Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche warning. December 5, 7 pm. (Primeau confirmed starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Last night the leafs got outplayed IMO. Spezza gaff hurt but the Avs were a better team.

I think that if they play anything like they played last night... we are Forsure going to get an L this game.

They looked really really strong and with our pore filled defense.... I think we are in for a beating.

But to ensure a minimum positively level of my post I will say the habs surprise me and we win 3-2 Go Marc GO
GHG!!!!:spud:
Yeah, our only chance is to clog the neutral zone and bore their forwards to death. A defensive-system game worked against NYI and is the Habs' only shot against the Avs' awesome talent. In that area we're a better team than Toronto. Oh - and no weak goals by Price would be nice.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, our only chance is to clog the neutral zone and bore their forwards to death. A defensive-system game worked against NYI and is the Habs' only shot against the Avs' awesome talent. In that area we're a better team than Toronto. Oh - and no weak goals by Price would be nice.

Now, you're asking for too much.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I watched the game last night, they're more physical than I thought. Least # of goals allowed in the 3rd period in the NHL.

Domi vs. Kadri should be fun to watch, cause we all know MacKinnon will manhandle Danault's line.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I watched that game here and there last night and I thought it was very tight on both sides with limited scoring chances. Habs #1 problem is exiting our zone and the turnovers by the forwards before the blue line are killing us! This also puts a lot of pressure on our D and I do think Petry is mentally exhausted from it.

Habs defensive-system did work against the Islanders but the Avs are a different type team with more fire power IMO. We need to limit the scoring chances or the Avs will make us pay! I do think the forwards and D are starting to chip the puck out at the cost of puck possession against the Islanders here and there and that's what we should have been doing. Puck management is a question mark and when you have the centers we have, it's a struggle.

Habs will be ready though! That loosing streak has changed their focus where they were humbled and I don't think they take anything lightly moving forward... at least not in the short span!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad