Prospect Info: Aves select Oskar Olausson 28th overall

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Not really sure what people expected. Dude is a literal clone of Burakovsky.

If this is true, I'm f***ing stoked. Bura has paced for 60 points every year on the Avs. I'd take a 60 point player in the late first round every year if I can. Can he be streaky? Play mediocre to bad defense? Yes. Yes. Can he score? Does he generate chances? Yes. Yes.

If OO can be anything like Burakovsky we've got ourselves a steal.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
The Avs make a safe pick and HFAvs complains.

The Avs make a more risky pick and HFAvs complains.

Yep it checks out.
Eh, I think that is the way opinions work right?
Unless literally everyone complains.

edit: some like the safe pick, some like the risky. Complaining from either is a given. That's not HFAvs, that's people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
image.png

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Well to be fair Burakovsky scored 87 points in 57 games in his D +1 year. Olausson is less than a PPG right now but he has time to turn it around. Was the change to Oshawa really that different in play style or his usage? Or just lack of chemistry with his line mates?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Olausson is enigmatic and he's gonna run hot and cold with just how raw he is. Stat watchers hate hearing this, but on bad junior teams, it is much easier to put up better stats than on good junior teams. Reason being is the ice time and roles are there more on bad teams. In Barrie, Olausson was playing a ton (likely over 20 minutes a game) and had prime opportunities. With Oshawa he's in a 3rd line role and 2PP.

IMO Olausson has legit NHL talent and top 6 upside... he's just going to take a while to round out his game (if it happens). He's a bit of a risk and you're betting on maturity and experience rounding off his sharp corners. He wouldn't have been my pick at 28, but he was picked in an appropriate range for his talent level.

All of that said, it takes more than a great shot to make the NHL. If that is all it took Frk would have 700 games in the league.
Ah now that I looked back a little further in this thread that makes some sense. I didn’t realize he was on the 3rd line and PP2 in Oshawa.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just pay attention to certain posters that add nothing quality to the conversation and use that excellent ignore feature :laugh:
Man, you keep posting this shit and nobody will see my posts anymore.

[edit...off-topic, did Bubba Thudd ever tell you about the time I accidently ignored myself. True story.]

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
:laugh: Is that even possible
Not anymore. It wasn't supposed to have been allowed when I did it to. There was an update to the board and a setting somehow got flipped. They fixed it pretty quick. This was well over 10-15 years ago, because I was still working shiftwork back then.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Ah now that I looked back a little further in this thread that makes some sense. I didn’t realize he was on the 3rd line and PP2 in Oshawa.
His ice time has gone down a bit but he's still getting 1st line 1st pp in oshawa. Barrie he got 20:22 a game with 3:42 pp so far in Oshawa 18:57 with 2:55 pp. Oshawa hasn't gotten as many pps as he's still averaging around 70% of the teams pp time

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
His ice time has gone down a bit but he's still getting 1st line 1st pp in oshawa. Barrie he got 20:22 a game with 3:42 pp so far in Oshawa 18:57 with 2:55 pp. Oshawa hasn't gotten as many pps as he's still averaging around 70% of the teams pp time
Thanks for the actual truth

Reactions: nightonthesun

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Yeah top line there… the lines in Oshawa are in flux and he not getting top opportunities… The first few games Olauasson got prime minutes and opportunities, they’ve lessened over the course of the course. They’ll increase back up as we get closer to the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad