Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0 | Part 2

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Geeeod. Hitch says that the league will deal with bordeleau and that next time we play, theyll deal with him either by: a) fighting bordy or b) attacking one of our d

That second point (b) was harsh. Saying it like its just part of the game... but attacking a random player on the opposing team is not part of the game.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
electricjib said:
Thought I read a suspension is coming for Reaves? What happened there?

I think that was just Hitch saying that if he put Reaves out there than he would have done something that would cause him to get suspended

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Geeeod. Hitch says that the league will deal with bordeleau and that next time we play, theyll deal with him either by: a) fighting bordy or b) attacking one of our d

That second point (b) was harsh. Saying it like its just part of the game... but attacking a random player on the opposing team is not part of the game.

Did he really say the second part? That is awful. You don't just randomly cheap shot a random player.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
They edited out Dater's question, but yeah, he looks like a goon in the parts they have up. Reading between the lines, it seemed like he was saying if Bordeleau doesn't get suspended they're gonna take runs at our defensemen.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
They edited out Dater's question, but yeah, he looks like a goon in the parts they have up. Reading between the lines, it seemed like he was saying if Bordeleau doesn't get suspended they're gonna take runs at our defensemen.

But ROY is the one that is bush league and "always has something to say"

Wow.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Link?

A lot of their forwards are tough and hard on the forecheck as it is, they always finish their checks. Unless he's talking about cheap and suspendable hits on our D, I'm not sure how much different it would be.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Did he really say the second part? That is awful. You don't just randomly cheap shot a random player.

Listen to the blues interview if you'd like... I'll use word for word:

Says''Down the line, we'll deal with boredeleau'' continues saying '' He'll have to fight somebody... or if we feel he went after shatty they'll be a response from us on their defensemen. Just part of the culture.''

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005

Hitchcock is a bulbous windbag. He had every opportunity to do something about it today and didn't.....unless you count sending the likes of Ott and yappy Lappy after him. He had last change, he could have put his so called tough guy on the ice and didn't. I guess Reaves only feels like fighting if he can go with someone like McCleod.

Kelly, Pang and Ferderko's homering it up during the skirmish was pretty laughable too. I guess they had to feel like the Blues won at something today.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Listen to the blues interview if you'd like... I'll use word for for:

Says''Down the line, we'll deal with boredeleau'' continues saying '' He'll have to fight somebody... or if we feel he went after shatty they'll be a response from us on their defensemen. Just part of the culture.''

That damn well better earn him a fine and/or phone call from Shanahan.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Late to the party, but wow. Great game by the avalanche. I said it a couple weeks ago, Varly is dialed in right now. Very efficient movements in the net and too be honest the defence is playing a lot better in front of him. He doesn't have to bail them out as often. This is the avs 3rd 6 game winning streak of the season and 50 wins overall. What a season.

And I'm glad Roy called the Blues out. But people shouldn't be surprised that the Blues are whiny. Teams take after their coach. Hitchcock is one of the whiniest coaches in the league. Nothing new. Tortorella rightfully called him out on in years ago.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands

Sorry, is it just me, or does this remind of the Bertuzzi situation? Before hand?

Luckily Bordy can fight just about anyone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"I probably should have put Reaves out there and made for an even bigger explosion. Looking back that's probably one thing I could have done"

Hitchcock is a clown.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
LOL. Through the entire game the only time players would confront Bordeleau was when his back was turned to them.

No one on the blues wanted any part of Bordeleau face to face one on one.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
"I probably should have put Reaves out there and made for an even bigger explosion. Looking back that's probably one thing I could have done"

Hitchcock is a clown.

Sounds like the guy who goes home from the bar and starts puffing his chest out about what he could have done well after the fact.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Avs are going to need games like that come playoff time. Defense was aggressive at the blueline and didn't let them just walk into the zone, especially on the PK.

Best game Guenin has played in a while.

On another note, people need to calm down with the main board threads. Way too many Avs ones there.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
images

"I guess I could have put Reeves out there."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad