Eklund Rumor: Avs and Bruins 5 player swap (involving Landeskog)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Krejci probably wouldn't waive his NMC and Krejci does nothing for the Avs age wise.

Landy + Barrie for McAvoy++++ is something I have tried to work out, but can't come up with something realistic. Boston would need to send back a couple contracts and like 4 more prospects/picks. If you see 6 pieces going back on one side of the trade, it's probably not realistic :).

But, for fun....

Landy + Barrie for McAvoy + JFK + DeBrusk + Heinen + 1st + Beleksey + Hayes

Boston has no need for Barrie, we already have the role filled with Krug and Boston management is in love with McAvoy. IMO he's the only "non-starter" that Boston has in trade talks when it comes to prospects.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Carlo is playing against top competition, on the top pair, averaging nearly 3 minutes of PK time. The notion that he got fast tracked or is getting gifted easy minutes along side Chara is just silly. It's really not a spot you want to throw a 19 year old into. He forced their hand.

He's not going to be a Mr.everything #1 defenseman. There's more offensive upside to his game than he's given credit for though IMO. 6'5 defenseman with that kind of mobility and athleticism are rare. He also has a pretty good shot and doesn't look out of place when he does use that skating to join the rush. He'll put up 20-30 points playing big minutes doing what he does best.

He's not a meat and potatoes defender. He's more smarts, tools, and IQ. He'll be even better when he does bulk up and can overpower other skaters. The way he's doing it gives me confidence that it's sustainable. More so than someone who blocks a few shots, throws a few big hits, or racks up PP points.

Have to give to get. I personally wouldn't, but I understand.

ThunderBird

Mar 28, 2011
Their is a report out of Carolina that a deal wasn't going to work because Sakic said Slavin had to be included. So that is why most Av fans believe that it will be for a young top pairing potential D or prospect.

Of course we aren't the GM's but following the rumors. Sakic originally called the Ducks and inquired about a Lindholm for Landy trade. The rumors from OTT is Sakic wants Ceci and White or Chabot. So if Sakic is consistently asking for an elite D prospect then we can surmise that Sakic has the same ask for all the other teams.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
The Bruins have a lot of interesting prospects McAvoy, Carlo, Zboril, Lauzon, Grzelyk, DeBrusk, Senyshyn but colorado needs players. Both teams aren't deep at the NHL on defense.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
question for Avs fans...

obviously you guys need dmen, but do you really want to give up a Landy or Duchene type player for one? I am unsure how your team is looking as far as expansion protection and salary cap next year, but is there any way you just hold off till end of year/before expansion draft and maybe use your 2017 1st/prospects or whatever and acquire a dman? I know some teams would LOVE to trade a dman away for a pick/prospects rather that potentially lose one to expansion draft after the year ends(ex. a Ducks dman or Wild dman etc etc)

I realize you have to give up to get, but id just HATE seeing you guys lose one of these young impressive players

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Their is a report out of Carolina that a deal wasn't going to work because Sakic said Slavin had to be included. So that is why most Av fans believe that it will be for a young top pairing potential D or prospect.

Of course we aren't the GM's but following the rumors. Sakic originally called the Ducks and inquired about a Lindholm for Landy trade. The rumors from OTT is Sakic wants Ceci and White or Chabot. So if Sakic is consistently asking for an elite D prospect then we can surmise that Sakic has the same ask for all the other teams.

And we can surmise that nothing gets done. Basically 3 GM's have balked at Sakic's asking price and I wouldn't be surprised if Landy isn't moved at all. Teams know all to well the value of young NHL d-men.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
question for Avs fans...

obviously you guys need dmen, but do you really want to give up a Landy or Duchene type player for one? I am unsure how your team is looking as far as expansion protection and salary cap next year, but is there any way you just hold off till end of year/before expansion draft and maybe use your 2017 1st/prospects or whatever and acquire a dman? I know some teams would LOVE to trade a dman away for a pick/prospects rather that potentially lose one to expansion draft after the year ends(ex. a Ducks dman or Wild dman etc etc)

I realize you have to give up to get, but id just HATE seeing you guys lose one of these young impressive players

They wont trade their '17 1st round pick, it's probably going to be #1 overall

ThunderBird

Mar 28, 2011
question for Avs fans...

I am sure that Sakic will be looking at it but I don't think you are going to find a first pairing D that hasn't started breaking down available we could possibly get some nice 2nd pairing D.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
question for Avs fans...

At this point Duchene should be moved. He's ready to leave and hating life. And with just one highend young dman that can surpass EJ, our D would be in a pretty solid place...EJ, Barrie & Zadorov in the NHL already, Bigras on the cusp, Meloche a year away, and Mironov coming over from the KHL this summer, isn't a bad spot and could grow into a strength with a kid who's even more exciting than Zadorov & can surpass EJ eventually. So at this point a Duchene trade probably should go down if it can bring us a Sergachev/Hanifin/McAvoy/Chabot (with varying degrees of +s).

But Landeskog should stay unless the offer for him is one you just can't say no to, like straight up for Lindholm. Especially because he brings things that MacKinnon/Duchene/Rantanen don't. If we win the lottery & draft Patrick, and Jost thrives, then Landeskog's defensive game & physicality could be more expendable; but right now they are vital to us, and they will continue to be as our prospects develop.

ThunderBird

Mar 28, 2011
And we can surmise that nothing gets done. Basically 3 GM's have balked at Sakic's asking price and I wouldn't be surprised if Landy isn't moved at all. Teams know all to well the value of young NHL d-men.

Yeah I agree my post was mainly just stating to people that think they are going to get a trade done without that in a package. Nobody knows what the future holds so he might end up trading for less than that but I think they will end up holding on to him if no one bites.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
you never know... I just hate seeing them lose these good young roster players. They have such impressive young talent and IMO it just sucks losing Landy/Duchene.

I couldn't imagine what type of d-man it would take to land the #1 overall pick. I mean they want a sub 24yr old 1st pairing d-man.

The best one I can think of is a guy like OEL and he's a UFA in 2 years.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am sure that Sakic will be looking at it but I don't think you are going to find a first pairing D that hasn't started breaking down available we could possibly get some nice 2nd pairing D.

ya that's the thing.. hypothetically speaking, if Landy gets you Carlo+, could Sakic get a better return than Carlo after the season and target teams that are desperate to move a dman for picks/prospects?... and still keep Landy

Carlo is a impressive young dman on Boston, but who knows how good he will actually be

I love Carlo, but I guess basically in a nutshell im saying is that I think Landy or Duchene should get you a better and more proven dman than Carlo

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A 5 player swap! This is huge news.

Boston gets Duchene, Landy, Barrie and Iginla for Spooner.

5 player swap. Very exciting

:)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston has no need for Barrie, we already have the role filled with Krug and Boston management is in love with McAvoy. IMO he's the only "non-starter" that Boston has in trade talks when it comes to prospects.

I don't agree that you can't have both Barrie and Krug on the same roster. I also, don't see McAvoy being on the move either.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I will be astonished if there's a deal IF Sakic is dead set on Carlo or McAvoy. Sweeney has been looking for good young defensemen via any possible means for eons and now that luck gave us a #37 OA playing 21 minutes a night on the first pairing in his rookie season + a very high profile one in McAvoy, I don't think that he would be willing to let one of them go. Especially with Chara at 40.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad