Avengers Endgame spoiler thread - stay out if you haven't seen the movie

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Captain Marvel is the Eric Lindros of the MCU. Only difference is that she actually takes out Scott Stevens, not the other way round. It's kinda fitting that people on a hockey board would complain about her attitude.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
While I’m excited for talk about the movie, I’m also interested to hear what people think about where the MCU is headed moving forward.

What an epic ending for Iron Man. SO well done. Just fantastic.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Probably my favourite moments:

Captain America fighting Captain America, thinking it's Loki.

Captain America whispering Hail Hydra!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Captain Marvel is the Eric Lindros of the MCU. Only difference is that she actually takes out Scott Stevens, not the other way round. It's kinda fitting that people on a hockey board would complain about her attitude.

Well, all these things with Captain Marvel being far away, Thor being fat and weak, Civil War between Avengers and so on - it's all because Avengers are too powerful and writers need to keep them at bay. If they were united and ready the whole Infinity War +Endgame would take like 1 minute to beat the s**t our of Thanos :laugh:

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain
Sep 19, 2008
I wish this was f***ing real.

9gzpp3drnru21.jpg

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just saw it this afternoon

I was pretty disappointed with the first couple of hours. Not a lot of action, so I was bored for the most part

The big battle was pretty epic though, and I did get major goosebumps when all the heroes returned, but other than that, there wasn't a lot to get excited about

I thought it was kinda silly that nobody relevant died during the battle except for Tony

Cap using Thor's hammer was awesome though!

Also wasn't a fan of Falcon taking over for Cap, and thought it should've gone to Bucky. Bucky has all the same physical abilities as Cap, so it would've made more sense. Plus, Falcon is a cool character to watch in battle scenes, so does he keep his flying suit, or has he been grounded in favour of donning Cap's shield?

I liked how Cap's story line ended though. Can't hate on the fact he got to spend his life with the woman he loved

Overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the film. 5/10 at best

I watched a bad cam quality version of Infinity War 3 or 4 times in the first week it came out, but I can't say I'm really looking forward to sitting through Endgame for a 2nd time

Last edited:

Brad Marchant

Feb 28, 2019
Infinity War is better overall... the first two hours of Endgame are paced weirdly (even though they are great still...feels like a different movie), but the last 1/3 of Endgame is so off the rails and epic that it puts it close.

I'd say the Final Act of Endgame>>>>Infinity War>>>Act 1 and 2 of Endgame.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Infinity War is better overall... the first two hours of Endgame are paced weirdly (even though they are great still...feels like a different movie), but the last 1/3 of Endgame is so off the rails and epic that it puts it close.

I'd say the Final Act of Endgame>>>>Infinity War>>>Act 1 and 2 of Endgame.
IW was non stop action, that’s what made it seem better (imo). Like going in you knew everything was on the line so you were cheering from start to finish. This movie starts off insanely quick, then slows things down after the beheading.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Endgame was fantastic. I have nothing to complain about with it at all

Incredible movie and I loved every bit of it. Sucks they killed iron man but oh well that was expected

I don't really get the complaints about the dialogue portions of this movie. It can't be ALL action all the time. Needs to develop the story and they had a ton to cover and it was enjoyable and had plenty of funny moments.

Final battle was badass though....when everyone started showing up and Captain America called Thor's hammer...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Endgame was fantastic. I have nothing to complain about with it at all

Incredible movie and I loved every bit of it. Sucks they killed iron man but oh well that was expected

I don't really get the complaints about the dialogue portions of this movie. It can't be ALL action all the time. Needs to develop the story and they had a ton to cover and it was enjoyable and had plenty of funny moments.

Final battle was badass though....when everyone started showing up and Captain America called Thor's hammer...

I understand people wanting action, but I’m glad they didn’t. Otherwise it’s basically just Infinity War Part II, which I’m glad they didn’t do. This was about an end to the entire saga, and it needed to be more than just fighting. The dialogue added character development and emotion, and man did it pay off in the end.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
If i'm being nitpicky:

Certain moments seemed to have political/sociological motivations (but if you care that much you're likely a loser). I know that they plan on turning Bucky into White Wolf, but I feel like Sam only became Captain America as a political/sociological message. I'm sure he'll be an amazing Captain American nonetheless. Also, Captain Marvel's haircut turned her into Captain Marvin. It was good that they were able to poke fun at it.

I think its about as good as a Super Hero movie can be. The only other two i rank up with it are Days of Future Past and Dark Knight

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
If i'm being nitpicky:

Certain moments seemed to have political/sociological motivations (but if you care that much you're likely a loser). I know that they plan on turning Bucky into White Wolf, but I feel like Sam only became Captain America as a political/sociological message. I'm sure he'll be an amazing Captain American nonetheless. Also, Captain Marvel's haircut turned her into Captain Marvin. It was good that they were able to poke fun at it.

I think its about as good as a Super Hero movie can be. The only other two i rank up with it are Days of Future Past and Dark Knight

Well, Falcon also takes Cap’s spot in the comics too, so it’s not like it’s a huge reach.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Then that is no longer an issue for me. My friend who is a giant comic fan told me that Winter Soldier took his place, so I kind of just believed him.

Well he’s not wrong either... they both have taken his place in the comics :laugh:

Should have specified that! Given the MCU’s versions of their relationships, though, I think Falcon makes more sense than Bucky.

Sep 19, 2008
I was legit sad on my way home. That shouldn’t happen for a movie character, but I definitely felt it. That shows how well it’s done.

Some jerk sent me a DM on Reddit basically saying "Iron man dies Thanos survives" :laugh: This was on Tuesday about 2 days before the movie came out. So when I went into the Theater on Thursday, all I could f***ing think about was what that jerk said. When it dwells on you that long, and then it happens on screen, it really wasn't a surprise to me. I probably would have been more emotional had that jerk not sent that DM.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad