Pre-Game Talk: Avs at Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
Marc-Andre Fleury has tested negative for the mumps and has been cleared to take part in tonight’s game against the Colorado Avalanche.

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Penguins announce that G Thomas Greiss is now being tested for mumps.

"Hey, Thomas, you wanna start 4 games in a row?"

charlie-brown-o.gif

"Just kidding, sucker. Go get your blood tested for Mumps"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Crosby is the first player on the ice for the game-day skate.

Crosby is NEVER (aside from today) the first player on for practices or game-day skates. Suspect he's a bit eager to play after 3 games off.

Shelly Anderson
@_ShellyAnderson
Chris Kunitz is on the ice for #Penguins skate.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
So if both Sid AND Kunitz are back, who sits? Probably Farnham, sadly, but who's the 2nd? Would really suck to sit Rust after having a nice game (same goes for Farnham in that area).

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
So if both Sid AND Kunitz are back, who sits? Probably Farnham, sadly, but who's the 2nd? Would really suck to sit Rust after having a nice game (same goes for Farnham in that area).

Pretty sure they already said Kunitz won't play tonight. Hasn't been cleared for contact last time they had a practice.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Penguins' morning-skate lines: Malkin-Crosby-Hornqvist, Comeau-Sutter-Downie, Spaling-Goc-Rust, Klinkhammer/Farnham-Ebbett-Adams.

Shelly Anderson @_ShellyAnderson
Sidney Crosby is skating to test things. Not confirmed he will play. Won't be speaking to reporters after skate. All per #Penguins

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Chances that Crosby plays tonight? Can you get higher than 100%?

Unless they still need to clear him... if it's his choice? Yeah, pretty sure he'll play.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Not clear why Fleury's test results came back sooner than Maatta's and Bortuzzo's. Perhaps they had essay tests and he, multiple-choice.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Penguins' morning-skate lines: Malkin-Crosby-Hornqvist, Comeau-Sutter-Downie, Spaling-Goc-Rust, Klinkhammer/Farnham-Ebbett-Adams.

Shelly Anderson @_ShellyAnderson
Sidney Crosby is skating to test things. Not confirmed he will play. Won't be speaking to reporters after skate. All per #Penguins

Ugh Adams is invincible.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ugh Adams is invincible.

"Now that we know who you are, I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense! In the first round, you know how you can tell who the bust's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the 4th-line scrub. And most times they're teammates, like you and me! I should've known way back when... You know why, Craig? Because of the fans. They called me Brittle Beau!"

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Nick Foligno on Bobby Farnham: "I was watching him and thinking, 'What the hell is up with this guy?' He just never stops. It was awesome."

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
When will we know if Crosby is playing tonight?

They said that he won't be available to the media after the game-day skate because his status is still up in the air so I would guess at around opening faceoff tonight.

EDIT: Aaaaand as I'm saying this, he changed his mind and plans to speak to the media. :D

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
They said that he won't be available to the media after the game-day skate because his status is still up in the air so I would guess at around opening faceoff tonight.

Crosby now plans to speak with reporters this morning.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not clear why Fleury's test results came back sooner than Maatta's and Bortuzzo's. Perhaps they had essay tests and he, multiple-choice.

Ok, that's pretty funny. Especially since I can see the Pens' medical staff's test for mumps being an actual academic test.

Oh, and great stuff from Foligno. If they sit Farnham for Ebbett, then boo.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Nick Foligno on Bobby Farnham: "I was watching him and thinking, 'What the hell is up with this guy?' He just never stops. It was awesome."

I'm already bracing myself for when they take Farnham out of the lineup. That's going to be a tough pill to swallow. The guy is so much fun to watch. Brings an element I think we need too.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm already bracing myself for when they take Farnham out of the lineup. That's going to be a tough pill to swallow. The guy is so much fun to watch. Brings an element I think we need too.

it's happening tonight, it looks like. Was rotating on the 4th with Klinkhammer.

I don't know why they are insisting on playing Geno on the wing, but I'm not going to form an opinion yet, since the lines at practice never seem to match game lines.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Guess is that Dumoulin will be replaced by Harrington tonight. Definitely not official.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
it's happening tonight, it looks like. Was rotating on the 4th with Klinkhammer.

I don't know why they are insisting on playing Geno on the wing, but I'm not going to form an opinion yet, since the lines at practice never seem to match game lines.

I also don't know why they insist on playing Ebbett. He's okay I guess, but hasn't really made much of a positive contribution in any game. We already have 4 centers in the lineup. Just double shift one of Geno, Sutter, Sid, Goc with 2 of Klink, Farnham, Adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad