Pre-Game Talk: Avs at Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Just my personal opinion: i really think people make too much of Malkin being at wing. Whenever he "plays there", I never really notice a decrease in effectiveness from Malkin. What I like about Malkin at C is he gets more out of his wingers than Brandon Sutter does.

But on an individual basis, I don't see Malkin playing Wing and thinking "GOD WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HIM BACK?"

I think it's fair to say he's better off on wing with a center who can distribute, than playing at center with a couple of grinders who can't. Unfortunately, Sutter isn't that center, and the only wingers we have are basically grinders.

Plus, I'm not seeing a whole lot out of Goc that warrants him getting a regular 3C role. He has one goal as a Penguin. And not all of those games were with Glass, Adams and AHLers.

There was a sequence recently where Sutter blew by a defender and got the puck to Malkin for a goal. Shortly after that, Goc fanned on what should have been a sure goal. I think it's fair to say there's a pretty big gap between them offensively right now. We need Sutter at 3C if we want to have some legit depth scoring.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just my personal opinion: i really think people make too much of Malkin being at wing. Whenever he "plays there", I never really notice a decrease in effectiveness from Malkin. What I like about Malkin at C is he gets more out of his wingers than Brandon Sutter does.

But on an individual basis, I don't see Malkin playing Wing and thinking "GOD WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HIM BACK?"

Don't you know that real hockey is just like table hockey?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Harrington's in?

excited044.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad