Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm not too versed in the comic side of things. When (if) Steve dies in the comics, is there actually a Cap successor that takes the mantle in his place?
Yes. Bucky takes up the shield in Brubakers run (until Steve comes back to life). Someone else carried the shield a lot during Steve Rogers' era as Nomad, and Sam has it for a period of time as well after Rogers lost his powers.

There's also a storyline of the "Captain America of the 50s" (when Rogers was an icicle) of a guy who wore the mantle and fought communism along with his "Bucky". I think they made that guy a racist in the comics though.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Superman is Superman though, kind of a special case. The whole death of Superman thing was a big marketing stunt to sell comics when they were never actually going to get rid of Superman. The point being made though was that they could just bring any character back, even long dead unimportant ones like Quicksilver, because 'that's what they always do in the comics'. Which is technically true.

That happens in comics though because they're a convoluted mess, I don't think you can get away with it in the MCU because there's a higher standard in place here. Outside of finding a way to undo the snap, characters who die should stay dead.
With Bucky and Todd both coming back to life, the only person who actually stays dead in comics is Uncle Ben.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’ve deleted YouTube and Instagram off my phone already. Still going back and forth on if I want to do the same with Reddit and Facebook. Only 3 more sleeps. We got this!

I've done an incredible job of just seeing reactions without getting anything spoiled. It's a fine line I walk here, but the thrill is amazing.

I can't wait to watch this movie. The early reactions have me excited. Sounds like the fan service is great, which is just awesome to hear. I had no reason to doubt the Russo brothers, though. I figured, at the very least, they would make an overly satisfying finish, even if there are some plot holes or whatever.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Which characters who died in Infinity War remain dead?
Vision and Loki. Everyone else is resurrected.

One character I forgot to include:
Gamora. Both her and Loki have re-appearences courtesy of time traveling through. But they don't last.

Heavy breathing

A new meme along these lines could be born:
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Am I the only one on this planet who isn't hyped to see this movie? I'm just like meh towards it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Marvel movies when I can see them, but I don't move Heaven and Earth to watch them, let alone salivate at the thought of seeing a new one coming out.

Guess i'm just not a huge fan?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Am I the only one on this planet who isn't hyped to see this movie? I'm just like meh towards it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Marvel movies when I can see them, but I don't move Heaven and Earth to watch them, let alone salivate at the thought of seeing a new one coming out.

Guess i'm just not a huge fan?

Congrats?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Nah, I just don't understand the hype I suppose. No need for the sarcastic post.

I just don’t understand why people go into a movie thread and post how they’re not excited for it. Especially if you’re not big into the MCU. Line it’s one thing if you’re big into it, but the movie doesn’t excite you. But if you’re not a big MCU person, why even post? No offense, but nobody cares that you’re not excited.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I somehow doubt Loki is truly dead. The guy has died more times than one could possibly count and come back perfectly fine.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I have been reading some spoiler-free reactions on Reddit just because it’s fun, and it’s been even more fun than usual.

Apparently there’s some plot leak going around, and people are freaking out that it’s true and don’t want it to be.

I just enjoy watching people freak out so much about a movie they haven’t seen, likely because of a leak that is either taken out of context, missing info, or partially fake.

It’s funny because I think I take this stuff seriously... but then I realize I’m not even close to the same level as some of these people.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I have been reading some spoiler-free reactions on Reddit just because it’s fun, and it’s been even more fun than usual.

Apparently there’s some plot leak going around, and people are freaking out that it’s true and don’t want it to be.

I just enjoy watching people freak out so much about a movie they haven’t seen, likely because of a leak that is either taken out of context, missing info, or partially fake.

It’s funny because I think I take this stuff seriously... but then I realize I’m not even close to the same level as some of these people.
I... never really care about plot leaks? Most of this shit is so ham-fisted (plot-wise), that getting bent out of shape about a detail slipping out borders on silly. The performances and effects make these movies fun, not the plot.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I... never really care about plot leaks? Most of this **** is so ham-fisted (plot-wise), that getting bent out of shape about a detail slipping out borders on silly. The performances and effects make these movies fun, not the plot.

That is very true. And who knows if it’s a valid critique or a “wow that didn’t go the way I wanted it to so I’m mad” kind of reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad