Movies: Avengers 4 - Endgame II

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Saw it once by myself, saw it again last night with my sister and will probably see it again with my dad soon

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't like the 2 stars - don't ask me why because, TBH, I don't have a rational explanation as to why I don't like them.
I really hate Seth Rogen - been in some stuff I like but he's never been the reason I've liked said stuff. I really have no feelings about Theron one way or another.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I really hate Seth Rogen - been in some stuff I like but he's never been the reason I've liked said stuff. I really have no feelings about Theron one way or another.
I really hate the movies Seth Rogen makes - they're all the same. I want them to bomb so he goes away.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Doesn’t look you’re gonna get your wish with Long Shot. It’ll lose some because of Endgame, but it’s being received very well overall.
The critics always love movies by Seth Rogen or Judd Apatow - even when they are junk, so the positive reviews are a given.

I just hope everyone who didn't see "Endgame" last week, sees it this week, and Long Shot has a weak opening.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Long Shot only brought in $3.6M last night - 300K behind The Intruder. :thumbu:

Endgame brought in $40.6M last night and torched any interest people had in the most recent Seth Rogan garbage.

Endgame just became my favourite movie. ;)

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Endgame is going to at least be very close to passing Titanic on the all-time list by the end of the weekend. Currently at $1.9 billion, with at least another $100K expected just domestically.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Endgame falls just shy of 60% of its second weekend domestically for about $145M.

Its not a bad drop for a record breaking blockbuster, but, it needed to be a little higher to have a decent chance at breaking The Force Awakens record.

It doesn't beat Titanics worldwide numbers to be second all times behind Avatar with just under $2.2B. It'll need anything additional $600M to catch Avatar, which it still stands a good chance to do, but it will start losing screens next week, so it isn't a guarantee.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
One thing that’ll hurt Endgame moving forward is the run time. Not only less screenings, but it’s a big commitment to go watch it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
ILwVxl7.png

Reactions: Deadpool8812

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So do these actors salary increase if they pass certain thresholds similar to bonus salaries in sports? I mean it might seem odd if Downey Jr. agreed for 20 million to do this film, but since it already passed 1 to 2 billion then he's out of a lot of money.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So do these actors salary increase if they pass certain thresholds similar to bonus salaries in sports? I mean it might seem odd if Downey Jr. agreed for 20 million to do this film, but since it already passed 1 to 2 billion then he's out of a lot of money.
Depends on the contract. A lot of them have some points on the net, but that's normally reserved for massive stars (Tom Cruise tier). Whether RDJ or Chris Evans had it? I would honestly be rather shocked.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Depends on the contract. A lot of them have some points on the net, but that's normally reserved for massive stars (Tom Cruise tier). Whether RDJ or Chris Evans had it? I would honestly be rather shocked.
Depends on whether any have signed new deals since their original contracts. RDJ definitely is no longer on his original deal. Same within Hemsworth. Evans he signed for 6 movies initially. So, not sure if the cameos he did in Thor 2, Spider man, count as part of the 6 or not.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He made percentage of the movie's income. He made 75 million for Infinity War and will make more for Endgame.

Robert Downey Jr expected to make $75m for Avengers: Endgame

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
And the actual Sunday numbers could raise those numbers 5-10 million.
I'm surprised people measuremday by day numbers. It seems like inflating for the purpose of calling more things record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad