GDT: Aves vs Bruins 10/10 7pm MST

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I just want Nichushkin to get a goal, I don't care if it's only one, but I am seriously cheering for him every time.
He’s becoming a huge favorite of mine. Plays the type of game I f***ing love. Big, powerful, fast, back checks hard and brings the puck hard to the net regardless of who he has to take out to get there. Pump his play into my veins.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He’s becoming a huge favorite of mine. Plays the type of game I ****ing love. Big, powerful, fast, back checks hard and brings the puck hard to the net regardless of who he has to take out to get there. Pump his play into my veins.
I wonder if his buddy Kuzy helped him train during the offseason because he's actually playing with some fire. :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He’s becoming a huge favorite of mine. Plays the type of game I ****ing love. Big, powerful, fast, back checks hard and brings the puck hard to the net regardless of who he has to take out to get there. Pump his play into my veins.

So have any mods looked into whether @RoyIsALegend has a 2nd burner account on HF? Cause I think I found the account.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I thought Wilson did look really good actually for the first game back. Ive also liked Nuke all 3 games we've played. Even Jost looked noticeably better at center. It's gonna be a tough decision when JTC comes back!

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wilson is rarely spectacular but always effective. I honestly don't remember him having a really bad game. It's a shame he can't stay healthy.

Reactions: Gatorbait19 and cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wilson is rarely spectacular but always effective. I honestly don't remember him having a bad game. It's a shame he can't stay healthy.

But he never has good games ;)

No I really like Wilson, good bottom 6’er that brings a very consistent and smart game. Gets the puck in deep, good on the forecheck and along the boards but obviously won’t wow you with skill.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I thought Nuke was pretty non existent last night, whereas Wilson looked awesome. Will be a competition there.

Wilson & Jost just seems like a really natural pairing on that third line. It puts Jost in the best position to succeed and Landy-lite helps with the biggest weaknesses in Ty's game...lowkey would love to see what that line looked like with Bura on the other wing to help them create danger. Feels like that could be a very effective third line that chipped in regularly; while the 4th line filled the more "traditional" pure-checking role.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I brought up the fact that last year the league indicated that too many calls were being called back for very minor reasons and indicated they only wanted egregious interference called because their edict was to have more goals scored. Of course shortly after that we had a huge game against Toronto and had our defensemen was pushed into our goaltender knocking him out of the play so that a winning goal was scored and no interference was called. Now all of a sudden here we are once again where a player pretty much just touches a goaltenders pad with his stick and it's called goaltender interference. I just don't get why it should be so difficult to get these calls consistent. We as fans don't ask for much but that is Paramount in my mind. I've watched the replay of the girl several times and I just have a hard time finding anything that Krejci did on that play had any effect on group bars ability to stop Khulman's shot. He wasn't even in the crease for God's sake.
My understanding is that the league is going to be focusing more on infractions while goalies are attempting to make saves. If the issue is during the goalie’s save motion, more likely to get called back than contact prior to the shot being take .

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not strange that Donskoi/Jost-Kadri-Burakovski doesn't gel instantly. None of them have even played on the same team before and a couple of them are a bit hard to figure out how they want to play. Who is responsible for zone entries? Who is the playmaker? Does the players without the puck go to open ice? Are they executing dump and chase plays? Are they in the right spot to cycle the puck?

I'm not that worried about the solo raiding this far.

Reactions: Spender

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's not strange that Donskoi/Jost-Kadri-Burakovski doesn't gel instantly. None of them have even played on the same team before and a couple of them are a bit hard to figure out how they want to play. Who is responsible for zone entries? Who is the playmaker? Does the players without the puck go to open ice? Are they executing dump and chase plays? Are they in the right spot to cycle the puck?

I'm not that worried about the solo raiding this far.

They really only played one pre-season game together too I believe. They should never have been expected to click right out the gate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->