GDT: Avalanche vs Senators 1/16/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) Let's forget about yesterday!

Goalie woes got you down? Just click here!

• Here

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I'm not clicking that.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • My SSN is...

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Damn highlights only show the Sens goals, but Justus saved at 90%. Were there any big saves? How was he overall?

Nice for Malinski to get back that goal!

One of the positives with Annunen waa that there were a few times he had nice rebound control that you wouldnt expect with the other two goalies.

Its only one game though. So its hard to say if its something you can consistently expect.

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
Hi to everyone. I've been reading this Forum for a decade and decided to register. Had to watch this game just because Annunen was starting. I've been following he's career since Kärpät and I can confidently say that he will be a legit nhl starter. This game wasnt perfect but what can you expect? Just a reminder, Annunen is 23 year old! There has been quite a few goalies from Finland that have had a pretty good career in the nhl. Can you guess how many of those have been this far in their career at the age of 23? Record in the finnish liiga, 80+ games in the a.hl with pretty good stats and had even got a change to start in the nhl? Literally only one goalie (correct me if I'm wrong) and he is someone named Tuukka Rask (and Saros, I was corrected). Just saying...

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Hi to everyone. I've been reading this Forum for a decade and decided to register. Had to watch this game just because Annunen was starting. I've been following he's career since Kärpät and I can confidently say that he will be a legit nhl starter. This game wasnt perfect but what can you expect? Just a reminder, Annunen is 23 year old! There has been quite a few goalies from Finland that have had a pretty good career in the nhl. Can you guess how many of those have been this far in their career at the age of 23? Record in the finnish liiga, 80+ games in the a.hl with pretty good stats and had even got a change to start in the nhl? Literally only one goalie (correct me if I'm wrong) and he is someone named Tuukka Rask. Just saying...

Hi to everyone. I've been reading this Forum for a decade and decided to register. Had to watch this game just because Annunen was starting. I've been following he's career since Kärpät and I can confidently say that he will be a legit nhl starter. This game wasnt perfect but what can you expect? Just a reminder, Annunen is 23 year old! There has been quite a few goalies from Finland that have had a pretty good career in the nhl. Can you guess how many of those have been this far in their career at the age of 23? Record in the finnish liiga, 80+ games in the a.hl with pretty good stats and had even got a change to start in the nhl? Literally only one goalie (correct me if I'm wrong) and he is someone named Tuukka Rask. Just saying...
Welcome to HFAvs!

You are forgetting Saros, at least.

Annunen has a lot of work to do before he's a legit starter. I would be happy if he was a good backup for the 2025-2026 season.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Welcome to the suck. Most of us are still hopeful to tank into a Bedard pick. I actually think Fatty had a pretty good game last night.

• Haha
Reactions: katfude

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

You played a good game Üter.

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
Welcome to HFAvs!

Your are forgetting Saros, at least.

Annunen has a lot of work to do before he's a legit starter. I would be happy if he was a good backup for the 2025-2026 season.
And yeah, Saros of course, my bad. Sure Annunen has still a lot of work to be done. He's not very athletic and positioning was kinda of sometimes.. still, he is very young and has allready proven to be confident and very, very talented. Lets see how he looks after 20-30 games in the nhl. He did let 1-2 kind of easy goals in this game and I have to admit that I was worried it would destroy he's confidence and the game would be done. Somehow he managed to keep it together and played a decent game after all.

And by the way, I love the Annunen memes. :D

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Damn highlights only show the Sens goals, but Justus saved at 90%. Were there any big saves? How was he overall?

Nice for Malinski to get back that goal!
I thought Justus was ok. I will give him credit he did prove that yes indeed a goalie can make a save when the defense screws up but the shot isn't all world.

In seriousness he played well enough to get another shot. We played horrendously in front of him and did a good job keeping us in the game. Had we played that poorly in front of George it would have been an easy loss with the way he has been playing.

Reactions: RECKLESS

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Big Sam Malinski is a BAMF on the blue line. As I said last night he does things on the ice that cannot be taught, a player either has those skills or they don't. Un-teachable skills are hard to value, I believe that when a team finds these skills in a player they must find a way to utilize that player and their skills on the ice.

Avs have something there. He has great instincts on the ice. When you watch him you can see that there's more to come as well. I like him more than Byram tbh. I see more potential for a sound defenceman than with Bo.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Annunen gave us more saves than Georgiev would’ve given us last night. 4.37xGA last night, Annunen did all you can ask of him and gave us a chance to win. With Georgiev in net the team would’ve folded after he lets in 3 in the 1st.

Reactions: katfude

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
No, we don't do the dots on top of that.

Jüstüs Ännünën.
Üter does though.

1705503555662.png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Big Sam Malinski is a BAMF on the blue line. As I said last night he does things on the ice that cannot be taught, a player either has those skills or they don't. Un-teachable skills are hard to value, I believe that when a team finds these skills in a player they must find a way to utilize that player and their skills on the ice.
He looks like Makar out there

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Another good game from Malinski. I always liked that signing. People were way to quick to write him off after his first call up. He is developing real well so far. The offense and outlet passes are there. He definitely has some Makar-style in him especially in those areas with worst skating. He is also not as bad as some here makes him out to be on defense. He has work to do in that department but IMO he is holding his own. Keep improving defensively and we might have a pretty good top-4 RHD which are hard to get in the NHL.

As for the game...great teams find ways to win when they have injuries.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Only saw the highlights, but Annunen good, bad, or meh? I saw he looked slower than ever, but also faced 40 shots even if some of those goals were Georgiev-bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad