GDT: Aves vs Bruins 10/10 7pm MST

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a game that was. Didn’t feel at all like a non conference game. Can’t remember the last time the Avs played such a hard fought close game against the East. Felt more like a division game in late March.

Bednar needs to take the reins off Kadri. Stop making him obsessed with positioning and just let him hit. He's like Forsberg, he needs to play with an edge to get into games. It’s no coincidence that the game where he’s most worried about making a bad hit, he looks out of synch for most of it.

Makar is letting the expectations of replacing Barrie psych him out a bit I think. He’s trying to make plays with his head up too quick and he’s losing the puck too often. He’ll get it figured out, he just needs to settle down a bit, and realize he’s just one part of the whole team. If he makes big plays that’s great, but he doesn’t need to put so much pressure on himself for the team to win.

Stephen Walkom needs to have a conversation with his referees because these constant BS calls on Zadorov are getting out of control. 5’9” 185 lb Krug just skates right into 6’5” 230 lb Zadorov who’s chasing the puck carrier. What the hell do you think is gonna happen? He might have well just skated into a wall.

Grubauer just continues to be clutch late in games. He’s officially calmed my apprehension about the goaltending this year. Picked up exactly where he left off last season. I was hoping he’d play well to start the season, but I didn’t expect him to be in playoff form.

Great start to the season boys, keep it going!

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Some comments from Burakovsky in Swedish press
Svensken presenterar sig med läckert solnummer: ”Till slut bara sköt jag...”

I will try to translate some ;-)

"An outstanding solo performance for the first goal of the new club - which also proved to be the game winning goal (Gabriel Landeskog scored the final result in an empty netter when one minute remained).
- Solo performance... I don't know. We have talked a lot about getting in the zone that way, turning around and passing the puck. So I did just that, but found no one to play and in the end I just shot, says "Burra" when we reach him afterwards.
- Someone in front, I think it was Donskoi, blocked well so it went in. Good feeling of course. When you are new to a club, you obviously want to show up and help the team.

André Burakovsky:
"Extremely fast team"
André says he is enjoying Denver - and Avalanche.
- Really. It feels like I got a fresh start and can start over right here, he continues.
- It has also been very easy to get into this gang. All my teammates have been super nice and taken care of me and made me feel right at home. Here, there is no risk of being left alone when you come in here as new.
Also, despite coming from a team that recently won the Stanley Cup, he is impressed by the qualities of Avalanche.
- We have a young and extremely fast team. That's what stood out the most, the speed on the whole team. It shows even in practice, I can promise."

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins fans are just still salty about this specific moment in history;

hqdefault.jpg

This is my second favorite hockey moment. No Bruins fans have salt over this. None.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
This is my second favorite hockey moment. No Bruins fans have salt over this. None.

It's nice being up 3-0 and defeating the Bruins when not playing very well? ;-) This team obviously has huge capacity but some players are young and inexperienced, we will have to give them some time. What happens when Kadri start playing?

The comment from Burakovski about how freaking fast this team is a bit fun. ;-) I wonder if this is an issue for Kadri as well?

Gru has been playing really, really well though and this is super important.

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Sam Girard has been our best D this season, hands down. He's doing all the little things right, and I really feel like he's taken another step this year.

Burakovsky was the best I've seen him yet. Looked fast, but I wish he'd drive the net more.

Jost looked really good as well. Have to think he goes back to the second line if JTC is a good Saturday.

MacKinnon seems to be struggling a bit by the standards we're used to seeing him. He's been good, but the Bruins were all over him tonight. I don't think the top line has really found their stride yet, but it's coming. Crazy that I can say that when the line had 5 points combined haha

Really, REALLY like our 4th line this season. That Bellamare/Calvert combo is such a breath of fresh air. Haven't had guys like that on the bottom line in yeeears.

Great effort all around. Avs were clearly a bit rusty, but even when they went down 2-0, there wasn't a second where I counted them out, and they looked confident the entire game. I truly think this Avs team has another gear that I expect them to find in the coming future.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Missed almost all of this one since I was at the leafs game. Looked like the avs played well in the 3rd. Nice goal by Bura. Fourth line looks legit

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Makar is gonna be so special but, for now, he is just racking up points Barrie style.

Still, i maintain my 50+ point season prediction for him.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
I feel like the Avs have a lot more in them than what they showed last night. Makar is struggling but it hasn't hurt the team. Soon he will be helping the team. It is a tough league, Barrie was -4 last night against TB at home. That puts any Makar struggles in perspective. Bad karma to have two goals reversed, all I can say is Tuck rule.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
It's amazing. We had kind of an off night and still pulled out a victory against a damn good team. Sure, we needed some great goaltending and a little bit of ref-luck to do it but still ...

Makes me wonder how good they could become when this team can put it all together. Because that hasn't happened yet and we are 3-0 regardless.

Good teams find ways to win games without playing their best. We haven’t come close to our best yet (including last night), but are
3-0 already. That should scare 30 other teams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->