Eklund Rumor: Avs and Bruins 5 player swap (involving Landeskog)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who was also 1 year from UFA, reportedly commanding 8M per year, who held out previously in his career, and was appearing to be headed to UFA as quickly as possible.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my argument.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I would think if it the Bruins were willing to include Carlo in a deal, the trade would have happened already.
Depending on what you read and who you believe the B's said no to including Carlo.

McAvoy might be on Sakic radar however the B's would be ill advised to trade him at this point.

My guess is prospects Heinen and Zboril are involved...the hold up might be Colorado's reluctancy to take back a salary dump such as Belesky or Hayes.

Heinen, Zboril and we have to take Bruins junk? You're too kind.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would think if it the Bruins were willing to include Carlo in a deal, the trade would have happened already.
Depending on what you read and who you believe the B's said no to including Carlo.

McAvoy might be on Sakic radar however the B's would be ill advised to trade him at this point.

My guess is prospects Heinen and Zboril are involved...the hold up might be Colorado's reluctancy to take back a salary dump such as Belesky or Hayes.

You could very well be right, one report had it as Zboril and Beleskey for Landeskog, so maybe there is another prospect like Heinen added and a smaller piece from the Avs. I think when and if this deal goes down a lot of people will be surprised the price was not as high as they thought they would get for Landeskog.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The Avs are not going to trade Landeskog to Boston without Carlo or McAvoy involved.

Taking back a bad contract and having someone like Zboril as the centerpiece of a futures package is not rational IMO.

If Boston does not want to give up Carlo or McAvoy, which may very well be the case, there will be no trade.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Would he? Once Johnson is back, wouldn't Carlo be allowed to develop on the 3rd pairing?

Or would one of Johnson or Barrie shift over to the left-side?

Our 3rd pairing is for the Mark Barberios of the world. I think if they were going to play Carlo that little they will send him to the AHL. Assuming they'd give it a shot I think Zadorov-EJ and Barrie-Carlo is what they'd try.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Avs are not going to trade Landeskog to Boston without Carlo or McAvoy involved.

Taking back a bad contract and having someone like Zboril as the centerpiece of a futures package is not rational IMO.

If Boston does not want to give up Carlo or McAvoy, which may very well be the case, there will be no trade.

Yeah this. If Carlo isn't on the table no way would this be persisting.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Are you the GM?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Are you the GM?

All it takes is a little common sense, let's be serious.

The defensive prospect/player is the key piece to any deal. It has been discussed in the media for weeks and Sakic seems to be clear about it as well. Without Carlo, McAvoy, it does not make sense.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
All it takes is a little common sense, let's be serious.

The defensive prospect/player is the key piece to any deal. It has been discussed in the media for weeks and Sakic seems to be clear about it as well. Without Carlo, McAvoy, it does not make sense.

Maybe that's why it hasn't happened yet :laugh:

In all honesty I think you'll find more Bruins fans ok w/ NOT acquiring Landeskog if it cost McAvoy or Carlo.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Maybe that's why it hasn't happened yet :laugh:

In all honesty I think you'll find more Bruins fans ok w/ NOT acquiring Landeskog if it cost McAvoy or Carlo.

In fairness, you would probably find the same number of Avs fans that would be happy to keep Landeskog if the deal does not include McAvoy or Carlo.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In fairness, you would probably find the same number of Avs fans that would be happy to keep Landeskog if the deal does not include McAvoy or Carlo.

That's what makes these threads so entertaining lol. Both fan bases are happy not doing a deal if the deal isn't right for them.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
That has absolutely nothing to do with my argument.

How could it not?

You're comparing the proposed package to what ROR got in return.

How can you not compare the contractual situations between ROR and landeskog when comparing the proposed deal.

So if landeskog was about to become a UFA in a couple of months, Boston would still be willing to deal the same package?

The value they got for ROR is based on his entire situation. Play, age, skill and contract. As it would be for landeskog.

Doesn't it seem illogical to you to compare the two packages but then not compare the players involved in the deal?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not being a dick, and I understand Landeskog has value.....but I think I'd use a stronger emotion than "content" with getting Carlo+3 first round picks (by proxy) for Landeskog. :laugh:

I'd be disappointed. Rather keep Landeskog anyway, but if he was going to move it would be brutal to get anything less than McAvoy++ in return.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Landeskog + Barrie for McAvoy + Krejci + Senyshyn

Krejci probably wouldn't waive his NMC and Krejci does nothing for the Avs age wise.

Landy + Barrie for McAvoy++++ is something I have tried to work out, but can't come up with something realistic. Boston would need to send back a couple contracts and like 4 more prospects/picks. If you see 6 pieces going back on one side of the trade, it's probably not realistic :).

But, for fun....

Landy + Barrie for McAvoy + JFK + DeBrusk + Heinen + 1st + Beleksey + Hayes

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I will admit that if we do move Carlo++ for Landy, our top six will be very dangerous.

Marchand - Bergeron - Backes
Landeskog - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Cehlarik
Beleskey - Moore - Hayes

Just hope that we can out score our defense lol

good lord that is actually extremely impressive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad