Eklund Rumor: Avs and Bruins 5 player swap (involving Landeskog)

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Eklund has been pretty adamant that's Boston and Colorado would be making a deal. Plus, scouts from each team have been at each other's games a lot recently.

Maybe there's something going on here.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
There's definitely something there but there's also definitely a road block keeping it from getting done. I guess Landeskog alone isn't enough to get the package Sakic is after.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Landy and Carlo the main pieces???

I know Bruins had said Carlo is going nowhere but id think he would have to go the other way

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
This is something everyone has been talking about for a week. He's a little late to the party. Boston's next game is in two days after a week off, I would kind of expect a deal to get done today or tomorrow if one is going to get done. I don't know any more than anyone else, it just kind of makes sense.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Do the Bruins prefer to keep McAvoy or Carlo?

We prefer to keep both if it's only Landeskog coming back. McAvoy has more value, but Carlo is vital to this team for now.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Carlo is nothing special. If Landeskog is going the other way McAvoy better be coming back. I'd add to Landy (something small but still an add) to make it happen.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Carlo is nothing special. If Landeskog is going the other way McAvoy better be coming back. I'd add to Landy (something small but still an add) to make it happen.

Yup, nothing special about a recently turned 20yr old rookie d-man, playing over 21 minutes a night and on pace for around 20pts

Weast

May 16, 2011
He's not the first one to suggest Landy to the Bruins so this might have some backing to it. Like most Avs fans I 100% prefer McAvoy to Carlo, but I don't want Landeskog traded at all.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yup, nothing special about a recently turned 20yr old rookie d-man, playing over 21 minutes a night and on pace for around 20pts

Is he playing that much because he's actually good enough to play that many minutes or because the Bs is severely lacking in talent outside of three players?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
To be honest, I'm not impressed by Carlo either. We will see in the long run

I think McAvoy will be a much better player for the Bruins in the long run

I don't think any Bruins fan would disagree about McAvoy being better in the long run. The Bruins defense last year was ranked 19th in GA/GP, this year they are 12th and at one point were as high as 5th (before the minor meltdown. The only difference in defense from this year to last year...Brandon Carlo.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Is he playing that much because he's actually good enough to play that many minutes or because the Bs is severely lacking in talent outside of three players?

I think he gets some help because of the talent of the other RHD, but he's outplayed all off them this year...like not even close to any of our other RHD having the in game impact that he does.

It a perfect world he becomes our 2nd pairing shutdown guy and McAvoy goes 1st pairing.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
TBH we'd hope he becomes more than a 3-4 Dman if we're trading Landeskog...

Maybe I'm overrating Carlo...

I actually feel that Landy is overrated. Much easier to get a 20 goal left winger than a solid defenseman. Really hope Sweeney just says no to this one, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I won't be able to control my tears:shakehead:shakehead

It'll turn into tears of joy once you actually see Landeskog play. I'm fully expecting this to turn into the Avs were fools to trade him for a package O'Reilly situation again once the East actually sees him play...

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If the Bruins get Landeskog for Carlo+ I feel the Bruins win the trade. Carlo is not 100% proven while Landeskog brings a lot more to a team. The Avs are just so desperate for defense that the trade somewhat makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad