Avengers Endgame spoiler thread - stay out if you haven't seen the movie

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Is the idea that Cap was always worthy to lift the hammer and he just pretended he couldn’t in AoU?

That has to be it right? Cap suddenly becoming worthy after not being worthy would be super silly.
nah! it's just you do things in the heat of battle that you normally wouldn't/couldn't do. and once you do it, it becomes easer to do it again.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I too have thoughts about that. So the population just shows up to the spot that they became dusted in after the Thanos snap. Some people were on planes when they were dusted. Presumably, the pilots of these planes fell victim to said dusting. the planes crash. Where so the people reappear? In the sky only to fall to their deaths again? What about the people who were on these planes that crashed that weren't victims of the snap. They are still dead. What about the people who moved on with their lives and got remarried, fell in love with another, etc... So many unanswered questions.
Well, the story has never been about the general public; it's always focused more closely on how the heroes were affected. I'm sure there was some chaos, broken hearts, etc...but what's the point in showing all that?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I still cant figure out whats happening in the end scene of IW when Thanos is talking to young Gamora.

Can someome explain where they are and the context of how young Gamora knows whats happened?

Ive watched most of the Marvel movies but other then that know pretty well nothing about it. So I feel like im missing something that explains it.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still cant figure out whats happening in the end scene of IW when Thanos is talking to young Gamora.

Can someome explain where they are and the context of how young Gamora knows whats happened?

Ive watched most of the Marvel movies but other then that know pretty well nothing about it. So I feel like im missing something that explains it.

I was sure he was talking to her soul inside the soul stone, but now I don’t know. The soul stone never ended up having any importance (neither did the time stone funny enough)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was sure he was talking to her soul inside the soul stone, but now I don’t know. The soul stone never ended up having any importance (neither did the time stone funny enough)

There's sort of a hint of what it is, a metaphysical way station, when the Russos were talking about a deleted scene where Stark meets his daughter in that same place after using the gauntlet;

The Russos, in an appearance on the HappySadConfused podcast, said that a scene showed Tony interacting with a teenage Morgan immediately after snapping his fingers, similar to how Thanos went into the metaphysical world after he’d snapped his fingers. “There was an idea that we had that Tony was going to go into the metaphysical way station that Thanos goes in when he snapped his fingers. And that there was going to be a future version of his daughter in that way station,” Joe Russo said.

Avengers Endgame deleted scene took Tony Stark to the afterlife, here’s why it was cut

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

There's sort of a hint of what it is, a metaphysical way station, when the Russos were talking about a deleted scene where Stark meets his daughter in that same place after using the gauntlet;

Avengers Endgame deleted scene took Tony Stark to the afterlife, here’s why it was cut

Seems like a pretty large oversight to have that scene and provide absolutely zero context in either film what the hell is happening. Very unlike the MCU.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seems like a pretty large oversight to have that scene and provide absolutely zero context in either film what the hell is happening. Very unlike the MCU.

I guess they felt they could be ambiguous about it - whether it's a dream, or heaven, or the soul stone, it doesn't really matter.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I guess they felt they could be ambiguous about it - whether it's a dream, or heaven, or the soul stone, it doesn't really matter.

Well, I mean, it matters to at least me and my understanding of what happened. I surely cant be the only one. The MCU overall is very well executed, but a scene which makes no sense whatsoever with the information given to us is allowed to be criticized.

Sep 19, 2008

I still remember when they all came out of the portal it was the most epic moment in cinematic history

Listening to this makes me think back on that moment. Still haven't seen it again after seeing it opening night. :amazed:

Reactions: SeidoN

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So Marvel confirmed the "re-release" of Endgame this Friday. Makes sense with the timing of Spider-Man.

Anyway, this release will include an introduction video by Anthony Russo, an extra deleted scene, and a Far From Home sneak peak.

As it currently stands, Endgame is just under $37 mil away from Avatar. I personally don't think this release will get them over that mark, but I do think it'll bring it closer than I was originally thinking.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
So Marvel confirmed the "re-release" of Endgame this Friday. Makes sense with the timing of Spider-Man.

Anyway, this release will include an introduction video by Anthony Russo, an extra deleted scene, and a Far From Home sneak peak.

As it currently stands, Endgame is just under $37 mil away from Avatar. I personally don't think this release will get them over that mark, but I do think it'll bring it closer than I was originally thinking.

I hold a similar opinion as you. The one thing Endgame has going for it is the very lacklustre performance of June releases and a fairly light release schedule in July means that it may draw a decent audience if people just want to get out to the theatre, and nothing else really interests them. Summer holidays are here, and a ticket to Avengers is competitive with babysitting rates.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really like Avatar more than most but its still surprising to me just how much it made

I promised myself I wouldn't forget what the in-theatre experience was like.

I think it's probably the best 3D movie I've ever seen - watching the film in the right location was like being on a roller coaster ride.

It hasn't aged well because it loses a lot of its magic when you watch it on a regular television.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I promised myself I wouldn't forget what the in-theatre experience was like.

I think it's probably the best 3D movie I've ever seen - watching the film in the right location was like being on a roller coaster ride.

It hasn't aged well because it loses a lot of its magic when you watch it on a regular television.

Odds are looking like Avatar will hold that box office title a little longer. The Avengers re-release debuted last night and did about $1.9 million, on page for about $6M.

It gets it a little closer to Avatars total, but not likely going to be enough.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Odds are looking like Avatar will hold that box office title a little longer. The Avengers re-release debuted last night and did about $1.9 million, on page for about $6M.

It gets it a little closer to Avatars total, but not likely going to be enough.

As I’ve thought the whole time. This “re-release” just didn’t have enough to push it over. That, along with announcing that the Blu-Ray is only about a month away, doesn’t seems to help their push much. They’ll definitely close in on the number, but I think it’ll end about $15-20 million short.

In the end, though, I think this matters very little. Even if it did get past Avatar, it would be by the smallest margins, and I think avatar will probably re-release again before avatar 2 anyway.

With all the access people have to movies these days, it just seems like re-releases aren’t going to be huge, unless it’s a classic that’s being released way later down the line.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Went to the “re-release” tonight. My parents haven’t seen it yet, as they’ve slowly been catching up on the other marvel movies. Tonight was the last showing for any local theatre around me, and I have been wanting to see it again before I go to Spider-Man tomorrow.

My parents really enjoyed it. As did I, obviously.

The Stan Lee tribute is pretty great. Yeah, something that can be saved for DVD, but it was super enjoyable to watch.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

Thanos used the Time Stone to turn back time a few seconds in order to get the Mind Stone from Vision before Wanda destroyed it in IW

Not to mention, Dr. Strange used the Time Stone to find out the only way they were able to defeat Thanos

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Went to the “re-release” tonight. My parents haven’t seen it yet, as they’ve slowly been catching up on the other marvel movies. Tonight was the last showing for any local theatre around me, and I have been wanting to see it again before I go to Spider-Man tomorrow.

My parents really enjoyed it. As did I, obviously.

The Stan Lee tribute is pretty great. Yeah, something that can be saved for DVD, but it was super enjoyable to watch.

I saw it on Youtube. Surprising it still hasn't been deleted. Good tribute.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So.... Endgame may just be able to sneak past Avatar with the "re-release." It's definitely performed better than I expected.

Endgame is now just $6,752,672 short of Avatar. Made something like $8 million worldwide last week. Assuming it continues to stay in theaters for another month or so, I think it may just sneak by Avatar.

That said, it will be kind of funny when Disney re-releases Avatar to promote Avatar 2 and it takes the top spot back from Endgame.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Did Avatar just kill it internationally or something? I know I only know so many people, but when Avatar came out I don’t remember anyone seeing it more than once really. I know some people who’ve seen endgame/infinity war 5 times or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad