Prospect Info: Aves select Oskar Olausson 28th overall

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
upload_2022-2-19_10-48-53.png

Oskar doesn't believe in passing anymore.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I may have asked this before so sorry if I have. When his season is over could he technically play some games for the Avs? Do we burn a year of we do that?
If he keeps up the torrid pace I could see him being a Black Ace with the Avs during the playoffs. Depending on how the Generals do he could even squeeze in some regular season games. (That may be hard considering the cap however.)

I found this interesting article about Black Aces:
Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates News, Live Coverage | DK Pittsburgh Sports

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

weremarkar

Jan 2, 2022
least he got more shot selections and better release than bura who takes forever to get it off

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Olausson can develop his game away from the puck enough to make the team next season as Burakovsky's direct replacement (perhaps even getting some NHL games at the back of this season) that would potentially give the Avs enough cap flexibility to land a big fish like Hertl in UFA...

Olausson's defensive and playmaking deficiencies would be covered a bit by playing on a line with Nichuskin and Hertl. If he struggles at times you could simply push him down to the 3rd line and put Newhook at 2C between Nichuskin and Hertl (though the 3rd line wouldn't be so strong in that case with NAK/LOC - Compher - Olausson).

upload_2022-2-19_14-8-45.png

In 2023 we'd have Mackinnon getting EJ's money, and then savings on Compher* ($2.5m), Jost* ($1m), Francouz ($1m), and the cap rising ($1m) paying for bridge deals for Newhook and Byram (enough for $3.75m aav deals each). Replace Compher/Jost/Francouz with prospects like Ranta/Foudy/Annunen (of cheap UFA signings). Ignore bonuses and overages. #Profit.

* one or both of JTC/Jost will probably be gone by 2023 anyways.

Note that this would work with a Forsberg/Giroux/Pavelski as well, perhaps even at an AAV lower than the $8m I have for Hertl here.

upload_2022-2-19_14-11-41.png

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
People and the hyperbole. He wasn’t a bust a couple weeks ago and he isn’t nhl ready today. He has struggled to find a role on his new team. Hopefully this is the beginning of him finding it. That said, he’s enigmatic… runs hot and cold. This is a clear example of exactly that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
People and the hyperbole. He wasn’t a bust a couple weeks ago and he isn’t nhl ready today. He has struggled to find a role on his new team. Hopefully this is the beginning of him finding it. That said, he’s enigmatic… runs hot and cold. This is a clear example of exactly that.
You'll notice that I started my post with the word "if" ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad