Post-Game Talk: Avs Beat Bruins 2-0, Improve to 4-0

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
I find it hilarious that after losses teams/fans/media always find something to moan about rather than front up. Like how after the Ducks game all the talk was about Roy and not how we beat a playoff team 6-1, then after the Preds game it was about Downie rather than how we fronted up and played solid against a well coached team. Then last night it was the Landeskog incident rather than the fact we shut out the cup finalists at their place. This article is actually ridiculous,

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/10/avs_deny_milan_lucic_satisfaction

It talks more about Lucic and Landy than it does about our win.

I know its not wholly representative but its annoying and the only game there hasn't been something ridiculous is the Leafs.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I find it hilarious that after losses teams/fans/media always find something to moan about rather than front up. Like how after the Ducks game all the talk was about Roy and not how we beat a playoff team 6-1, then after the Preds game it was about Downie rather than how we fronted up and played solid against a well coached team. Then last night it was the Landeskog incident rather than the fact we shut out the cup finalists at their place. This article is actually ridiculous,

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/10/avs_deny_milan_lucic_satisfaction

I know its not wholly representative but its annoying and the only game there hasn't been something ridiculous is the Leafs.

wait...when did Landeskog cheap-shot Lucic?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

He compared Landeskog to a Sedin? :laugh:

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
There was a cheapshot? I don't remember anything of the sort.

Next time you talk about how biased the refs are being Lucic, try not lashing out at every opposing player after a whistle while they just stand there. There's no reason for the Avs to fight. Like you said, "[You] were fired up," no one else was. Keep it in your pants.

Agreed that there was no cheap shot. However it did really look bad for him to back down like that. I understand he was probably worried about his concussion issues of the past and the fact that Lucic is nasty, however you dont put yourself in that kind of position if you are not ready to finish it. I may be wrong, but isnt that the second time he has done something like that?

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Agreed that there was no cheap shot. However it did really look bad for him to back down like that. I understand he was probably worried about his concussion issues of the past and the fact that Lucic is nasty, however you dont put yourself in that kind of position if you are not ready to finish it. I may be wrong, but isnt that the second time he has done something like that?

What kind of position? He ended up with a tantruming Lucic at the front of the net after the whistle. There's no obligation to fight there, just stay, stand your ground and make sure nothing happens to your goalie or teammates. There was no reason for Landy to fight, we had the lead and Lady isn't a fighter. Lucic is, and I don't want our captain exchanging blows with a hothead who needed a tampon.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Lose respect? To who Lucic? Who gives a ****. If anything Lucic is losing respect for looking like a little ***** for whining about the referees after he tried to go after Parenteau then losing his cool against Landeskog.

He put himself in the box for 10. I'll give respect to someone with self control and patience before one who has to prove he has balls.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Didn't get to watch any of the game, but Lucic went toe to toe with Colton Orr. Why the **** would Landeskog fight him?

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Lose respect? To who Lucic? Who gives a ****. If anything Lucic is losing respect for looking like a little ***** for whining about the referees after he tried to go after Parenteau then losing his cool against Landeskog.

He put himself in the box for 10. I'll give respect to someone with self control and patience before one who has to prove he has balls.

HFBoards is a lot like politics. Everyone has a side and will only dig in if challenged. :)

I respectfully disagree and will move on ... now for my political views ;)

Mant*

“Just a grab from behind in the face and an altercation,†he said. “I bet you if I had pushed (6-foot-6 Avs tough guy Patrick) Bordeleau at the end of it, I don’t get 10 minutes.

So... what Lucic is describing here is EXACTLY what he did to Parenteau after Krejci went after him. Landeskog just pulled him back from being the third man in.

What a ****ing monkey.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis

I don't exactly get what Landeskog did that was worthy of Lucic's wrath. He pulled him away from PA Parenteau IIRC. It was an entirely unremarkable scrum in front of the net until Lucic got really angry. But prior to that, I didn't see anything happen that doesn't happen during the average post-whistle scrum.

Mant*

Hoping the pic is not in reference to Lucic's spine issues.

CLEARLY I am reading too much into it as I know we, as Avs fans, are better than that.

Nice of you to go over to the Bruins board and apologize for all these supposed references to Lucic's spinal issues that Avalanche fans made that never actually happened. Way to make our fanbase look bad by inventing some drama that never took place.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

There was a situation with Parenteau and another Bruins player and Lucic was the third man in and Landeskog tied him up. It's a perfectly normal situation and the Neanderthal went nuclear.

Of course Landeskog isn't going to drop gloves there. It would be ridiculous if he had. While I'm sure it's not comfortable having that moron swing at you, I don't think Landeskog was shaken up. He just made it clear he wasn't going to drop the gloves and Lucic was all bark and for some bizarre reason 2 punches at separate times give you 2 minutes for roughing and 0 punches also gives you two minutes for roughing.

Bruins tried to bully Avs all night long and I didn't see a single player being intimidated.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008

CLEARLY I am reading too much into it as I know we, as Avs fans, are better than that.

I'm pretty sure it's referencing his actions on the ice, but I guess you can get offended if you want to.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Nice of you to go over to the Bruins board and apologize for all these supposed references to Lucic's spinal issues that Avalanche fans made that never actually happened. Way to make our fanbase look bad by inventing some drama that never took place.

Like he said, he's clearly a politician. Two-faced usually? Seems so here! Calls us to classy for that then goes over there and blames us for something many of us likely had no idea about. :laugh:

But hey! HFBOARDS is like politics.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

Honestly had no idea about his spine issues. I was referring to the overwhelming consensus that Lucic's actions were very primitive:

Nihiliste said:
sometimes his mind numbing stupidity shines through and he can't help but act like monkey
Callagraves said:
acting like a neanderthal
Colorado Avalanche said:
Exactly and now Lucic is out for 10 min. That's good. Gorilla out.
GeoffL19 said:
Well, on the plus side, the ogre has to sit for 12 minutes
Zingbo2133 said:
Good on Landy not to fight that ape
Colorado Avalanche said:
****gorilla lucic
dani bushido said:
Lucic is an ogre
Avalanche said:
lucic is a god damn gorilla

Mant*

I'm pretty sure it's referencing his actions on the ice, but I guess you can get offended if you want to.

Not only is he going to get offended, he's gonna go to the Bruins board and tell on us (over his idiotic interpretation) and then apologize for it on our behalf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad