Prospect Info: Aves select Oskar Olausson 28th overall

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
The kid is a natural goal scorer, what a beaut. Get him on the bumper on the PP next year, cuz he ain’t taking Mikko’s spot, but he clearly should def see some

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I haven’t been following him or watching his games at all so I might be a bit off but his numbers in the OHL seem kind of underwhelming for a first round pick. Is barrie just a bad team?? I was actually kind of surprised to see his numbers because of the praise he was receiving here

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I haven’t been following him or watching his games at all so I might be a bit off but his numbers in the OHL seem kind of underwhelming for a first round pick. Is barrie just a bad team?? I was actually kind of surprised to see his numbers because of the praise he was receiving here

Barrie's like a middle of the pack team, he and Clarke are the only upper tier talents on that team.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

He had a hot start goal wise, but cooled off a bit. 7 goals and 9 points in his first 6 games. Only 5 goals but 16 points in the 16 games after.

Looks like he's not shooting as much either. In those first six games he had 6 shots four times, and then 5 and 4 shots in the others. He's only had 6 shots once in the 16 games after. Plus a few 1 shot games and a 0 shot game.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
The Pita-Pit was working early this season but he may have started sampling the poutine more frequently.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Can someone who knows what they're talking about explain this one a bit. I'm assuming the Generals are the better team looking for the talent to compete.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Can someone who knows what they're talking about explain this one a bit. I'm assuming the Generals are the better team looking for the talent to compete.
Typically, that's the case. OHL trades (probably CHL trades) in general are a bunch of picks plus a player(s) that can be used next year for a guy that you know you probably won't have next year. The weird thing is, is that Barrie is higher in the standings than the Generals

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Typically, that's the case. OHL trades (probably CHL trades) in general are a bunch of picks plus a player(s) that can be used next year for a guy that you know you probably won't have next year. The weird thing is, is that Barrie is higher in the standings than the Generals

That's why I was looking for an explanation. Does Barrie not expect to go far, or are they looking to recoup some assets, etc?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Barrie played very disorganized, I really hated it. I generally don’t like prospects moving teams but it’s a good thing, he needed a different type of team. I’ll watch him when he plays for Oshawa and see what differences in his play and utilization are, I can’t guess at what it will be yet. Barrie thought they’d go for it in Brandt Clarke’s final year but saw the writing on the wall. I believe they traded out another top forward the other day. If Oshawa really doesn’t contend that’s ok, Oskar could show up in the AHL then. Plus these super teams that load up never turn out to be that great of a situation for the prospects anyway. Looking a bit at the Oshawa side they had a lot of picks and only one second wasn’t a huge price so yolo.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Barrie played very disorganized, I really hated it. I generally don’t like prospects moving teams but it’s a good thing, he needed a different type of team. I’ll watch him when he plays for Oshawa and see what differences in his play and utilization are, I can’t guess at what it will be yet. Barrie thought they’d go for it in Brandt Clarke’s final year but saw the writing on the wall. I believe they traded out another top forward the other day. If Oshawa really doesn’t contend that’s ok, Oskar could show up in the AHL then. Plus these super teams that load up never turn out to be that great of a situation for the prospects anyway. Looking a bit at the Oshawa side they had a lot of picks and only one second wasn’t a huge price so yolo.
Oshawa plays in Niagara tonite. The Barrie-Niagara is 2hours and the trade was announced 3 hours before the game. I wonder if he plays, arriving late a la Foote!

Edit: The answer is no, he's not playing.

Last edited:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Olausson has been traded to the Oshawa generals. Didn’t see it posted on here anywhere. Edit: never mind I scrolled up

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wish Olausson becomes another Rantanen. Avs would really benefit from another top six forward that can score goals.

I think you're underselling Rantanen a bit. That's like saying Makar is a top 4 defenseman that can score goals.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad