Post-Game Talk: Avs Beat Bruins 2-0, Improve to 4-0

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Anyone else think Roy is becoming the Avs captain and not Lando? Is Lando losing his role in a way?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I liked Benoit this game too. Solid defensively and his ability to handle the puck and pass isn't earth shattering but good enough for him to be an asset.

member 116861

Anyone else think Roy is becoming the Avs captain and not Lando? Is Lando losing his role in a way?

I think they should strip his captaincy because he didn't fight Lucic.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
EJ looks real good out there, just not really sure about how they're using him on the PP. Seems like a waste.

He looks to be getting more and more confident each game. If he gets his head completely on straight and plays like this consistently, then the Avs actually got a damn good defenceman on the team.

I also think Hejda has been pretty good so far this season. He is just a work horse. Without his size and strength matching up against the bigger players around the league, I think the Avs would be getting walked over. Him and Johnson are twin towers though.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Someone posted this online and thought it was pretty good:

Roy: Knock knock
NHL: Who's there?
Roy: Foreign
NHL: Foreign who?
Roy: 4 and 0 baby!

I don't care if it's only 4 games, this team has me so pumped.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

No, not at all. Landeskog is our Captain, end of story. If Roy wanted a different Captain he wouldn't have kept it with Lando.

Not sure why this seems to be a seemingly recurring issue.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
All wins are good wins, a shutout makes it a great win. Doesn't matter if they were outplayed. A team can be outplayed all day and night but if they take home the 2 points, who cares? Regroup and move on.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Roy can't be the captain...

He was a leader as a player and it continues as a coach. But Landy is the captain of this team.

member 116861

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2h
Patrick Roy 4-0-0 to start his NHL coaching career. Those kids look like they want to go through a wall for him.

I love that tweet and I totally agree with him that our roster looks like they would go through a wall for Roy.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers fan here. The avs have always been my 2nd favourite team since back when Burnaby Joe and the boys were winning cups. Im really salvaging this 4-0 start. My only source of happiness. Congrats guys, I really want this team to make a playoff run.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2h
Patrick Roy 4-0-0 to start his NHL coaching career. Those kids look like they want to go through a wall for him.

I love that tweet and I totally agree with him that our roster looks like they would go through a wall for Roy.

Bobby Mac likes what he sees as well.....

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
COL remains perfect with 2-0 W over BOS. As ENG go, that one by Matt Duchene was beauty. Sit-up-and-take-notice win for Avs. Giguere great.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why does Lando's captaincy keep coming up? Hes fine. I wish he would shoot more but beyond that his line has been shutting shat down. Tanguay is weiging that line down. Nobody knows what to do when Tangs has the puck haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad