Post-Game Talk: Avs Beat Bruins 2-0, Improve to 4-0

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not only is he going to get offended, he's gonna go to the Bruins board and tell on us (over his idiotic interpretation) and then apologize for it on our behalf.

Kinda makes me wanna start making fun of Lucic's spinal problems that I now know about. Which is impressive cause as someone with back problems myself that's usually a guaranteed way to make me supersize with you.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I love how after every game the other team hates us for some reason.

Anaheim: Roy and the beatdown we gave them
NSH: Downie
Tor: nothing specific
Boston: Landeskog/Lucic

I for one am glad about this, it makes for interesting games, as long as we don't start pulling cheap shot anticsI'm all for having every team in the NHL hate us.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not like he's handicapped. He's a professional hockey player with a funny looking, functional spine. Making fun of it is barely worse than making fun of that nose of his.

Not that I think you should do either. Better to focus on his actions. There's enough there.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Fair enough. :)

Then why did you post this on the Bruins board?

Also want to apologize for those Avs fans and their comments/inferences to Lucic spinal issues. Low rent in my book to do that. Cheers and best of luck the rest of the way.

HFBoards is a lot like politics. Everyone has a side and will only dig in if challenged.

I respectfully disagree and will move on ... now for my political views

I guess this place is alot like politics. Some of us say one thing, and do another. :laugh:

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
All wins are good wins, a shutout makes it a great win. Doesn't matter if they were outplayed. A team can be outplayed all day and night but if they take home the 2 points, who cares? Regroup and move on.

is this a shared view, that we where outplayed?
Im not saying we dominated the B's, but I think we played gritty and certainly do not agree we where " outplayed"
I was concerned with the non calls in the first period though.... why does cross checking guys when you are d man get a pass, when touching a guy with a stick, a light tap gets a hooking? Im not saying either is right, just call the game consistantly.. WT*
LOVING seeing the intensity.....
In regard to the mash up, I do not get why they did matching penalties... plus a ten minute misconduct. Im biased but really? It looked alot like a major for Lucik, and maybe matching minors for two guys to calm down the teams..
Lando showed poise and courage by not fighting that handsome guy....

Favorite non goal moments for me was Downie knocking around with their giant! Zdeno Chara, OMG he is a beast, each of them actually.. Im loving seeing Downie and his pint sized body and Captain America enthusiasm!

Last edited:

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Then why did you post this on the Bruins board?

I guess this place is alot like politics. Some of us say one thing, and do another. :laugh:

Yep. I posted that at the same time period as my post here. It was based off of a variety of things I saw on their boards and ours. If I am wrong, then I apologize. The danger of anything like message boards or emails is truly understanding tone and context.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Lebrun, in his ESPN chat, says the Avs will make the playoffs.

He also had some Boston fan asking if Landeskog is a coward. Lebrun said it was the best decision of his life.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Lebrun, in his ESPN chat, says the Avs will make the playoffs.

He also had some Boston fan asking if Landeskog is a coward. Lebrun said it was the best decision of his life.

That seems to be what most are saying outside of the few select Boston fans. It's like the other games. Trying to shift focus from the fact they lost to a team that many predicted to be a lottery team.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Hey!

Actually wouldn't mind being compared to a Sedin :laugh:

Find yourself an alien twin, and you're well on the way.

What kind of position? He ended up with a tantruming Lucic at the front of the net after the whistle. There's no obligation to fight there, just stay, stand your ground and make sure nothing happens to your goalie or teammates. There was no reason for Landy to fight, we had the lead and Lady isn't a fighter. Lucic is, and I don't want our captain exchanging blows with a hothead who needed a tampon.

Great. Now he'll be called Ladyskog whenever he refuses to fight a gorilla.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
is this a shared view, that we where outplayed?
Im not saying we dominated the B's, but I think we played gritty and certainly do not agree we where " outplayed"
I was concerned with the non calls in the first period though.... why does cross checking guys when you are d man get a pass, when touching a guy with a stick, a light tap gets a hooking? Im not saying either is right, just call the game consistantly.. WT*
LOVING seeing the intensity.....
In regard to the mash up, I do not get why they did matching penalties... plus a ten minute misconduct. Im biased but really? It looked alot like a major for Lucik, and maybe matching minors for two guys to calm down the teams..
Lando showed poise and courage by not fighting that handsome guy....

Favorite non goal moments for me was Downie knocking around with their giant! Zdeno Chara, OMG he is a beast, each of them actually.. Im loving seeing Downie and his pint sized body and Captain America enthusiasm!

It's because the Bruins are professional divers

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I find it hilarious that after losses teams/fans/media always find something to moan about rather than front up. Like how after the Ducks game all the talk was about Roy and not how we beat a playoff team 6-1, then after the Preds game it was about Downie rather than how we fronted up and played solid against a well coached team. Then last night it was the Landeskog incident rather than the fact we shut out the cup finalists at their place. This article is actually ridiculous,

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/10/avs_deny_milan_lucic_satisfaction

It talks more about Lucic and Landy than it does about our win.

I know its not wholly representative but its annoying and the only game there hasn't been something ridiculous is the Leafs.

The Boston media is a complete joke

member 116861

bagAvd.gif

:laugh:

Dec 2, 2010
Just my thoughts: glad you guys are getting back on track. Old Avs were some of my favourite of the time and I've always had a soft spot for them.

Also beating the broons. Good stuff.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm sure Roy could smooth over any hard feelings by sending Lucic a candygram.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think that I have mentioned before that Lucic is my favorite player, and I didn't have a problem with what he did. I think Landeskog made the right move in turning him down, but my general assessment of the situation is no harm, no foul.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't get the flack about the whole Landy/Lucic situation. Landy was smart in a 1 goal game not to be baited into anything that could: 1. give the Bruins a lift 2. take one of our top defensive forwards out of the game and 3. give the Bruins a 2 minute PP for fighting with a visor. Now Lucic was just doing what he does best... only this time it cost him and his team because of the 10 minute misconduct. You have to take the good with the bad with him, just like we do with Downie.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't get the flack about the whole Landy/Lucic situation. Landy was smart in a 1 goal game not to be baited into anything that could: 1. give the Bruins a lift 2. take one of our top defensive forwards out of the game and 3. give the Bruins a 2 minute PP for fighting with a visor. Now Lucic was just doing what he does best... only this time it cost him and his team because of the 10 minute misconduct. You have to take the good with the bad with him, just like we do with Downie.

Only people making a thing of it are Boston reporters and a few of their fans. If Lucic is such a tough guy why doesnt he fight someone his own size like Bordeleau. Going after PAP and then Landy proves nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad