GDT: Avalanche vs Senators 1/16/24 @ 5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) Let's forget about yesterday!

Goalie woes got you down? Just click here!

• Here

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I'm not clicking that.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • My SSN is...

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is it me or did Annunen had a 900 save percentage in this one? When was the last time an Avs goalie had a 900 percentage? Was it last season?

Helps the save percentage when you face 40 shots. Thought he looked a little shaky early, but got better as the game went on. A few of those goals were savable though, just like Goergie's.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Helps the save percentage when you face 40 shots. Thought he looked a little shaky early, but got better as the game went on. A few of those goals were savable though, just like Goergie's.
Yeah, but it also helped that the Avs were playing one of the worst teams and I believe they allow the most goals in the NHL. Avs would lose this if they were playing a better team. CMac really needs to get a good back up ASAP. He even said he’s worried about Georgiev playing another 60 plus games this season, but it’s unclear if that was a message to Bednar to not play Georgiev as much or he’s actually gonna trade for a goalie

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Before everyone goes on a bender remember it was Ottawa tonight.

I am very eager to see what this 2nd string line up can do against the Bruins and the Flyers on their home ice.

Until then, I will offer congrats to the Avs for the comeback, for spreading the scoring around, for having a guy get his 1st NHL goal, for hitting the open net and for supporting the fat kid who was in net.

But the latter is not the answer if Georgie goes down.

Yeah, but it also helped that the Avs were playing one of the worst teams and I believe they allow the most goals in the NHL. Avs would lose this if they were playing a better team. CMac really needs to get a good back up ASAP. He even said he’s worried about Georgiev playing another 60 plus games this season, but it’s unclear if that was a message to Bednar to not play Georgiev as much or he’s actually gonna trade for a goalie
CMac has a pretty daunting to do list in front of him. I'll be surprised if he gets even one need (2C?) filled.

Reactions: the_fan

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Watching the eagles tonight. The team plays hard and cycles well but just very little creativity. Could have a few more good call ups. Please no more Mcdermaid.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So how many do we give up tonight if George was in net? My guess is 7 and we'd been in a 7-7 OT thriller.

Seriously though Annunen was great as that was easily the worst defensive game we've played in a month.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So how many do we give up tonight if George was in net? My guess is 7 and we'd been in a 7-7 OT thriller.

Seriously though Annunen was great as that was easily the worst defensive game we've played in a month.

Probably no different. Some of his goals were just as savable as Georgiev's. We just (understandably) have lower expectations for Justus.

Reactions: Elbombatzo

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Sadly for the senators, it looks as though I was right when I called the Giroux signing the equivalent of the Avs signing Iginla. Now it didn't work for the Avs for the same reasons because Iggy was well past his prime and no one else on the team seemed to dare to 'outplay' him so they all seemingly played down to his level and that's not quite what's happening with the sens and that jackass Giroux but it appears to be working just as well as it did for the Avs when they signed him to that 3 year contract.

Giroux has always been a big huge loser. He never won anything in Philly and when he was traded as 'the missing piece' at the TDL for the Panthers, they folded faster than Superman on laundry day. He then goes on to sign with Ottawa and somehow, a team filled with a ton of good young talent can't seem to even come close to making the playoffs.

I don't think you can win with a guy like that. Tonight, he takes an OBVIOUS slashing penalty on Makar's hands just as he's about to shoot then not only complains and yells at the refs before he goes to the box, he actually goes back for another round AFTER his penalty. Hey dickhead, you f***ing slashed him - own up to your mistake and move-on.

They showed him on the bench yelling at the refs because he thought there should be no icing in the 3rd period.
PXL_20240117_031218106.jpg
What a f***ing loser... The best thing to ever happen to the Avs was that he went to the Panthers. We didn't need that dink to win the Cup!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
George has played like shit all season. It's not a stretch to say on the 3 prime chances we gave up in the first he would have not made the saves. It's just a reasonable deduction.

George hasn't played that well this year, and has struggled with soft goals, but this is only a reasonable deduction if you ignore that he's also made some very good saves to keep the team in games.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Good thing about this game is our big guns only played like 23 minutes. Hopefully annunen can be a reliable back up so George can get some rest and maybe regain form. Glad to have little less doom and gloom here for change

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
nevr knew the whole " duchene " drama when it happened

so was he a problem in the locker room ?
He wasn’t a problem in the locker room, but it was very much ‘his’ team.

Once he got traded it gave room for Mack to shine and have a voice, it was no longer Duchene being the focal point of the team.

Reactions: TheGrimReaper

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He wasn’t a problem in the locker room, but it was very much ‘his’ team.

Once he got traded it gave room for Mack to shine and have a voice, it was no longer Duchene being the focal point of the team.
Idk based on some of the reactions from the guys it seemed like, while maybe not a cancer or anything, but Duchene had certainly worn his welcome out in CO.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Idk based on some of the reactions from the guys it seemed like, while maybe not a cancer or anything, but Duchene had certainly worn his welcome out in CO.
Oh I don’t disagree. He asked for a trade the season prior. It’s his job, but it’s hard to pretend he gives a shit when he has his bags packed.

IIRC it was also his comments post-trade about playing with actual talent and a playoff team that really set Avs’ players off.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh I don’t disagree. He asked for a trade the season prior. It’s his job, but it’s hard to pretend he gives a shit when he has his bags packed.

IIRC it was also his comments post-trade about playing with actual talent and a playoff team that really set Avs’ players off.
Maybe. I feel like the issues were a little more than that it was his team at the time personally. But I guess that whole situation is a bit complex.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It’s something I work with my goalies on a ton.

I had a parent once question why I spend so much time on that; wrapping pucks around the boards, reversing passes behind the net, etc. I try to explain to them how much better and healthier your defense is when they have a goalie who can retrieve pucks, the significantly less wear and tear on them over the course of a season pays big dividends.

No defenseman likes knowing his goalie can’t and won’t handle the puck, you’re either going to rush retrievals or get hammered over and over by a strong forechecking team.
Especially as a smaller defender it's so nice to have a goalie that can get the puck and protect you from a few high speed collisions per game. I hate the trapezoid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad