GDT: Avalanche vs Red Wings 2/22/24 @5:00 PM (Emergency GDT) In the house of our old Rivals.

What's the best American candy bar?

• Total voters

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I’m saying if it was a priority for the front office to fix, they could have found a solution. More than Lindholm has been available over the past two years.
This magical solution is fairy dust man. I’m with you and others that was pissed Manson was kept over kadri. If management continues to make boneheaded decisions like that. It ain’t gonna get no better. With multiple teams looking for centers and only lindholm and monohan the only ones moving. Maybe it wasn’t as possible as we’d like. The Avs tried to move and get ryjo, he sucks. But I’ve given the Avs the benefit of the doubt. They deserved it.

They’ve aquired kadri, butrky, Towes, lehky, nuke, and more. No one’s perfect

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The rentals were expensive imagine what teams are gonna ask for that would fix our 2c hole. Especially if their young and have term… we’d have to over pay some omingodly sum

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This magical solution is fairy dust man. I’m with you and others that was pissed Manson was kept over kadri. If management continues to make boneheaded decisions like that. It ain’t gonna get no better. With multiple teams looking for centers and only lindholm and monohan the only ones moving. Maybe it wasn’t as possible as we’d like. The Avs tried to move and get ryjo, he sucks. But I’ve given the Avs the benefit of the doubt. They deserved it.
Lindholm, Monahan, ROR (x2), Horvat, and PLD all changed teams since Kadri signed. This doesn’t get into the other fringe names either or the guys who have been/are on the market. Each year a few 2C types change hands. There is merit is staying out of some… but missing on everything is leading to wasted seasons. It isn’t over yet… but if the deadline comes and goes without a good move, there should be some heat.

Reactions: Pokecheque

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Teams aren’t gonna make trades just because they’re the Avs. It has to benefit them as well. It sounded like the Avs were in on lindholm. We don’t know why it didn’t go through.. teams aren’t gonna make trades like some of you think they aren’t gonna trade promising young players for scraps. We rag on girad and byram. You think teams are chomping at the bits for them. If you think so you’re wrong.

We hear it all the time the Avs are gonna have to make a decision this summer,,, and the offers up of our expendable players always seems to have those two guys name in it
Agreed takes 2 to tango. You can't tell me that out of 31 other teams, there isn't one that has any interest in any of our available assets.

Reactions: lionsDen

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
I had typed out a long winded response to this but it’s not even worth it. Makar isn’t overrated because of a meh couple months of hockey where he is clearly fighting something. Give your f***ing head a shake.
glad to pull you aboard. Makar could be so much more , but hes5 a momma 's boy

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
On the road? nah lol. Hey atleast they won a few years ago. Can you imagine if they Avs lost? Might never win one with this core if that didnt happen. Alas they got one atleast.
IMG_2542.jpeg

Reactions: The Kingslayer

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Lindholm, Monahan, ROR (x2), Horvat, and PLD all changed teams since Kadri signed. This doesn’t get into the other fringe names either or the guys who have been/are on the market. Each year a few 2C types change hands. There is merit is staying out of some… but missing on everything is leading to wasted seasons. It isn’t over yet… but if the deadline comes and goes without a good move, there should be some heat.
The Avs tried to address that in the offseason with ryjo. @4million that’s a pretty solid bet. That fell on its face. The Avs have been really savvy over the last couple years. I’m glad with missed out on monohan. I don’t think ROR will ever wanna come back my like stastny. Hovrat and lindholm I feel are legit. PLD had way too many red flags for my liking. I wonder if Vancouver would really wanna keep him in the conference. So much we don’t know..

One thing I have noticed is that ryjo when he took a little media heat upped his game…

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The Avs tried to address that in the offseason with ryjo. @4million that’s a pretty solid bet. That fell on its face. The Avs have been really savvy over the last couple years. I’m glad with missed out on monohan. I don’t think ROR will ever wanna come back my like stastny. Hovrat and lindholm I feel are legit. PLD had way too many red flags for my liking. I wonder if Vancouver would really wanna keep him in the conference. So much we don’t know..

One thing I have noticed is that ryjo when he took a little media heat upped his game…
Damn, we trade him to Montreal or Toronto and he's going to finally break out.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
we’ve heard them(mngt) say they wanna be able to have young cost controlled assets come in. That has failed you could make the case the Avs were way to gun shy when Mack was on that really good deal

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I don’t think we can overstate just how bad Mikko Rantanen is playing. This guy was often the best player on the ice last year, and this year he looks lost. Not a threat at all on the PP, and turns the puck over at least 3-4 times a game.

Anyone know what’s going on with him?

Reactions: missionAvs

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don’t think we can overstate just how bad Mikko Rantanen is playing. This guy was often the best player on the ice last year, and this year he looks lost. Not a threat at all on the PP, and turns the puck over at least 3-4 times a game.

Our expectation grew.

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012

Sleepless in Seattle 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad