Post-Game Talk: Avs 4 - Wild 2 || Varlamov? VARLAMOV!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great game for O'Reilly. Love Roy but he's a fool if he splits Duchene and O'Reilly up again. Both guys have played their best hockey this season when they're together.

EJ was great as usual.

Benoit needs to be a lot better, especially with the current condition of our defense. He made poor plays on both the Wild goals. Can't have his play drop off now.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Benoit needs to be a lot better, especially with the current condition of our defense. He made poor plays on both the Wild goals. Can't have his play drop off now.

And somehow he finished with 2 assist. These two points Benoit gets should belongs to EJ. He was great, really deserved to be on the scoresheet tonight.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I didn't think Stollery was THAT bad, better than Holden at least. Wilson didn't look that awful, would gladly have him over Holden. Sarich and Benoit should ideally be a bottom pairing, but I still think its Sarich that makes that pairing terrible. When healthy, I'm going with:

Hejda-EJ, Benoit-Guenin, Wilson-Barrie. With Sarich interchanging with Guenin.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
O'Reilly is tied with Duchene for the team lead in goals. Pay the man.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Just +1'ing the RoR beautiful backhand. Where the heck did that come from...

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Just +1'ing the RoR beautiful backhand. Where the heck did that come from...

RoR has always had the hands. I mean how do you get so many beautiful take aways without having a set of magical hands (see Datsyuk). He is just finally getting his shot to use it for goal scoring.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh...didn't Stollery just come back from a major injury before he got called up? Besides, a defenseman with his particular skillset isn't going to see a lot of opportunities when all they know how to do is trap, collapse, and stand in front of their goalie all game long.

Not saying he'd be a ton better had it not been for the injury, just saying it didn't help matters, nor did playing against the Minnesota Glacial Drift.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Wilson was just an emergency call-up and got an exception from the two week rule, does that mean that when Holden is back Avs have to send Wilson down and keep Stollery?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's a maximum of 14 days for conditioning assignments but does that mean the player has to stay in the AHL for that long?

This is all I've found on it:

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's mind boggling Avs have 61 points and they would be the 2nd place team in the east with that defense.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So proud of this team. 45 games in and we're keeping up with the Sharks and Kings and Canucks, very very impressive to me. Hope they can keep it up, as this is the part of the season where it gets even tougher.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
So proud of this team. 45 games in and we're keeping up with the Sharks and Kings and Canucks, very very impressive to me. Hope they can keep it up, as this is the part of the season where it gets even tougher.

The Olympic break might help us get some bodies back which would be huge down the stretch.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
McLeod has been really bad the last few weeks, I think it might be time Malone gets a bigger role than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad