Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It would have been cool if they had gone the route the comics went, have Tony upload himself into “the network”. He becomes his own AI. It would have made a great end-credits scene to hear his voice coming out of a computer, “hey, is this thing on?”

Nah, have to save that impact for when they introduce Kang The Conqueror, played by RDJ.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Surprised this thread only 4 pages I guess everyone in an MCU thread or something?

So when do you think RDJ will cameo? I'm sure the death is permanent but you know he will be back at least once as a vision or flashback or from beyond the grave.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Surprised this thread only 4 pages I guess everyone in an MCU thread or something?

So when do you think RDJ will cameo? I'm sure the death is permanent but you know he will be back at least once as a vision or flashback or from beyond the grave.

This is Part 2. Plus there was a long thread for spoilers discussion.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It would have been cool if they had gone the route the comics went, have Tony upload himself into “the network”. He becomes his own AI. It would have made a great end-credits scene to hear his voice coming out of a computer, “hey, is this thing on?”

I didn't care whether or not they did that, but I did kind of expect that to happen. But it probably has to do with them not wanting to just use RDJ's voice. That'd probably cost a lot of money just to have him do a voice-over role. Also, if RDJ is going to still be a part of the MCU, you may as well just have kept him alive.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah having Tony become an AI takes away from his end.

Save his next appearance for a motivating from beyond the grave sort of thing in the next Saga's conclusion.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Having watched the final battle scene a few times, a couple of things just occurred to me:

1. Wouldn't Thanos' army have advanced weaponry capable of taking out the Wakandans and Asgardians? And on the flip side, shouldn't the Wakandans have advanced weaponry as well? Instead, both armies run at each other like a scene out of Braveheart rather than shooting at each other from across the battlefield

2. Why doesn't Thor do this at the beginning of the battle? (skip to the 1:15 mark)

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Having watched the final battle a scene a few times, a couple of things just occurred to me:

1. Wouldn't Thanos' army have advanced weaponry capable of taking out the Wakandans and Asgardians? And on the flip side, shouldn't the Wakandans have advanced weaponry as well? Instead, both armies run at each other like a scene out of Braveheart instead of shooting at each other from across the battlefield

2. Why doesn't Thor do at the beginning of the battle? (skip to the 1:15 mark)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Having watched the final battle a scene a few times, a couple of things just occurred to me:

1. Wouldn't Thanos' army have advanced weaponry capable of taking out the Wakandans and Asgardians? And on the flip side, shouldn't the Wakandans have advanced weaponry as well? Instead, both armies run at each other like a scene out of Braveheart instead of shooting at each other from across the battlefield

It's almost like...it's a movie

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Thor just arrived, didn't he? He was not there when the fight started.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Thor just arrived, didn't he? He was not there when the fight started.

I was referring to the end battle scene in Endgame

He just runs straight ahead and zaps a few aliens with his lightning instead of taking them all out with his lightning jump

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I was referring to the end battle scene in Endgame

He just runs straight ahead and zaps a few aliens with his lightning instead of taking them all out with his lightning jump
Don't know. But Thor is often arrogant. Or perhaps he thought it looked cooler. ;)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Having watched the final battle scene a few times, a couple of things just occurred to me:

1. Wouldn't Thanos' army have advanced weaponry capable of taking out the Wakandans and Asgardians? And on the flip side, shouldn't the Wakandans have advanced weaponry as well? Instead, both armies run at each other like a scene out of Braveheart rather than shooting at each other from across the battlefield

2. Why doesn't Thor do this at the beginning of the battle? (skip to the 1:15 mark)

A battle scene would just be boring with them shooting at each other from across the battlefield. It looked way cooler from them to run across head on.

Plus his outrider army was the main one in the battle, they don't really use weapons as far as I know, just brute force. Don't recall seeing many Chitauri in the battle, they are the ones who use weapons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad