Post-Game Talk: Avs Beat Bruins 2-0, Improve to 4-0

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Only people making a thing of it are Boston reporters and a few of their fans. If Lucic is such a tough guy why doesnt he fight someone his own size like Bordeleau. Going after PAP and then Landy proves nothing

I've seen it in plenty of areas in the media, blogs and boards. Most are saying Landy did the smart thing and that Lucic was being dumb. A rare few say Landy is a coward/soft/other non PC language. It is the most talked about part of the game (it really should be JSG though).

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I'm so happy for Giguere.

McNab summed up the Lando/Lucic situation nicely, it really was a no-win situation for Landy. If he doesn't fight he gets criticised, if he does fight he probably gets beaten up. He did the right thing by not fighting.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
What a good game last night. You guys are loaded with some young talent, and fast as heck. I've been a "fan" since the Bourque trade, and have been fortunate enough to travel to our central office in Denver several times for trainings/meetings and really enjoyed the area.

Dont mind the complaining on our boards, we just hate to lose in Boston! :laugh:

I actually thought both teams played a heck of a game, but Giguere was absolutely stellar and you guys scored when it counted.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What a good game last night. You guys are loaded with some young talent, and fast as heck. I've been a "fan" since the Bourque trade, and have been fortunate enough to travel to our central office in Denver several times for trainings/meetings and really enjoyed the area.

Dont mind the complaining on our boards, we just hate to lose in Boston! :laugh:

I actually thought both teams played a heck of a game, but Giguere was absolutely stellar and you guys scored when it counted.

It took a great/lucky deflection to beat Rask. I'm glad Avs only have to play him twice a year.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I think that I have mentioned before that Lucic is my favorite player, and I didn't have a problem with what he did. I think Landeskog made the right move in turning him down, but my general assessment of the situation is no harm, no foul.
So, do you think he does 'roids? Because his emotional state doesn't seem the most balanced.

fallsviewafro*

Flames fan coming in peace. Just caught the highlights; looked like vintage Jiggy last night. Good job!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It boggles my mind some of the stuff written about the Landy/Lucic incident, especially that article out of Boston posted earlier. Talking about how he took a cheap shot at Lucic. That's completely ridiculous. Lucic was trying to be a bully like always and went after PAP. Landy put his arms around him to stop him. Didn't yank him back, didn't face wash him, didn't do much of anything. Lucic then turned his bully tactics toward Landeskog, and started shoving him in the face with full force.

Why a 20 year old with one fight and a bad concussion last year should fight Lucic is beyond me. Even if Boston media types don't know about his concussion, they have no reason to assume Landy is a big fighter, since he's only had one and they wouldn't have anything to give them that inclination. Even taking that out of the equation, they should know he's only 20, and he's not a heavyweight. Lucic IS a heavyweight, and he is an elite fighter among heavyweights.

It's downright pathetic and sour grapes for losing in part for being bullies that the Boston media and Lucic seem to want to paint Landeskog as a wimp for not fighting one of the most feared fighters in the league. I love fighting in the game, but in a certain circumstance like this they should just shut up, and worry about the fact they lost the game, and figure out how they should have won. Not whine about how a smaller, recently concussed 20 year old didn't fight King Kong for no reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad