Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Ended up getting tickets with my girlfriend from her roommate. Wasn’t planning on seeing it right away because I hate the fanboy crowd that laughs so hard at every joke you can’t hear the next 5 lines. But I can’t say I’m not super pumped!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ended up getting tickets with my girlfriend from her roommate. Wasn’t planning on seeing it right away because I hate the fanboy crowd that laughs so hard at every joke you can’t hear the next 5 lines. But I can’t say I’m not super pumped!

You should try a Finnish theater audience. People laugh at the jokes of course plus there's subtitles so you don't miss any lines, there's no "WOOOO!" during the movie and no one applauds after the movie because what's the point? The makers can't hear you.

Reactions: Roman Fell

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
So who bites the dust for good in this movie. Easy bet for me would be Captain America. 50/50 on Hulk and Iron Man. 25% Ant Man and Jarvis. I think everyone else will be safe once they reverse the 50% of people killed in the universe bit.

Watched the last Avengers movie again last month. I was reminded of Black Panther's girlfriend and Mom not being in the movie? No explanation given as to where they were...really reason was probably filming another movie:laugh: I wonder if they were part of the 50% killed or still alive?

Feb 24, 2017
You should try a Finnish theater audience. People laugh at the jokes of course plus there's subtitles so you don't miss any lines, there's no "WOOOO!" during the movie and no one applauds after the movie because what's the point? The makers can't hear you.
Do you remember Will Ferrell’s first scene in “wedding crashers”?
It’s when he is revealed as “chaz”, Vince Vaughn’s character’s mentor in wedding crashing.
I watched that movie in the theatre, and when Owen Wilson’s character knocks on the door, and will Ferrell emerges with the line “what the f*** do you want?!”, the entire theater stood up in a roaring standing ovation.

Like wtf man? They aren’t there to hear your appreciation. Sit down. Hush.

Sep 19, 2008
Watched for the first time Thor Ragnarock and then rewatched Infinity War on Netflix. Damn. The emotions.

I am ready.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
So who bites the dust for good in this movie. Easy bet for me would be Captain America. 50/50 on Hulk and Iron Man. 25% Ant Man and Jarvis. I think everyone else will be safe once they reverse the 50% of people killed in the universe bit.

Watched the last Avengers movie again last month. I was reminded of Black Panther's girlfriend and Mom not being in the movie? No explanation given as to where they were...really reason was probably filming another movie:laugh: I wonder if they were part of the 50% killed or still alive?

I still can't believe people are fixated on who's going to "die" in these movies. We just saw how many Avengers "die" last year and how many do you bet are going to come back in a week? For months people talked about how "Empire Strikes Back" Infinity War was going to be, and heck we're already seeing trailers for the next Spider-Man movie, a character that supposedly is dead.

My money is still on nobody really dying, and if they do, they'll come back in some way. Makes no sense for Marvel to kill off generational heroes who make them billions. And in movies where time travel is apparently easily done? My guess is still Cap. American or Iron Man "retire" in some way vs. really dying.

Sep 19, 2008
During my IW rewatch I noticed that the climax to this song is the same song as when he throws Gamora off the cliff (1:50)

:cry:

so TENSE

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I still can't believe people are fixated on who's going to "die" in these movies. We just saw how many Avengers "die" last year and how many do you bet are going to come back in a week? For months people talked about how "Empire Strikes Back" Infinity War was going to be, and heck we're already seeing trailers for the next Spider-Man movie, a character that supposedly is dead.

My money is still on nobody really dying, and if they do, they'll come back in some way. Makes no sense for Marvel to kill off generational heroes who make them billions. And in movies where time travel is apparently easily done? My guess is still Cap. American or Iron Man "retire" in some way vs. really dying.
Marvel will figure a way to write a handful of them out since they likely will not appear in future films. Everyone will say in a 2025 avenger movie why don’t they get X Avenger to help. Have to find a way to make them inactive from the roster.

Reality is that the actors contracts are up. They have other projects that they want to work on to have a diverse portfolio of roles under their belt. It’s hardest for Evans and Hemsworth since they have to bulk up for these roles.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Marvel will figure a way to write a handful of them out since they likely will not appear in future films. Everyone will say in a 2025 avenger movie why don’t they get X Avenger to help. Have to find a way to make them inactive from the roster.

Reality is that the actors contracts are up. They have other projects that they want to work on to have a diverse portfolio of roles under their belt. It’s hardest for Evans and Hemsworth since they have to bulk up for these roles.

But, Hemsworth has stated he will keep doing the Thor role if they allow.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don’t think RDJ will continue as Iron Man but it would be cool if he stayed on as Tony Stark and they introduced Riri Williams as Iron Heart

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

Yeah I get the contracts thing, like for example Bucky (actor who plays Bucky) is contracted for a bunch more films so I can see him taking up the CA shield if Steve Rogers dies/retires. But heck contracts can be reworked or new ones made. It's not like age is a factor anymore with the new technologies either.

My point is more along the lines of they can't really go for these deep emotional deaths when they went that route last year for several major characters and most or all will most likely return. Several we know will be returning based on upcoming films.

I'm still leaning towards some secondary characters perhaps getting whacked but the more prominent ones (IM/Hulk, CA, etc.) more like retiring and having cameo roles in future films.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah I get the contracts thing, like for example Bucky (actor who plays Bucky) is contracted for a bunch more films so I can see him taking up the CA shield if Steve Rogers dies/retires. But heck contracts can be reworked or new ones made. It's not like age is a factor anymore with the new technologies either.

My point is more along the lines of they can't really go for these deep emotional deaths when they went that route last year for several major characters and most or all will most likely return. Several we know will be returning based on upcoming films.

I'm still leaning towards some secondary characters perhaps getting whacked but the more prominent ones (IM/Hulk, CA, etc.) more like retiring and having cameo roles in future films.
Whether it’s a death, retirement, time displacement, another planet, etc., there will be members of the current cast that won’t be appearing in future avengers movies. At least in terms of having an action role.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Captain America is pretty much guaranteed dead. Chris Evans almost spilled the beans at a panel recently and Favreau cut him off and even then, it's been pretty obvious for years now. They have other options who can take up the shield, whether it be Bucky or Sam Wilson.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Captain America is pretty much guaranteed dead. Chris Evans almost spilled the beans at a panel recently and Favreau cut him off and even then, it's been pretty obvious for years now. They have other options who can take up the shield, whether it be Bucky or Sam Wilson.
I'm not too versed in the comic side of things. When (if) Steve dies in the comics, is there actually a Cap successor that takes the mantle in his place?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not too versed in the comic side of things. When (if) Steve dies in the comics, is there actually a Cap successor that takes the mantle in his place?
Yes, both Bucky and Falcon have taken up the mantle of captain America in the comics.

All of the original avengers signed pretty long term deals to do multiple movies. Meaning that they would have had to decline roles if there was a scheduling conflict.

Evans is turning 38 in June. Hemsworth turns 36 in August. These are the 2 guys who have to get the most buffed for their roles. Can certainly understand anyone walking away after doing this for 6 films over a decade.

Marvel would require a commitment as they have planned out the next several movies. How many more are they willing to sign in for?

High Jackman did Wolverine until he was like 48?

Of the original cast I could see RDJ doing short cameos. He doesn’t need to get buffed to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad