Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0 | Part 2

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
3 guys checking Bordeleau at the end was hilarious.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I find Holden's goal so amusing. First the fact that he was down below the dots for pretty much the entire extended shift, and then the fact that he fanned on the puck point black.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Based on our past playoff history with Hitchcock coached teams. And with what went down today. I'm a bit worried if we make it past round 1 and play STL. I don't want to see anyone get Matvichuked.

For those that don't know or remember in 1999 against Dallas, Matvichuk took out both Hejduk and Forsberg (in the same shift if I'm not mistaken) for the series and I'm pretty sure it was him or Hatcher that injured Forsberg in 2000.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Great great game by Avalanche, without Duchene/Tanguay/PAP/McLeod, probably the best game of the season. I think Avalanche just outplayed St.Louis big time and that's why they got so angry. Great job!

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
The bordangles gif would be appropriate for the main board thread now if someone could make it

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Based on our past playoff history with Hitchcock coached teams. And with what went down today. I'm a bit worried if we make it past round 1 and play STL. I don't want to see anyone get Matvichuked.

For those that don't know or remember in 1999 against Dallas, Matvichuk took out both Hejduk and Forsberg (in the same shift if I'm not mistaken) for the series and I'm pretty sure it was him or Hatcher that injured Forsberg in 2000.

It annoys me that Hitchcock gets so much respect from talking heads around the league. He's always struck me as a disgusting little ****. Hate listening to him talk.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
How did Wilson look? I see Malone and Carey got a bit more time today too.

Wilson looked as good as he could really, playing 4th line wing. Played a couple of shifts on D I believe too and didn't make any glaring mistakes. Hard to say really given the limited role. It's too bad he couldn't step up and grab a spot this year; always liked the guy but man he was bad when he played earlier this season.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
That must have been the sweetest game to be at, no?

So has Bordy been given the lifetime ban that Hitchcock is expecting yet?

It was an awesome game, definitely got our moneys worth.

It was even better considering there were a ton of Avs fans around us. Every time Varly went on a tear, we started Varly chants :laughs:

And I didnt really notice Wilson too much, he wasnt terrible but he wasn't good. Then again, that was his first game in how long?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It was an awesome game, definitely got our moneys worth.

It was even better considering there were a ton of Avs fans around us. Every time Varly went on a tear, we started Varly chants :laughs:

And I didnt really notice Wilson too much, he wasnt terrible but he wasn't good. Then again, that was his first game in how long?

That's great, love hearing when Avs fans travel. We always get crap for getting invaded but nobody comments on when Avs fans are in other buildings.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
That's great, love hearing when Avs fans travel. We always get crap for getting invaded but nobody comments on when Avs fans are in other buildings.

Yeah, I was actually surprised by the number of Avs fans I saw just before the game walking around.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
The bordy dangles were the single most incredible part of that game. Did anyone make a gif of it? I'd love to see that again.

Someone should make a GIF of Mac splitting Zanon and O'Brien, er Piertangelo and Bouwmeester. It wasn't like he got a pass while behind them, he straight up used his speed and they couldn't do a damn thing about it.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
MacKinnon used his speed at center today, which is why I prefer him there. He's able to go all over the ice. His smart pull up, hold onto the puck, and dump it in the corner, allowing the rest of his linemates to change is what led to the zone domination and subsequent 3rd goal by the Avs.

Keep him at center until Duchene is back.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
Wilson looked as good as he could really, playing 4th line wing. Played a couple of shifts on D I believe too and didn't make any glaring mistakes. Hard to say really given the limited role. It's too bad he couldn't step up and grab a spot this year; always liked the guy but man he was bad when he played earlier this season.

Agreed. Wilson's physical play (with relatively competent D) was one of the few things I looked forward to during Sacco era games. It really is a damn shame he's regressed so badly.

3 guys checking Bordeleau at the end was hilarious.

And Bordeleau just shrugged them all off like they were some weak ass mosquitos.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Was working around the house today, so didn't get to see the game until this evening. I did see that theScore app notified me of something, but I swiped it away before reading. It is usually related to an injury, so I was freaking out when Barrie was out for a bit, and when MacKinnon went to the lockerroom. Anyone happen to see what it said? :laugh:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We basically need to go 5-0 to have a shot at the division. Which would be like an 11 games win streak. But there's a chance #whynotus

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I liked Wilson as much as anyone but he was awful today. His skating seems to be getting worse. I don't know if it is conditioning, or his skating has always been this bad. But it was glaring today. Looked like an ECHL or AHL player out there.

And yes, I understand he was playing out of position.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I hate to cheer for the Blues but I'm going for them tomorrow. Avs aren't getting 1st in the Central anyways. If Chicago loses and Avs win against PIT, that puts Avs 5 pts ahead with a game in hand, that pretty much secures 2nd in Central (Avs would have to go 0-4 and Hawks would have to go 3-0 to get back in 2nd, very very unlikely).

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I never did actually see another replay of the bords hit, does anyone have a clip? I have to say tho Shatty's reaction was hilarious considering what the blues said about Mack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I am as passionate as the next guy, but I have never been a fan of someone insulting someone else as a person over the Internet (or anywhere for that matter.)

Sure I eat, sleep, and breath hockey, but at the end of the day it is a sport. There is no need for personal attacks because of something your favorite sports teams did to each other.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hitch wants to have retaliation by sending out a goon against our star defenseman because Bordy laid a clean hit on shatty? Guess he's not going after Johnson and would go after Barrie since they like to pick on guys smaller than them. Roy should just beat the **** out of turkey neck before the next game that they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad