Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire S. Girard, S. Bowers, V. Kamenev, A. Hammond, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for M. Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I still can't believe the Sens reportedly hinged (or at least partially hinged) their decision on whether or not to give up the pick to Colorado on whether or not Tkachuk would be there at 4th overall.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Just enjoy the stupidity of Dorion.
It's wonderful that he tried to claim Sakic was asking for too much and slam him in the media only to give up more franchise changing pieces than he initially would have according to reports.
Karma is a mother!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I still can't get over how well Sakic did. Acquired Turris, Bowers, Hammond, a 1st, and a 3rd for Duchene. Then flipped Turris for Girard, Kamenev, and a 2nd. It's the type of move that can really set a team up long-term.

I don't think many would disagree about Duchene being better than Turris but he's not that much better. The extra money you're going to pay on an extension has to be factored in as well. The rumour was Turris wanted 7 or 8 years from the Sens but Melnyk said no. Turris will be 29 when the extension kicks in so I can see why they would be reluctant but Duchene will be 28 and you'll probably have to pay him $7.5-8M/yr.
I get that they were desperate with Turris not wanting to sign in Ottawa but how the hell did they give up that first rounder on top of it my God :D

Reactions: Avs_19

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I wonder if at one point, during all the talks between the teams, Sakic just muted the conference call and wondered out loud "wow, are we really getting all of this" with MacFarland adding "dude, if it falls apart, just take Girard, Komerev, and the 2nd, that is still a great deal."
Sakic made a genius move, think about it. He was able to sell his player with max value like he had scored that 70ppg season just last year, but in reality Duchene was coming off the worst season with 40+ points. Insanity for Sakic to even try, much more insane for Dorion to pay! Haha ;)

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Sakic made a genius move, think about it. He was able to sell his player with max value like he had scored that 70ppg season just last year, but in reality Duchene was coming off the worst season with 40+ points. Insanity for Sakic to even try, much more insane for Dorion to pay! Haha ;)

I still can't believe he pulled this off lol. If I tried to make that trade on NHL 18, the GM would probably cuss me out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chambers has an article up on Bowers. I believe it’s the first time he has really talked about the Avs since the trade. He’s hoping to have a good year and then turn pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad