Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche warning. December 5, 7 pm. (Primeau confirmed starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Smart move. The crowd knows the kid is making his NHL debut and will be behind him, even if he falters. Much better than starting in hostile, rowdy MSG.
I disagree. Crowd shouldn't matter. The Avs are a high scoring team filled with talent. The Rangers.. are not. Trial by fire for Primeau.

Reactions: Acadien86

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That loosing streak has changed their focus where they were humbled and I don't think the take anything lightly moving forward... at least not in the short span!
I keep wondering about this. I believe we can unlearn bad habits, however there's often a long gap between recognizing the problem and actually fixing it. It took the Habs three years to make progress with their pitiful PP. This season, how many times have the Habs been scored on in the final minute? How many times have they caved in the 3rd period? Once again, last game, they came perilously close to blowing their lead in the final minutes. We know it, they know it, but it keeps happening.

Keep in mind that during their 8-game winless streak, the Habs scored first 5 times and were ahead a sixth time. They obviously recognize this ongoing issue, but all the humility in the world hasn't fixed it yet.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Avs are starting the back up goalie ..Pavel Francouz.
I wanted to report this post.

It says something when almost all teams start their backups lol.

League to other 30 teams:

Ok mtl sucks so play your backups to make them look good cause they are a historic team that brings in alot of money. Oh the reason they suck is the taxes and no one wants to play there. Except Gallagher.. and pleckanec. And koivu.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
No other arguments for firing Julien are required.
Right.. like has he even tried kotka or Suzuki on the top two lines with our most capable offensive wingers for 1 game? No.. apparently practicing against your own team is a tell take sign how you'll perform against other teams.

Smh.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I disagree. Crowd shouldn't matter. The Avs are a high scoring team filled with talent. The Rangers.. are not. Trial by fire for Primeau.

But another factor is the Avs are playing on a back to back and we'd be playing the Rangers on a back to back...

Reactions: Lemonlimey

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Frankly it reeks of desperation to me.

They don't think they can beat Colorado, so they're gonna let Primeau get roasted and have Price secure the win against the Rangers. Belief is probably, they likely lose with Price tonight.. and Primeau could be shaky in his first start v. Rangers, so they could go 0-2 in that scenario.

Development be damned, intelligence be damned, gotta sacrifice it all to go 1-1.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I wanted to report this post.

It says something when almost all teams start their backups lol.

League to other 30 teams:

Ok mtl sucks so play your backups to make them look good cause they are a historic team that brings in alot of money. Oh the reason they suck is the taxes and no one wants to play there. Except Gallagher.. and pleckanec. And koivu.

More like let's play our backup goalie against them since they struggle against no name goaltenders.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Feel like it's one of those situations where either the young goalie gets lit up or going to be unbeatable.

Here's hoping for unbeatable.

RandR

May 15, 2011
There's both pros and cons to be made for either night, so I am fine with Primeau going tonight instead of tomorrow.

Aside from the obvious ones with the Avs being on the back end of back-to-back tonight with their backup goalie, if the Habs are going to be in this game right to the end then Weber and Chiarot may be needed to play up to another 30 minutes each like last game. I can't imagine they will be anywhere near as effective tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is also the 2nd game of a back to back against the Rangers who will be playing at home. Without last call on the matchups, tomorrow would be far more difficult for the Habs to have the defense pairings they want on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad