GDT: Aves vs Bruins 10/10 7pm MST

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Bruins fan coming in peace. You guys look like a fantastic team this year and have a great chance of going to the final. We are all having a hard time on the Bruins board figuring out how the Kuhlman goal was goaltender interference. I was just wondering from your point of view are we just looking at the goal through Homer glasses or did you guys find the ruling questionable as well?

Reactions: HockeyFan100

TequilaBay

May 30, 2019
Bruins fans are just still salty about this specific moment in history;

hqdefault.jpg

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Stealing this from the Bruins board:

"If this Colorado team is on in for a long run I'd love to meet them in the finals because they can't compete with this Bruin team unless they get the officiating they got tonight"

English is my 1st (& only) language, & I don’t know what that means. Also, eff Bawston.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Bruins fan coming in peace. You guys look like a fantastic team this year and have a great chance of going to the final. We are all having a hard time on the Bruins board figuring out how the Kuhlman goal was goaltender interference. I was just wondering from your point of view are we just looking at the goal through Homer glasses or did you guys find the ruling questionable as well?
Personally i thought it was on the weak side but i, along with the NHL, don't really know what GI even is anymore..

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Stealing this from the Bruins board:

"If this Colorado team is on in for a long run I'd love to meet them in the finals because they can't compete with this Bruin team unless they get the officiating they got tonight"

Saw that. Thought better of reposting one of our posts giving tonight's first star to our video review coach.

Reactions: Avs425

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't like the Avs first two periods but they got it going in the third.

What a game by Grubauer. He was the best player once again.

Nice to see Burakovsky get on the board. Using his speed to turn that zone exit into a goal, just like the Avs planned when they acquired him. :D

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The angle Altitude showed, Krejci had his stick in Grubs pads and didn't let him slide to the left. I would definitely say it's a weaker call, but his stick was there in his pads. Grubs was even complaining right after the puck went in the net. I've seen less called back and much more egregious plays allowed. The inconsistency in the NHL is ridiculous.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Pity call since your entire team lives rent free in Kadri's head.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Average start but overall really nice performance. It's great to see them play like that and not even require a dominant performance from the big line.

Grubauer was excellent. He's definitely picked up where he left off last season.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
The angel Altitude showed, Krejci had his stick in Grubs pads and didn't let him slide to the left. I would definitely say it's a weaker call, but his stick was there in his pads. Grubs was even complaining right after the puck went in the net. I've seen less called back and much more egregious plays allowed. The inconsistency in the NHL is ridiculous.

Lauren Jbara was on screen? Weird. :sarcasm:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

I found it questionable honestly. But Bruins were mostly robbed by stellar goaltending tonight

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017

I mean, the Avs definitely got breaks. I was surprised that both those goals were called back. They've been on the wrong end of those calls in the past and will be in the future, and same for the Bruins.

Reactions: flyfysher

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
The angel Altitude showed, Krejci had his stick in Grubs pads and didn't let him slide to the left. I would definitely say it's a weaker call, but his stick was there in his pads. Grubs was even complaining right after the puck went in the net. I've seen less called back and much more egregious plays allowed. The inconsistency in the NHL is ridiculous.
I brought up the fact that last year the league indicated that too many calls were being called back for very minor reasons and indicated they only wanted egregious interference called because their edict was to have more goals scored. Of course shortly after that we had a huge game against Toronto and had our defensemen was pushed into our goaltender knocking him out of the play so that a winning goal was scored and no interference was called. Now all of a sudden here we are once again where a player pretty much just touches a goaltenders pad with his stick and it's called goaltender interference. I just don't get why it should be so difficult to get these calls consistent. We as fans don't ask for much but that is Paramount in my mind. I've watched the replay of the girl several times and I just have a hard time finding anything that Krejci did on that play had any effect on group bars ability to stop Khulman's shot. He wasn't even in the crease for God's sake.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Skate was in the crease and against Grubauers skate which kept him from pushing pad out.Would he have saved it - most likely not but it was interference IN THE BLUE - if it had been outside the blue then it may not get called(and shouldn't really). Bruin fans are going to have to bury it and celebrate when they get the one to go their way later in the year. You're a good team and good teams will earn that "luck" back.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It's amazing. We had kind of an off night and still pulled out a victory against a damn good team. Sure, we needed some great goaltending and a little bit of ref-luck to do it but still ...

Makes me wonder how good they could become when this team can put it all together. Because that hasn't happened yet and we are 3-0 regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad