blues>LA/SJ/Ducks? Reasons to hate everyone of those teams. Too bad they probably won't make it out of round 1.

What reason do we have to hate Hawks/LA or Ducks?

lol fat Hitchcock always wanting revenge

lol fat Hitchcock always wanting ice cream

FTFY

I have to say those fans on the main board are hilarious. Amazing a team like the blues who don't have many fans on here, have some of the stupidest ones. You guys can hate the habs/leaf fans all you want but the few blues fans on here are right up there.:laugh::laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The league won't do anything... The transgressions will only happen against the Avs after all.

I freaking LOVE how the Avs pissed them off this much. If there is a 2nd round matchup, it will be an epic series! The Blues are way to easy to get off their game, and the Avs have the personnel that can get under their skin (Roy might be under Hitchcocks skin the most) Feels nice to start getting a rivalry again.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah they need to crack down it but I don't want to see that crap from our players

Eh. I used to be that way but when in 2010 I saw germany lose to Spain because Mesut didn't go down in their box, I said **** it. If sports have become so bad at ref'ing themselves that the only way not to get screwed is to playact, then it's dumb to do the noble thing and never dive. I'm glad we're not bad when it comes to simulation, especially compared to some teams, but i'm glad our players don't just go "aw schucks" about it either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What reason do we have to hate Hawks/LA or Ducks?

FTFY

I have to say those fans on the main board are hilarious. Amazing a team like the blues who don't have many fans on here, have some of the stupidest ones. You guys can hate the habs/leaf fans all you want but the few blues fans on here are right up there.:laugh::laugh:

They actually have some good fans, but yeah they've had some spectacular awful fans on the main boards to.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Chicago all the way, **** the blues.

As a Hawks fan tomorrow at the Can I'll be wearing a Penguins tshirt and a Hawks hat. And your game today against the Blues would've kept us within a point of you I was hoping the Avs would crush the Blues and that they did.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I don't recall Landeskog diving in the past, and this one wa questionable given his head was down and all his momentum was that way, making it easier to fall.

I can't remember which games but there were two games where he drew penalties with embellishments/dives. I remember thinking it wasn't just me because there were several posts like "lol did Landeskog just dive".

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Hitchcock reminds me of Fat ******* after the dramatic weight loss. No where for the lose skin to go.

Hated Hitch when he was in Dallas. Hate him more now.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Oh, I know but the ones exploding on the main board are too amazing for words.

I have more Blues fans on ignore than any other fanbase thanks to all the EJ threads. So they mostly seem pretty good to me, minus the one or two clowns that I missed that pop up with each game.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
The league won't do anything... The transgressions will only happen against the Avs after all.

I freaking LOVE how the Avs pissed them off this much. If there is a 2nd round matchup, it will be an epic series! The Blues are way to easy to get off their game, and the Avs have the personnel that can get under their skin (Roy might be under Hitchcocks skin the most) Feels nice to start getting a rivalry again.

Also nice because they seemed to keep themselves under control! They were laughing on the bench and the Blues were all pissy :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Watching the 3rd period now... I'll say I kind like Bordy on the 3rd line. Yeah he sucks, but my oh my can he hit and someday he is going to really surprise somebody with his hands. I don't want him on their full time, but against big and physical teams I kind of like him there.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Watching the 3rd period now... I'll say I kind like Bordy on the 3rd line. Yeah he sucks, but my oh my can he hit and someday he is going to really surprise somebody with his hands. I don't want him on their full time, but against big and physical teams I kind of like him there.

he drew a penalty with a deke in this game :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The bordy dangles were the single most incredible part of that game. Did anyone make a gif of it? I'd love to see that again.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I will say in person it did not look like Landeskog embellished at all.

Me, and the fans (blues and Avs) around me were baffled by the call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad