Post-Game Talk: Aves 4 Canucks 2 (Lammikko quest for 0 in 82 is over)

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That was a pretty bad game. The first period was atrocious. Was like watching a peewee team play a charity game against a pro team. Major changes are needed. This time around the ship will not be righted.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Team most likely to exceed expectations:
(Bunch of idiots removed)
The top 2 experts from our main rivals Calgary and Edmonton thought that the Canucks were going to take a huge step this season....

To be on a Likely to Exceed Expectations list you have to be a crappy or average team with low expectations, not a good team.

This list proves the other guys point.

Reactions: Cheeks Clapinski

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Honestly....imo..This years roster looked pretty good before the season ( a lot experts thought so)..Its not a weak roster..At the beginning of the year, we thought that the D would be the achilles heel...Not the case..The killer has been special teams, and our top line (especially at ES, and on the PP)

yes everyone was we MIGHT make the playoffs… if that isn’t a good team to be almost middle of the pack than I don’t know what is.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Canada’s best shot at a cup. Elite core. Calder finalists.

Imagine being the pompous and boastful one who would use a combo of these to dunk on people the past “4 years”.

I’d feel like a Total idiot if it were me. But doubling down….that takes dedication
I made this point a bunch a year or two ago when POM would rant about how the core is complete and we have all the cores we have all the calders.

But I have always questioned as to whether this core is complete. I've been willing to concede top six forwards and goalie. But we had no supplemental prospects coming trhough that could/would have fit third or fourth line roles. We had absolutely no prospects on the blue line. We're seeing the effects of this now because Jimbo went and spent like $15.5MM of cap to fill these holes this summer (OEL, Dickinson, Poolman, Hamonic)

Reactions: likash

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I made this point a bunch a year or two ago when POM would rant about how the core is complete and we have all the cores we have all the calders.

But I have always questioned as to whether this core is complete. I've been willing to concede top six forwards and goalie. But we had no supplemental prospects coming trhough that could/would have fit third or fourth line roles. We had absolutely no prospects on the blue line. We're seeing the effects of this now because Jimbo went and spent like $15.5MM of cap to fill these holes this summer (OEL, Dickinson, Poolman, Hamonic)

I would also add the top six is flawed group. Most are one-dimensional.

Reactions: likash

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Elliotte Friedman:
I was going to pick New Jersey, but with MacKenzie Blackwood's situation uncertain, I'm going with Winnipeg
Caroline Cameron: Vancouver
David Amber:
Philadelphia
Jeff Marek: Los Angeles
Luke Fox: Winnipeg
Eric Francis: Vancouver
Gene Principe:
Seattle
Gord Stellick: Los Angeles
Ken Wiebe: Vancouver
Sean Reynolds:
Chicago
Dan Murphy: Los Angeles
Justin Bourne: Carolina
Nick Kypreos: Islanders
Eric Engels: Calgary
Christine Simpson: Ottawa
Ryan Dixon: Calgary
Iain MacIntyre: Seattle
Mark Spector: Vancouver

The top 2 experts from our main rivals Calgary and Edmonton thought that the Canucks were going to take a huge step this season....

lmao at thinking Eric Francis is an expert on anything besides Pizza Pigouts or nepotism.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Elliotte Friedman:
I was going to pick New Jersey, but with MacKenzie Blackwood's situation uncertain, I'm going with Winnipeg
Caroline Cameron: Vancouver
David Amber:
Philadelphia
Jeff Marek: Los Angeles
Luke Fox: Winnipeg
Eric Francis: Vancouver
Gene Principe:
Seattle
Gord Stellick: Los Angeles
Ken Wiebe: Vancouver
Sean Reynolds:
Chicago
Dan Murphy: Los Angeles
Justin Bourne: Carolina
Nick Kypreos: Islanders
Eric Engels: Calgary
Christine Simpson: Ottawa
Ryan Dixon: Calgary
Iain MacIntyre: Seattle
Mark Spector: Vancouver

Were they right?

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I don't think PoM is off base in saying that the roster on paper before the season started had more promise than basically anything we'd seen in the last 6 years. I realize that isnt saying much but this Canucks roster had the potential to be a solid team in a lousy division - and that sentiment wasn't totally uncommon amongst many 'experts'.

Reactions: Nomobo

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I also like how PoMmy sailed right over legit talking points to discuss how less than 25% of a panel (4 of 18) constitutes “a lot.”

And it’s not Stanley Cup predictions or making the playoff predictions. It’s most improved.

And the “house guy” for Vancouver, Murph, went with LA.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Because during Benning likely results in you also getting a competent coach...firing Green doesn't solve the GM problem.
Fire both is the answer

put an interim coach in and let new gm bring in his own guy

Feb 20, 2013
Good performance last night. Canucks were dominant at evens and were only scored on while they either had no goalie or had only 3 players with sticks on the ice. The Canucks need to sort out their PK woes, but 5v3 and 4v3 PKs are far more determined by the offensive team executing and by goal-tending than what the penalty-killing skaters do. Once again, the Canucks just need Demko to make some saves on the PK. First goal against was a good screen by Landeskog, but goals 2 and 3 were soft.

Kadri goal 2: He completely loses his net on the Rantanen shot, pumps the rebound into the slot and then loses the net again trying to dive to make the save on the rebound.
Makar goal 3: Wide open shot, but one with little pre-shot movement. No screen, Demko is set, but gets beaten short-side.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster

TSN is picking this up, which is funny since Sportsnet isn’t

I mean how can they, why would they. Sportsnet, 650, Rogers overall, the Aquilini's, the Canucks organization, the media shills that keep the gearworks greased up. It's basically a racket. It's corruption.

TSN has no stake in this market so I'm glad they're showing what they are. I hope Donnie & Dhali, and Sekeres and Price keep up what they're doing. There needs to be accountability here. We care about our team and want a path back to respectability.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I mean how can they, why would they. Sportsnet, 650, Rogers overall, the Aquilini's, the Canucks organization, the media shills that keep the gearworks greased up. It's basically a racket. It's corruption.

TSN has no stake in this market so I'm glad they're showing what they are. I hope Donnie & Dhali, and Sekeres and Price keep up what they're doing. There needs to be accountability here. We care about our team and want a path back to respectability.

Which also funny since two TSN Vancouver media members, Farhan Lalji and Ray Ferraro pumped the tires on Travis Green getting re-signed.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Good performance last night. Canucks were dominant at evens and were only scored on while they either had no goalie or had only 3 players with sticks on the ice. The Canucks need to sort out their PK woes, but 5v3 and 4v3 PKs are far more determined by the offensive team executing and by goal-tending than what the penalty-killing skaters do. Once again, the Canucks just need Demko to make some saves on the PK. First goal against was a good screen by Landeskog, but goals 2 and 3 were soft.

Kadri goal 2: He completely loses his net on the Rantanen shot, pumps the rebound into the slot and then loses the net again trying to dive to make the save on the rebound.
Makar goal 3: Wide open shot, but one with little pre-shot movement. No screen, Demko is set, but gets beaten short-side.

Did you see how easily the Avs cut through our swiss cheese of a pk? 3-4 cross seam passes each time, our pp can't generate 3 cross seam passes in 10 games. It looked like a team that was practicing

"Demko loses the net" What were you watching? He was flopping around the crease because he had to make 2-3 desperation saves on back door plays and players that had open nets. Someone should have taken Kadri up front and not after he scored. Makar has one of the best shots in the game. No PK should give him that much space

You're like the guy that tried for a year to convince everyone that Markus Gralund was a better player the n Bo. Stop please

Reactions: Iron Mike Sharpe

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Did you see how easily the Avs cut through our swiss cheese of a pk? 3-4 cross seam passes each time, our pp can't generate 3 cross seam passes in 10 games. It looked like a team that was practicing

"Demko loses the net" What were you watching? He was flopping around the crease because he to make 2-3 desperation saves on back door plays and players that had open nets. Someone should have taken Kadri up front and not after he scored. Makar has one of the best shots in the game. No PK should give him that much space

You're like the guy that tried for a year to convinve everyone that Markus Gralund was a better player the n Bo. Stop please
:laugh::laugh::laugh: The Wrong Granlund
I've seen Jimbo stans are blaming Demko in the last 4 games because he can't be superhuman and cover for the bad defence that Jimmy has put togheter.

Feb 20, 2013

"Demko loses the net" What were you watching? He was flopping around the crease because he had to make 2-3 desperation saves on back door plays and players that had open nets. Someone should have taken Kadri up front and not after he scored. Makar has one of the best shots in the game. No PK should give him that much space

You're like the guy that tried for a year to convince everyone that Markus Gralund was a better player the n Bo. Stop please

Watch the Kadri goal again if you would like: Cross seam pass is made, but the shot isn't such a hard one that Demko should be lunging at it like he did. That first shot is his undoing. After that he is in scramble mode and never gets settled.

Go back and watch any number of PK goals against him in the last 2 weeks. It is the same old story: lunging saves, big rebounds and scrambles. He looks like he is making great saves, but half of them are because he doesn't control the initial easier shots.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Watch the Kadri goal again if you would like: Cross seam pass is made, but the shot isn't such a hard one that Demko should be lunging at it like he did. That first shot is his undoing. After that he is in scramble mode and never gets settled.

Go back and watch any number of PK goals against him in the last 2 weeks. It is the same old story: lunging saves, big rebounds and scrambles. He looks like he is making great saves, but half of them are because he doesn't control the initial easier shots.

Bruh that's like 3 high danger chances in a row

Rebound control has been a problem I'll give you that, but no Pk should be forcing their goalie to be perfect each time.

Look at how easily the Avs are getting to the middle of the ice, how easily their shots are going through and how easy it is for them to crash the crease

Last edited:

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
:laugh::laugh::laugh: The Wrong Granlund
I've seen Jimbo stans are blaming Demko in the last 4 games because he can't be superhuman and cover for the bad defence that Jimmy has put togheter.

This is how the team was built. It require the goalies to play amazing for them to win. Once he stops looking amazing, the team falls apart

likash

Apr 17, 2019

You are crazy my friend. Did you not see the saves he made before the goal? He will get injured and then you will see how we do with average golatending. We may lose 10 in a row.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

Dominant ? Haha.

Colorado showed up. Scored on the PP. never left second gear and still dictated the play. Sat on 1-0 for a period. Go down 2-1 and tie immediately. Take the lead and tick out the clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad