Pre-Game Talk: Avs at Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I also don't know why they insist on playing Ebbett. He's okay I guess, but hasn't really made much of a positive contribution in any game. We already have 4 centers in the lineup. Just double shift one of Geno, Sutter, Sid, Goc with 2 of Klink, Farnham, Adams.

the two are related =/ Have Geno at wing means they have to have a "4th" center. I agree you could do what you suggest, but they don't seem interested in it? I dunno, we'll find out

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I've said bad things about farnham, still not sold, but no reason ebbett should be in the lineup over him no matter the line combinations.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Wes Crosby @OtherNHLCrosby
Crosby: "When I saw that picture, that's not what I looked like before I went on the ice."

Wes Crosby @OtherNHLCrosby
Crosby: "I'm surprised you guys are this close to me."

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Hopefully we don't run these lines in the game. Hopefully there will be changes, adjustments made.

Malkin on the wing and Farnham a scratch is a combination I'd rather not think about at the moment.

Having said that, PLEASE play Harrington tonight so we can start the NHL evaluation process. This is badly needed for this team.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wes Crosby @OtherNHLCrosby · 22s 23 seconds ago
Johnston: Harrington will play. #Pens

Despres out?! ;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Johnston says Kunitz will not play and that "tomorrow will be the big test" for him.

Johnston reiterates that Crosby will be a game-time decision tonight.

Mike Johnston says Fleury will start and Harrington will play.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Snizap. I'm sure they communicated to Dumo this was more about needing to get Harry some time, since he (Dumo) played pretty well last game.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wes Crosby @OtherNHLCrosby · 29s 30 seconds ago
Johnston says the main thing for Crosby is if he feels tired when he goes home between skate and the game. #Pens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This might be the most space Crosby gets in a game :laugh: What defender would follow him around all game?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This might be the most space Crosby gets in a game :laugh: What defender would follow him around all game?

"Crosby's first shift, and boy, the Avs aren't giving him any room. Wow, looks like Crosby has gone into a sneezing fit. A lane opens up! Crosby walks in on goal! The goalie has left the net! OFF THE CROSSBAR AND OUT OF PLAY!"

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

To be honest, from watching a few Avalanche games... not much would change to how they mostly play.

Mike Chambers @MikeChambers
No #Avalanche morning activities at Consol whatsoever. Team will remain at hotel until regular game-night routine begins

#Avs say reasoning behind no morning skate at PIT is partly mumps precaution, but also team has practiced last 3 days

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
"Crosby's first shift, and boy, the Avs aren't giving him any room. Wow, looks like Crosby has gone into a sneezing fit. A lane opens up! Crosby walks in on goal! The goalie has left the net! OFF THE CROSSBAR AND OUT OF PLAY!"

Off the crossbar? Sid would just miss the net in an ill-fated attempt to still go 5-hole, wherever the goalie may be.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio

Empty net might be their best defense to avoid mumps? :sarcasm:

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I guess that Farnham won't get a beating by Cody McLeod tonight. At least he makes the game more enjoyable. Can't say the same about Goc, Adams, or Ebbett.

I don't support MJ's decision to play Malkin on the wing. Although Malkin is better off playing with Sid; I don't enjoy watching him play with Sutter.

I want to see what Harrington can provide.

penguins2946*

Why is Dumoulin getting scratched tonight and Harrington getting in? Just so Harrington can play in a game? Dumoulin played well in the last game, I can't imagine that they're scratching him due to performance.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why is Dumoulin getting scratched tonight and Harrington getting in? Just so Harrington can play in a game? Dumoulin played well in the last game, I can't imagine that they're scratching him due to performance.

You answered your own question. It's clearly not performance related against Dumo. They need to see what Harry can do to continue his development.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Off the crossbar? Sid would just miss the net in an ill-fated attempt to still go 5-hole, wherever the goalie may be.

I will spend the rest of this afternoon mentally picturing Crosby skating around behind Pickard repeatedly shooting at his five-hole while the Benny Hill theme song plays....

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
To be honest, from watching a few Avalanche games... not much would change to how they mostly play.

No #Avalanche morning activities at Consol whatsoever. Team will remain at hotel until regular game-night routine begins

#Avs say reasoning behind no morning skate at PIT is partly mumps precaution, but also team has practiced last 3 days

:laugh:

I can't say i blame them for wanting to stay away from CEC.

It also has to suck for the media, if i was part of the media i wouldn't want to be going in the pens locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad