Post-Game Talk: Aves 3 Oiles 1 || Play it cool... play it cool... WE'RE GONNA WIN THE CUP!!!!1

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well my stream didn't exactly have HD quality so I can't comment on that.

At least the shot went in, so his aim is getting better.

It's actually getting worse, that's why he didn't bing it straight back out off the post.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
So what's our D next game with Wilson out?

Hunwick - EJ
Hejda - O'byrne
Zanon - Barrie?

Yikes

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Can you imagine how many goals Landy would score with Staz setting him up?

Agreed. If Avs were healthy, this looks like a good way to start

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Lando-Stazz-Jones
McCleod-Mitchell-Kobasew
Hejduk-Olver-Bords

EJ-Hunny
Hejda-Wilson
Zanon-Barrie

Of course, that's a big IF.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Good to hear. PA is quite adept at entering the offensive zone which should free up time and space for Duchene and Landeskog (when he's back). Okposo hasn't been up to snuff so far (he is the whipping boy now) and talk about PA's loss is starting to creep up over on the Isles board.

It's funny because I hated Parenteau his first season. His marked improvement last year won me over. I can't help root for the guy still. His goal total is definitely surprising because he's always been pass first.

He hasn't had a lot of goal scorers goals, but rather smart positioning, a bit of luck and perseverance around the net. He's been a good influence on the team and Duchy, that's for sure. I love how calm he is with the puck.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Good win, but despite the perfect home record this team is still a hot mess defensively.

Nice to see McGinn get off the schneid. You could tell he was elated...and relieved.

I felt that during the game the team was solid defensively save a few mistakes.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
So what's our D next game with Wilson out?

Hunwick - EJ
Hejda - O'byrne
Zanon - Barrie?

Yikes

You make it sound like Wilson's a top 4 dman. Our D is still the same as before. It's EJ plus a 60% chance of good Hejda showing up and the rest are all.....wild cards to put it nicely.

No one is gonna say "oh man, if Wilson was in the line-up tonight we might've had a chance to win" lol.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You make it sound like Wilson's a top 4 dman. Our D is still the same as before. It's EJ plus a 60% chance of good Hejda showing up and the rest are all.....wild cards to put it nicely.

No one is gonna say "oh man, if Wilson was in the line-up tonight we might've had a chance to win" lol.

Wilson wasn't top 4, but our other D aren't even NHL calibre right now.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Just watched the game, most encouraging thing I saw was that Sgarbossa was very calm out there, made smart and quick passes and wasn't a liability. I'm encouraged for his future.

Wilson can skate a little bit and make the occasional pass :laugh:
Hunwick was good today but I don't want to be playing with fire giving him these kinds of minutes for too long.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Love Ginner's game. Whether it's a big hit, a forecheck at blazing speed, or a dangerous scoring chance, he makes his presence known on every shift.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Love Ginner's game. Whether it's a big hit, a forecheck at blazing speed, or a dangerous scoring chance, he makes his presence known on every shift.

With a little bit of puck luck he'd be over a PPG, without really hitting his stride yet. Hopefully it's his breakout year.

NHL33*

Offensively I thought Duchene, McGinn and Parenteau were our best forwards. Duchene is continuing to play a very strong two-way game with more than adequate hockey IQ. I can't say the same for Stastny, but I am extremely pleased with Duchene thus far this season...and I don't feel it is a fluke what-so-ever.

Mitchell is doing a great job. Hopefully they keep Van Der Gulik up and send down Bordeleau...and send down Barrie as well, or else play him over O'Byrne.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Duchene is starting to play like the stud that we all expected that he'd be. I'm very happy that I kept him in my keeper league and didn't give up on him. I wasn't thrilled about him shooting the puck after the whistle but when I saw it live I was paying more attention to the clock than the horn. After seeing the replay other than the fact that he was rubbing salt in the wound it wasn't as bad as I had initially thought. Also glad that PAP is doing well for you guys, IMO he was underrated on the Islanders, everyone kept saying that he was a product of Tavares alone, but the guy has a lot of puck skill. Anyhow congrats on the win but hopefully it's your last one against us this year! :p:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
great win and a little bit surprising.

The season is still alive and kicking!

Last edited by a moderator:

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
First...why do you guys keep typing Avs as Aves? It looks weird.

Second gotta love in a game where he plays well...again Stastny still gets crapped on.

Third...it's about time Duchene started playing this well.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
At least when he is injured.

And let's see if the Sherm will use one of the 2 allocated free buy-outs on him.

David Jones will hit a classic David Jones hot streak with just enough time left in the season to save his contract.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I sat about a row behind the Edmonton bench yesterday. After that scrum at the end of the game, PAP was talking so much **** to their bench. It was pretty hilarious. Hejda also came by and gave them the death glare, and he's a pretty big dude up close.

Duchene was a monster. The hit on Hall was great.

EJ played great, and he actually did get a lot of his shots through to the net.

Hopefully Wilson isn't hurt too bad. He's one of the few defensemen who can move the puck.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Be the first to guess the final score (guesses after the game starts will NOT be counted!), and you get to choose my avatar for the next week (Lord have mercy, what am I doing?)

203282.png

Your Avatar good sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad