GDT: Avalanche vs Red Wings 2/22/24 @5:00 PM (Emergency GDT) In the house of our old Rivals.

What's the best American candy bar?

• Total voters

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Agree 100%. It's not like RyJo is going to magically be a big type player in the playoffs. He sucks. MacDermid is a better skater, as proven on multiple occasions tonight.

CMac just sucks, and is ok watching us f*** away our season because he is too lazy to figure out the problem.
there was some out there who thought it was gonna be boom or bust. Cmac and co. Who have had really good eye on players, Towes, lehky, nuke, and a slew of others. They tried to address the issue. They missed big. Their not always gonna get it right, especially with no premium assets and limited cap space.

Mind boggling how some people fail to correlate this

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It should be reiterated that the pro scouts deserve their fair share of criticism for giving the green light to that acquisition in the first place. RyJo was an obvious misfit back then and is even more so now. I have no f***ing clue what they were thinking.
Anyone associated to the RyJo decision has their fair share of the blame.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He tied his own hands with that one. He thought he was a genius getting Nashville to retain, but instead gets a guy that has firmly played himself into the negative-value range despite the retention. Nobody is gonna take on that contract without an overpay.
Cut your losses then. Theres no reason Johansen needs to play. I guarantee there is someone in Loveland chomping at the bits to play in the NHL and will do anything to try to stay in the NHL. Thats what the Avs need right now more than Johansen who cant skate, cant move and has the intensity of a sloth on sleeping pills.

Legitimate question… has Makar ever gone 8 straight games in the NHL without a point?
Nope. Saw in the post game. He looks like ISIS stole his dog.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
there was some out there who thought it was gonna be boom or bust. Cmac and co. Who have had really good eye on players, Towes, lehky, nuke, and a slew of others. They tried to address the issue. They missed big. Their not always gonna get it right, especially with no premium assets and limited cap space.

Mind boggling how some people fail to correlate this
What do you mean no premium assets?

Multiple 1sts, Girard, Byram, pretty much every prospect in the system.

This narrative that CMac has limited options and little resources is just a garbage argument.

If he wanted a 2C he could go and get one. He just refuses to use any of his assets and continues to hope the dumpster diving will some how magically work.

Reactions: katfude

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Overrated? Makar was widely regarded as the second best player in the nhl. Jesus this place

It’s the same people that wanted Towes,lehky etc.
Unfortunately the big misses are much more visible and when you are a team with Cup aspirations you really can't afford to miss this badly.

Reactions: Alienblood

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

This narrative that CMac has limited options and little resources is just a garage argument.

If he wanted a 2C he could go and get one. He just refuses to use any of his assets and continues to hope the dumpster diving will some how magically work.
He doesnt have the balls. Allvin been trying to improve his team all season. No trades to be made is a bad excuse. There are trades to be made you just have to have the balls to do it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I hate to say it but the only way the team will have a fighting chance moving forward is by trading Rantanen. We can't pay him what he'll want moving forward. Simply too many holes to have an 11M+ floater that leeches a good portion of his points by getting to play with 29.

Unfortunately I don't have any confidence that CMac could even manage a trade of that caliber, so basically we are f***ed.

Reactions: Phil Raitt

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
That Red Wings team is not good .
Cut your losses then. Theres no reason Johansen needs to play. I guarantee there is someone in Loveland chomping at the bits to play in the NHL and will do anything to try to stay in the NHL. Thats what the Avs need right now more than Johansen who cant skate, cant move and has the intensity of a sloth on sleeping pills.

Nope. Saw in the post game. He looks like ISIS stole his dog.
The league caught on to Makr. His regression is happening

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

This narrative that CMac has limited options and little resources is just a garbage argument.

did you even bother reading what I typed? Wilful ignorance or reading comprehension issues?

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Avs out chanced the Red Wings all game and especially so in the 3rd. They did not turtle, that’s simply not true.

People need to look at the forward lineup and adjust expectations for this team. If nothing changes at the deadline, I think we know where this team is headed.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think Makar needs to fire some big slapshots from the point on the PP. He is too predictable with his wrist shot. He has a bomb of a shot so use it sometimes. I bet guys will stop blocking his lane to the net. Too easy right now.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
We’ve seen 2Cs go for less assets than the Avs have. It is a choice to not pay the prices. There is merit in a debate about it being worth it (where I clearly have my own bias)… but there are plenty of pieces to use pay for a 2C.
They attempted to address the issue in the off season and fell on their face. This team has more than one hole. They go out bid on lindholm I’m gonna assume what center could the Avs got with the assets they have. Do you really wanna add LOC to a trade for lindholm who was invisible in cancover

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Somethings happened between the time he took out Kuempers eye and today. A bad something. It happens. He wont turn it up in the playoffs all a sudden. He looks completely done.
He needs to do that to every goalie we face in the playoffs and we are golden. I'm pretty sure that was CMac's plan all along. Go go gadget gouger!

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They attempted to address the issue in the off season and fell on their face. This team has more than one hole. They go out bid on lindholm I’m gonna assume what center could the Avs got with the assets they have. Do you really wanna add LOC to a trade for lindholm who was invisible in cancover
I’m saying if it was a priority for the front office to fix, they could have found a solution. More than Lindholm has been available over the past two years.

Reactions: chet1926

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
did you even bother reading what I typed? Wilful ignorance or reading comprehension issues?
What did I miss, you said the Avs have no premium assets and limited cap space, both are lies.

Boom or bust type move. Yep agreed. But it's busted. Yep agreed they made some good choices on these type moves in the past. Your point seems to be they tried to address the issue but missed. But that doesn't give them a pass on this shit ass move because tried to address 2C. You've got to keep trying now that it's failed, something CMac is refusing to do.

Reactions: lionsDen

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think Makar needs to fire some big slapshots from the point on the PP. He is too predictable with his wrist shot. He has a bomb of a shot so use it sometimes. I bet guys will stop blocking his lane to the net. Too easy right now.
Yup. He needs to just look them all off and start firing shots. Evan Bouchard does this to McDavid and Leon alot this season and look at his goals total.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
What did I miss, you said the Avs have no premium assets and limited cap space, both are lies.

Boom or bust type move. Yep agreed. But it's busted. Yep agreed they made some good choices on these type moves in the past. Your point seems to be they tried to address the issue but missed. But that doesn't give them a pass on this shit ass move because tried to address 2C. You've got to keep trying now that it's failed, something CMac is refusing to do.
Teams aren’t gonna make trades just because they’re the Avs. It has to benefit them as well. It sounded like the Avs were in on lindholm. We don’t know why it didn’t go through.. teams aren’t gonna make trades like some of you think they aren’t gonna trade promising young players for scraps. We rag on girad and byram. You think teams are chomping at the bits for them. If you think so you’re wrong.

We hear it all the time the Avs are gonna have to make a decision this summer,,, and the offers up of our expendable players always seems to have those two guys name in it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad