Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche warning. December 5, 7 pm. (Primeau confirmed starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Hopefully the kid has a great game.Nice to see the kids get a chance and something to get excited about watching a Habs game for once.Hasn't been too much to look forward to lately with this team.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
There is no harm in giving Primeau a NHL start at the age of 20. Hart played 31 games last year at 20 and Primeau has better AHL numbers than him.

The harm in development would be to play him more and more and destroy his confidence if he struggles. You can look at it the other way around... he gets to face NHL shots and he can measure his own development based on how he does and what he needs to focus on. Habs are not going to let him sit as the full time back-up where he doesn't play as much as the AHL. That would be an example of bad development.

Each player's development should be managed individually. There is no for sure one way or another plan that you can apply to every prospect equally.

Exactly this. Even if he turns out to be the best backup option among Kinkaid/Lindgren/Primeau, they can use Primeau in games where the backup is starting and send him to Laval to get games and have Kinkaid or Lindgren warm the bench in Prices starts. Both have cleared waivers so they have 10 games and 30 roster days each before they would have to be exposed again.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Hope the D and team keep it up and not leave the rookie high and dry.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't get this one, I'm all good with giving Primeau a game but why not in NY against a weaker team especially considering Price played like crap against the Rags 2 weeks ago.
Anyways, I really hope the kid has an amazing game!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Imagine if we win tonight cause Primeau plays well and lose tomorrow night cause Price does not play well? Habs fans and their zoomed in evaluation focus will be in full force! :laugh:

I don't think a game will make management go crazy but the fans for sure will.
However I will say that if Primeau does look good (not just 1 game) the Habs will have to figure out if they wish to content or keep the rebuilding going and potentially trade
Price, Weber and Petry.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't get this one, I'm all good with giving Primeau a game but why not in NY against a weaker team especially considering Price played like crap against the Rags 2 weeks ago.
Anyways, I really hope the kid has an amazing game!

If I had to bet on it, I would of bet that Price played tonight. Huge mistake? Meh... I don't believe so but it is not the norm or the predictable choice.

Could be a few things to factor in that they might of talked about...

- Home game to give Primeau a taste of the Bell Center pressure in terms of the Hero or Zero fan approach. It's good test and we can see if he has the "it" factor.

- 2nd game on the back/back for the Avs and they might be a bit tired. Plus Price gets the Rangers who might give us a better probability of getting the most points of out 4?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think a game will make management go crazy but the fans for sure will.
However I will say that if Primeau does look good (not just 1 game) the Habs will have to figure out if they wish to content or keep the rebuilding going and potentially trade
Price, Weber and Petry.

You never know... this might be a showcase start. Pretty sure Bergevin talked to the Devils GM about Hall in preliminary trade discussions already. So you better bet they talked about Primeau's value and maybe Bergevin didn't like what he heard about Primeau and said... hold my beer ;)

If Primeau plays very well, it could get interesting in a number of ways

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If I had to bet on it, I would of bet that Price played tonight. Huge mistake? Meh... I don't believe so but it is not the norm or the predictable choice.

Could be a few things to factor in that they might of talked about...

- Home game to give Primeau a taste of the Bell Center pressure in terms of the Hero or Zero fan approach. It's good test and we can see if he has the "it" factor.

- 2nd game on the back/back for the Avs and they might be a bit tired. Plus Price gets the Rangers who might give us a better probability of getting the most points of out 4?

Maybe but that didn't work well last time we faced the Rags. I get the mindset behind it though, let's hope it doesn't backfire into an ugly back to back games!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe but that didn't work well last time we faced the Rags. I get the mindset behind it though, let's hope it doesn't backfire into an ugly back to back games!

Honestly, I expect more up and down for the whole year and if (big if) we make the playoffs, I don't expect those centers to take us far. These are growing pain years and yes, year 8 of Bergevin. The drafting from 17+ and trading Patch has us on a new direction (like it or not).

So yeah, as a fan, I have my eyes on the long game, not short game. In the short span, we are going to try several things while our youth matures and develops further. The 21 off season is a huge fork in the road.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Ahoy Hab friends, Avs fan here to say you’ll always be my favorite Canadian team. Look forward to seeing Kotkaniemi tonight he was a really fun player to follow during that draft. And we can always agree together that Toronto misfortunes are blessings to all the hockey world.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Ahoy Hab friends, Avs fan here to say you’ll always be my favorite Canadian team. Look forward to seeing Kotkaniemi tonight he was a really fun player to follow during that draft. And we can always agree together that Toronto misfortunes are blessings to all the hockey world.

Both KK and Suzuki are starting to find another level in their game. Kotka is getting faster but is still behind Suzuki ( Suzuki is 1 year older ). Suzuki is finding alot of confidence and is an incredibly smart stable player. Suzuki reminds me of a really good San Jose player. Pavelski.. Thornton.. .

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Avs better lose tonight cause if the Habs loose, we going to take it out on you. But it won't be as bad as what the Leafs do though :laugh:

Lots of pressure on our 20 year old goalie prospect tonight. It's a big test for him with the Avs... even if it's a back/back situation!

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad